What made YOU want to be an Eagle?

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Re: What made YOU want to be an Eagle?

Postby Scarlet Irisa » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:45 pm

YES BECAUSE OTHERWISE YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE MET ME!!! And how said would that be?! :) :) :) :)
Thank you to Cassie for my amazing siggie and avatar!
Scarlet:
PT: Brainbox~Looker 2~Miss Congeniality~Speciality-Flying 2
DB: Firebrand~Excessive Pride
Scarlet Irisa
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Ginny Lee » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Eagle is cool!!! I like the Ravenclaws since the first time i read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.. Actually, i watched the movie first before read the book, and i like the sound of 'raven' and 'claw', when Professor McGonagall mentioned it in front of Harry Potter and the others..

Being the intelectual, smart, and elegant... why not being an eagle??!!!
HIATUS
Ginny Lee
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Ernest Slughorn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:06 pm

Horribly tragic, Scarlet. And nice, Ginny.
Signature by me. :)
Ernest's Character Balancing Traits
Ernest Slughorn | er870 | Ravenclaw | Alte | Book Club | PPC
Ernest Slughorn
My MC is a... Streeler

Location: Lost. As in, my soul may not be occupying my conscious body. It's in a curious sort of Purgatory.

Postby Leanna Lovegood » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:57 am

...and also because I enjoy hanging out with the slightly crazy (in a good way), arguing, intellectuals. It makes for enjoyable entertainment.

On a different note...

Ernest Slughorn wrote:What led me not to ask for Ravenclaw was that it valued sheer wisdom. I didn't find that fair, as not everyone can be smart.

Well, if not everyone can be smart, they go to a different (but equally good) house. That's what makes us so unique, we have something some of the people in other houses lack, as they have traits we might lack. Which, because of the balance, does make it fair.

Plus I find sheer wisdom (as well as intelligence) completely, awesomely awesome.
Leanna Lovegood
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Postby Ariadne Derey » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Funny story, I was actually a Hufflepuff when I went on the Harry Potter website quiz when I was eleven. But then a whole lot of crap happened in my family and I changed because I had to. So partly because it had to be mostly Ravenclaws that diagnosed me and my dad and my brother with our things, and partially because I really dislike yellow, I decided that I was going to be smart and Ravenclaws are smart and so I became a Ravenclaw.

Is that even allowed? To change your house after you've been sorted? Probably not in Hogwarts, but here it's fine. Lucky for me!
Ariadne Derey
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Olivia Iris » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:10 pm

I find Gryffindor very overrated and quite a boring house. Gryffindor is the only house we really read about in the books. Plus I always found Luna a very interesting character, and she came from Ravenclaw. When I answered the sorting hats questions, I did it as honestly as I could - so I didn't choose to be an Eagle. I, in fact thought I was going to be a Slytherin, as I'm very proud but quite cowardly, any sense of danger and I forget all loyalty, and run. But I wasn't surprised with my results when they came through, because I love books and puzzles. I'm very happy to show my intellect though my house! I got sorted into by far the best one!
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
- Thomas Edison

Image Please help me hatch this Dragon, just click on the egg!
Olivia Iris
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Aidan Baker » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:31 am

Rekindling this thread. For me, i've always adored books. I want a library in my house when i get a big enough one. I always assumed the Ravenclaw common room would be littered with interesting books and bookcases. *Sigh* it sounds like heaven to me.

In regards to my personality, i'm a bit of a perfectionist, which i've been trying to curb. I love learning and love doing homework, which is weird but there you go. Even the annoying stuff i kind of enjoy, because it's so satisfying when its all done.
Aidan Baker
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Matilde Rayne » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:29 pm

Another interesting topic...

Aidan - you're not alone in thinking the Ravenclaw common room sounds wonderful; I feel I'd have enjoyed it a bunch, as well.

Why I originally wanted to be an eagle, though? If we're talking about way back, the first time I decided on Ravenclaw, it was pretty much because blue was my favorite color, birds were my favorite animals, Gryffindor and Slytherin didn't sound all that appealing in the books (too many extreme personalities and too much drama, maybe?), and I suppose Hufflepuff wouldn't have been bad, but eww yellow. So, yeah, kind of shallow. >_<

Over time, luckily enough, it turned out that Ravenclaw - valuing wit, intelligence, love of learning, creativity, intellectual curiosity, etc. - ended up being the house I best fit into.
Matilde Rayne
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Anna Broomswick » Fri May 03, 2019 1:13 am

I've always wanted to be a Ravenclaw, since I first read the books. In my mind, they were always the intelligent and creative, and what I've inspired to be.
Anna Broomswick

Postby Jansen Cullipher » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:01 am

I have actually believed I was a Slytherin my entire life, well until recently. I knew from the very get go that I was not a Gryfindor, as I don't have the bravery and strong moral system they seem to carry. I also knew I was not a Hufflepuff, as I don't carry the softness, patience, or creativity. That left two houses, Slytherin and Ravenclaw. I am a blunt, clever, cunning, sarcastic, and I have always been an intellectual.I find that knowledge is the most important to me, but these traits did not help me identify my house. Eventually I found the true difference between a Slytherin and a Ravenclaw. Slytherins love knowledge, but more importantly they love knowledge to fuel their ambition and aid them in their rise to the top. Ravenclaws love knowledge for knowledge's sake. Maybe its an American thing? But from a very young age I have been told and internalized that I need to be successful in my career and in climbing the ladder of power to be fulfilled. That ambition made me believe I was a Slytherin, but as an adult I have reevaluated my feelings and am beginning to peace together who I am. I do not want to, nor do I need to, be successful or powerful. I just need to be secure and happy in life with the people I love. Part of what makes me happy is delving into new subjects, new worlds, new knowledge. So after some had thinking, multiple quizzes, and the sorting hat from Hogwarts Online, I now identify as a proud Ravenclaw. There will still always be a part of me that has those traits, and I embrace those traits, but it's nice to know where I truly belong! Also hoping this community introduces me to new Ravenclaw friends, because as of right now I have none. I mean at least 80% of my friends are Slytherins and the other 20% are Hufflepuffs. So feel free to message me!
Jansen Cullipher
Jansen Cullipher

Postby Rose Dove » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:42 pm

I have always identified with the Ravenclaw house. I love books and puzzles and riddles. I am not brave nor courageous nor any other trait. Books make up most of my identity so Ravenclaw always made the most sense to me.
Rose Dove
Prefect-in-Training

Previous

Return to Below the Branches