What made YOU want to be an Eagle?

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Chose Slytherin

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:08 am

So, I chose slytherin...simply because I find them interesting...however, I got ravenclaw...trust me I like Raves...Especially now I am one...I have a friend who says I should say Eagles, but I enjoy Ravens...I apologize for any offense... :cool: truth be told slytherin came in last...Gryffindor came second...I don't think i'm slytherin enough for slytherin :D

Areen Ennariam

Postby Aiden Allery » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:19 am

I ended up a Ravenclaw, I suppose, partially because I liked the people better. I lurked for a while, as my best friend is a longterm member of the site and a Gryffindor. And it seemed that the majority of people who amused me, intrigued me, and just made my day were members of this house. Everyone who's read HP either wants to be a Gryffindor like Harry, or a Slytherin. Me, I never really got into that -- neither of those houses suit me anyway.
Personality-wise, I'm more of a Ravenclaw than anything else. I'm definitely an intellectual, kind of the quiet type. And I'm the kind of person who likes to figure things out on her own -- and I never take the easy way out.
Note: There is a difference between learning and education. And learning never ceases...
Aiden Allery

Eagles Rule!

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:16 pm

I chose Ravenclaw because:
1: I'm smart, the top student in my class (maybe second, I'm going into a new class)
I'm a bit vain, but I try and keep it in check. (I kind of brag about how smart I am :oops: )
3: Well, I'm clever. I can figure out riddles that stump every one else.
The only thing that was a bit doubtful is that I'm quite artistic. My thoughts on Ravenclaw were that they liked facts, not creativity.
Maybe I was wrong.
Oh, and Slytherin's are cunning (nice)
Gryffindors are rash, though brave.
And Hufflepuffs are loyal. I like loyal people.
So, I have nothing against any other houses. I just prefer Ravenclaw.

Postby Psylocke Furey » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:49 pm

I chose Ravenclaw because I'm very books oriented... I learn best from facts and I have great book smarts. I'm not so good with the Gryffindor bravery or the Hufflepuff diplomacy, and I'm definitely not cut out to be in Slytherin... so here i am!
Psylocke Furey

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:32 am

Like others have said before me, the most likly reason in which people wish to be in Gryffindor is because they see Gryffindor as the best because the book is in Harrys point of view.

Me I like both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff the best. When I took the sorting hat quiz, all the points were close to one another Ravenclaw first followed by Hufflepuff then Slytherin and Gryffindor last. I am a person that will charge into things, but I do have logic behind everyone of them. Hufflepuff is all loyal, but Ravenclaw is the best for me because I think before I act, instead of following someone. Me personally think that Hermione should have been in Ravenclaw, but hey it is a book what can I do?
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:44 pm

Ever since I read the third book I always liked Ravenclaw over all the other houses. Gryffindor seemed nice but Ravenclaw had a certain touch that made me love it. If I wasn't in Ravenclaw I'd probably be in Hufflepuff because they are fair and loyal. I don't think I could ever pull off being a Slytherin even role-playing. Gryffindor would be cool but we know so much about it that we can't really decide what we would be like or do or say because we know so much about it. Ravenclaw is cool because we don't know that much about it. Ravenclaws are also supposed to be smart and I always put school as my top priority(sp?). And besides learning and knowing things is fun. Ravenclaw Rocks!
Anonymous

Postby Hamlet Silverleaf » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:27 am

I'm honest, a bit of an intellectual, and a definite philosopher; but I'm also insolent, bold as the Lion when not being shy, always stubborn as the Lion, & a definite slacker, so which house do I really belong in?

Hermione Granger and Lily Evans could have easily fit into Ravenclaw, but they were in Gryffindor, why do you think that is?
They were of keen mind, and definitely loved school as much as any Ravenclaw, but they had the Lion's spirit of Gryffindor.

With that worn old virtual steeple-hat atop my head, I definately expected Gryffindor, I even told it so, so I guess I must have had tied results as I did on another sorting quiz I've taken, but this quiz for whatever reason leaned towards Ravenclaw. As should be clear, our virtual sorting hat simply doesn't compare to the real thing, and seems to maybe even have a bit of favoritism going on.
It is kept simple like my sorting quiz for Everdrought, but we are not so simple. A mind is a complex puzzle that requires in-depth analyzation to be solved. Though, it is possible to find a means of simple solving, the HOL staff doesn't seem to have quite pulled it off.

& Thanks to my laziness, just as there are Gryffindor's being mislabeled Ravenclaws here, there's surely plenty of Primroses being mislabeled Galahads, & Galahads being mislabeled Noirs over on Quizilla. Yes, yes, a hypocrite I be...

Just call me Luna Lovegood, as I don't really quite fit in anywhere, though I've never had problems making friends, and I'd probably tear The Quibbler to shreds after reading just one page. *whistles innocently*
*ahem*Gryffindor temper*ahem*

-- Hami out.
Hamlet Silverleaf

Postby Julia mac » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:36 am

i wanted to be a ravenclaw because its not gryfindor.evreybody wants to be on gryf because HP was in it.I wanted to be different and go into ravenclaw.

RAVENCLAW ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to remove screen stretching exclamation marks -- Chloe
Julia mac

Why Ravenclaw

Postby Merenwen » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:51 pm

I've only been a ravenclaw for (looks at watch) 15 minutes, but I've always prefered Ravenclaw over Gryffindor. Obviously you do need people on the front lines ready to charge in head first, but I think it's just as important to have people behind the scenes working out a plan of action. Gryffindors would fall apart in a fight if they didn't have Ravenclaws to plan it for them.
Merenwen

Postby Ronan Cavanagh » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:13 pm

When I started being a HP-freak, I was a total gryff. lover. I guess because Ron was in gryff. (holler to my red-head pals! haha). But I switched my loyalties soon after. I guess the sterotypical ravenclaw appealed to me. "A" student, smarter than the rest, you know the drill. Of course, were not just a bunch of brains running around with wands in our hands (well, i guess it would be lobes if we were brains?? I dont know, haha!). Our brains are just a nice perk. And besides, no other house makes muffins better than us! Yay muffins! :colors:
Ronan Cavanagh

Postby Anonymous » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:41 am

I will admit, i didn't want to be a Ravenclaw my whole life. At first I was a fan of the Golden Trio(especially Ron) and all of the Gryffs. But I came to realize, after reading more and more of the books, they were not all that great. I started to look at the other houses and decided I liked Slytherin. But I also decided as fun as it would be to be in Slytherin, for my personality it wasn't a practical thing. After leaving them behind I landed in Ravenclaw(in my head...of course). The people in this house are smart and fun. They have common sense as well as brains. I may not be the typical Ravenclaw(I'm not in the top of my class, but my grades are good enough), but I feel like I'm clever enough to be here. It's really a great place to be! :D
Anonymous

Postby Jacquelyn Eden » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:20 pm

I wanted to be an eagle because in real life I am pretty smart. But also, everyone wants to be a gryffindor becuase Harry Potter was. I actually considered following the crowd becuase I always dreamed of wanting to be one. But I wanted something different, I wnated people to know me as part of the smarteer group!

I also considered going into Hufflepuff, because they are always so nice.

I never wanted to be in Slytherin, because of the fact that Malfoy and his gang were in it.
Wand:14 1/4 inches from a yew tree, with a kelpie bone core
House: Ravenclaw
Pet: Cat named Kermit
Jacquelyn Eden
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Sieryn Atwater » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:17 pm

Well, from the start I did not want to be put in Gryffindor... Way too mainstream for me 8) lol

Hufflepuff just didn't appeal to me for some reason... maybe the colors? :huh: But yeah, Hufflepuff wasn't really my house...

I thought it would've been awesome to be put in Slytherin! 8-[ It just strikes me as... cool... eheh...

But my top choice was Ravenclaw, just because I didn't get enough of Ravenclaw in the HP book and it seemed so... underappreciated. Plus, I considered my personality to fit. Sooo, it seemed I was right. Ravenclaw was ahead of any of the other choices when I got Sorted, which I was pretty happy about. :P
Sieryn Atwater

What made me want to become an Eagle

Postby Meeow Joka » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:31 pm

Er... nothing! Personally I wanted to be a Slytherin, because, man, they're just cool! But oh well, it's better than a Hufflepuff (which is what my sister is in, mwhahah :lol:)

The lions are okay! But yes, everyone wants to be in it because of Harry. But hey, if he went to Slytherin as he was going to, you all know everyone would have wanted to be in that house instead.

But as for Ravenclaw... well, I suppose now that I'm in it, it's better than I thought. I mean they are ment to be the smart ones!

Edit: This post has been de-netspeakified by Leah Samson. Please, PLEASE live up to Ravenclaw's standards by writing in proper English.
Meeow Joka

Postby Chloe Fairchilde » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:23 pm

This doesn't apply to all of you, but I'm going to put it here for future reference, because I don't like the trend I see forming.

Please, please don't discredit the other Houses. It's great that you wanted to be in Ravenclaw (or at least want to be here now), but keep in mind that no one House is any 'better' than any of the others. This is not JK Rowling's Hogwarts. This is HOL. Hufflepuffs are not duffers. Slytherins are not evil. Gryffindors are not stupidly brave.

It's like your mother said: If you can't find anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Therefore, anyone caught bashing other houses will be strung from their thumbs at the top of the tower (Ok, so not really. But you will have your post edited and/or deleted and get a warning.)
Chloe Fairchilde
My MC is a... Doxy

PreviousNext

Return to Below the Branches