Task 5 - Puzzle

Moderator: Chantel Poole

Task 5 - Puzzle

Postby Chantel Poole » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:00 pm

Puzzle Time!

Gary and his friends have been planning on attending the end of the year party for months! Can you help Gary remember who is supposed to wear what color and how long it will take each of them to get ready?

Task:
Complete the logic puzzle with these clues:

Clues:
1. Of the colors worn by Porter and the person who takes 30 minutes to get ready, one was Yellow and the other was the Blue.
2. The person who took 75 minutes to get ready was Gary.
3. The person wearing Purple took 15 minutes longer to get ready than Porter.
4. The person who took 15 minutes to get ready was Oswald.
5. The five colors worn were Green, the one worn by the person who took 60 minutes, the color worn by Dakota, the one worn by the person who took 75 minutes, and the one worn by the person who took 15 minutes.
6. The color Yellow wasn't worn by Dakota.

Direct Link: Grid

Alternatively, describe what you would like to wear to a party and/or what kind of food you would have the most fun bringing, minimum of 100 words.

Send your answer by email (with your HOL name included) to chantelpoole.hol@gmail.com and sindoraloyarc@gmail.com, or post about your party attire/food contributions below, by January 31st at 11:59pm HOL time to earn 10 beans.
Chantel Poole
My MC is a... Lethifold

Re: Task 5 - Puzzle

Postby Prof. Felicia Hartwick » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:28 am

Well, first I have to say, I hate logic puzzles. Never liked them and would give my "partner in crime" Belle Black them to solve whenever we had one in any of our assignments. So, therefore, that is why I'm here to talk about party attire.

Next, I have to say, I'm not one to parties either. Gatherings of family or friends, yes, huge fancy parties, not so much. So for this, I'll write about what I would wear to a family gathering (party). Our gatherings are always usually casual, so I would probably wear a pair of jean, a tee-shirt with a sweater or sweatshirt over the tee shirt. I'd wear sneakers for comfort, my days of wearing 3 inch/4 inch heels are over.

Now as for what I would bring to said gathering depends if it's the summer/spring or fall/winter. For the summer I would bring a fruit salad made with what ever seasonal fruit is available ( apples, pears, pineapple, grapes, strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, raspberries). In the winter, I would make some sort of soup, usually homemade clam chowder or homemade chicken soup. Served with a loaf or two of some sort of bread.
Prof. Felicia Hartwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Louis Walles » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:29 pm

As I am going to Iceland, I would need to take plenty of warm clothes. I would probably take a warm jacket and some warm gloves, probably two pairs, a nice scarf and a warm hat. Additionally, some solid boots and proper trousers. Then, some jumpers. I would take a few spare ones just in case. When it comes to food, I would take some tea and then plenty of tea bags and a thermal mug, so when I get a chance to use a kettle, I could get myself some warm tea. I would also take plenty of sandwiches.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Harry Walles » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:32 pm

I am going to India so I would have to take a light clothing. It is rather hot in there and I am planning to fly there in summer and so I cannot take too warm clothing as this would be useless. I would take a few pairs of shorts and a few nice t-shirts. Plenty of mosquito sprays and some first aid kit. Regarding the food, probably I will take some nice crisps so that I can munch on them while flying around. I would take plenty of water as I definitely do not want to get really dehydrated.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Adeline Morior » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:48 pm

I would like to wear all black. Some comfy black jeans with a nice crop top, black biker boots, red lips and I would top it up with a glittery top hat for the fun of the party. Perhaps even a fun bow tie. I would bring some yummy easy to make hot drink ingredients to make at the party such as hot choc, butterbeer or Mocha. Food wise. Bring all the yummies. From potato chips and cookies to whole cakes and pretzels for snacks, to pumpkin pie, pasta salads or pizza. I love food and would go all out if I could.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Emily Spencer » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:46 am

Well, going with the notion that I’ll be in Ireland this holiday, I will definitely be dressing accordingly. I’m a more casual sort, so no ball gowns or fancy finery for this girl. I plan on wearing some nice woolen leggings (preferably gray) with an emerald green tunic (Slytherin will be represented!). I have an absolutely gorgeous Irish cape of glen plaid, so that will compliment the outfit perfectly. That’s clothes sorted.

I am well known as the ‘aspiring chef’ of the group, so catering a party will be a real treat for me. Irish stew and soda bread are a must, as well as my great-grandmother’s apple cake (which is a must). Of course, tea would be part of the menu without question, and I would plan to bring a couple of different varieties so that people could choose their favorite.
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Gnome

Return to Pole to Pole: Get Gary Home!