Task 7

Moderator: Silvana Mandeville

Task 7

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:58 am

After deciding what to eat now you look through drink list and mark down which one you want to buy for the party.

Task: Create your own drink. What's the name, ingredients, etc, and share it below in 75 words or more.
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Re: Task 7

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:10 pm

The drink I made is called Anne-Marie's Special and warning, it has a LOT of sugar. Drink only if you have a huge sweet tooth like I do. I can also only handle one of them before it's too much sugar. It is made from milk, hot chocolate mix, canned whipped cream, chocolate syrup, cinnamon, marshmallows, and candy canes (crushed and whole).

You'd start it off with making regular hot chocolate, heating up your milk and adding the hot chocolate mix. Mix in some cinnamon into the hot cocoa to taste, and add the marshmallows. Then you spray the whipped cream on top and drizzle the chocolate syrup on the cream. You crush up part of a candy cane as the last thing to add on top. Place the rest of the candy cane (or a brand new one) into the drink.
Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:19 am

The drink I decided to make is called Lestrange's Earl Grey Hot Chocolate. The recipe starts by making Earl Grey simple syrup: for each cup of syrup, you start by placing one cup of water, one cup of sugar, and two Earl Gray teabags in a saucepan, simmering over low to medium heat until the sugar dissolves. You then remove the saucepan to heap, let the teabags steep for a further five to ten minutes, and remove the teabags; you can then move the syrup to a container and allow it to cool.

To make a cup of the hot chocolate, you put two ounces of dark chocolate (70-85%, depending on your preferences; you can go lower if you'd rather have a sweeter or milkier drink but I personally wouldn't recommend it), a cup of milk and a tablespoon of the Earl Gray syrup into a saucepan and heat it on medium until the liquid is hot and the chocolate has completely melt it in. Move the hot chocolate into a cup and add whatever accoutrements you prefer to add into hot chocolate before serving!
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Louis Walles » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:33 pm

I would love to make a smoothie for the party. I am not an expert at making smoothies but I would add my favourite ingredients. My drink will definitely contain strawberries and blueberries. Additionally, I think some banana and apple would mix pretty well with the other ingredients. How would I call it? Hm...I literally have no idea. Although, I think I would probably use Anne-Marie's idea and call it 'The Lou's special', sounds nice.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Harry Walles » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:38 pm

I would also want to make a smoothie but I would like to mix it up with vegetables. I absolutely love bananas and kiwis and so I cannot imagine a smoothie without them. I would then add some carrot to it to make the smoothie taste a bit more unique. I would probably call my smoothie 'the magical touch' as I want it to make people more to taste it and the name may interest them.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Adeline Morior » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:58 pm

I love butterbeer and I love milky and coffee type drinks so I would most likely combine the drinks. Butter with maple syrup and add some delicate yummy coffee and a tad bit of chocolate to balance the bitterness out. I would probably also add a bit of marula fruit to the mix as it just adds so much flavor to a milky or buttery drink. We tend to have it here. It can be a butter beer, a butter latte with choc and coffee or a syrupy delicacy, even a fruity treat.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Alyanna Azheera » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:01 am

So let me tell you my favorite drink, hehehe.

HOT CHOCOLATE
Cocoa powder – be sure it’s unsweetened
Sugar – add granulated sugar to your desired sweetness
Chocolate – melt in semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, chunks, or shavings for a rich chocolate flavor
Milk – we use whole milk for a creamier consistency and it incorporates chocolate better than skim milk.
Vanilla extract – use homemade vanilla for the best taste

HOW TO MAKE IT
In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar and cocoa powder. Add milk, chocolate chunks, and vanilla.
Place over medium heat until steaming, whisking constantly to avoid burning the chocolate.
Cool to desired serving temperature and serve with your favorite toppings.
Break your limit, go Infinite
Alyanna Azheera
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Return to Winter Wonderland