What made YOU want to be an Eagle?

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Postby Prof. Laffengraff » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:27 pm

The first sorting hat I ever took was actually at the official HP site and it gave me Ravenclaw. When I became HOH here, there was not even a sorting hat yet, lol. Later I did take it, for fun, and it came out Ravenclaw though. In fact every test I've taken has come out that way. It's the wit and wisdom that attracts me, not so much the walking dictionary part because I'm not that.
"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure" (Luna Lovegood)
Prof. Laffengraff
Haha! My MC is bigger than yours!

Postby Hari O'Duibhleargain » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:01 pm

Prof. Laffengraff wrote:It's the wit and wisdom that attracts me, not so much the walking dictionary part because I'm not that.

Nah, Chris is the walking dictionary ;) Or else he knows the dictionary very well, LOL....
~Preppy!Hari~
//Queen of Bluebonnets//The 4th Sistah//
Hari O'Duibhleargain

Postby Prof. Laffengraff » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:07 pm

Chris sleeps with the dictionary.
"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure" (Luna Lovegood)
Prof. Laffengraff

Postby Hari O'Duibhleargain » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:41 pm

So I've heard....;)
~Preppy!Hari~
//Queen of Bluebonnets//The 4th Sistah//
Hari O'Duibhleargain

Postby Allanna Branwen Culwich » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:58 pm

Once I slept with a dictionary! But it was by accident, I was reading it, and I fell asleep on top of it... Very good reading when I don't have a novel!
Allanna Branwen Culwich

Postby James Summers » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:17 pm

Now see that's why you're all in here and I'm in Slyth. *has never felt the urge to read a dictionary in any capacity other than looking up inappropriate words*

*grins*

Mind you Ravenclaw has always been my second house. So I'd probably feel at home here with you lot. :D

Jim
James Summers

Postby Astra Holt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:22 pm

Well I've been a Ravenclaw since before I knew what that was. I've never been particularly brave...ok, I'm a coward! But I'll check out almost anything if there's a chance of learning something. And I don't mean learning the lesson, "NEVER do THAT!" I always feel a sense of pride when I figure something out for myself or read the instructions and get the answer before my family.
So...that sounds like a Ravenclaw to me.
-Astra Holt
Astra Holt
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Taylor MacPherson » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:06 am

When I was reading the first Harry Potter book and the sorting hat talked about Ravenclaw, I just wanted to leap into the pages and become a Ravenclaw. I love school, using my brain, learning new things, reading, all of that dorky stuff. Like Laffy said- the wit and wisdom pulled me in too. I love being witty, and being around witty people. I also have these random really deep moments when advising my friends...lol...ANYWAYS, I felt like Ravenclaw would be the best fit and I never ever wanted anything else!
Taylor MacPherson

Postby Anonymous » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:06 pm

I am, surprisingly enough, not an Eagle. *shrugs* Ask the Sorting Hat about it, it knows better than I how I ended up in Gryffindor....
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:11 pm

I'm not a Ravenclaw either O_o I'm a Hufflepuff and PROUD OF IT!

(And I think Hari O'Duibhleargain got in the wrong house, she seems a lot more Hufflike than Eaglelike....)
Anonymous

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:25 pm

almost every single person I met was going, "Gryffindor is sooo cool! I'm a lion!" My best friend said she was, but I knew she was lying because she really got Hufflepuff...

Anyhow, I like the part about 'wit.' I don't care if I'm brave or not, that's not the only good quality in the world. People ask me if I'm kidding when I say I would choose wit over boldness. Now think of this. What if you ever were a bit TOO bold, like some Gryffindors I know. You would go headstrong into something without even thinking about it!

At the real HP site, I took the test and at first, it said I was Gryffindor. But that was because I was a little kid who wanted to be like Harry Potter. I took it later, with my real choices, and I got....RAVENCLAW!

Then after that it came loading, on every single quiz I took on the internet I got the same answer. Soon, I was obssessed with Ravenclaw and changed my favorite color, which was green, to blue. And besides, blue really is a nice color.... :lol:

I hope I didn't talk TOO much...

Postby Janaque Eganclaw » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:14 am

Anonymous wrote:Soon, I was obssessed with Ravenclaw and changed my favorite color, which was green, to blue. And besides, blue really is a nice color.... :lol:

Blue is America's favourite colour. :) (It said on crayola.com)

LOL about your story and only being Gryffindor because you were a little kid who wanted to be like Harry Potter. That was cute.
Janaque Eganclaw

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:34 pm

I wanted to be in Ravenclaw because, for one, I put education, learning, and wits above most priorities (not to sound geeky), and two, because RAVENCLAW ROCKS~! :D ... However, Slytherin didn't seem all that bad either... It's really unfair how the HP series make the Slytherins so evil... Nonetheless, RAVENCLAW ROCKS~! (once again)... :lol:

Postby Toni Lombardi » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:08 pm

Why Ravenclaw?

It's a bit of a long one for me. I think I initially considered myself a Gryffindor when I was getting into the HP series just shortly before the PoA movie hit the theatres. I probably didn't know much about the houses though. There were a bunch of things that lead me to this house:

-I think it was Cho Chang that got my attention. Perhaps I considered her character the equivalent of my real world crushes/girlfriends: smart, gorgeous, athletic (and of course an emotional basket case.) Not really much on her, but I did find a great fanfic on fanfiction.net titled "Or Die Trying: The Story of Cho Chang." It gave me an insight on the Ravenclaw house and many of the members that only got a brief mention in the book despite the fact that it wasn't canon.

-Playing HP: Quidditch World Cup on PS2 and found the Ravenclaw team to be my favorite when facing off against my sister (Slytherin) and younger cousins (Gryffindor and Hufflepuff.) Roger Davies and the rest of the chasers are absolutely brilliant.

-Speaking of Roger Davies, he's the Ravenclaw I can relate to. He's gotta be smart because he's in Ravenclaw, and I've always done well academically. He's the captain of the Quidditch team, which means he has to be good at it and have some sort of leadership ability. I'm an athlete, was captain of the crew team, and consider myself a leader. Davies is a pilot like me, though I have more serious problems than bludgers to worry about. He was also lucky enough to be Fleur's date to the Yule Ball, and yeah... Let's not forget that Fleur and the Beauxbatons contingent of course chose the Ravenclaws to hang out with.

-Luna Lovegood. I've only recently taken a liking to her character. I like that her ideas and perspective are way out in left field. Terribly intriguing as a character, and I'm a possible supporter of the Harry/Luna 'ship. But she also reminds me of the people in HS that I would always stick up for when they were getting picked on. I dunno, I'd probably think she was too crazy to hang out with, but I'd least do something about all her stuff getting stolen.

-With online quizzes, I usually get Gryffindor, but sometimes get Ravenclaw. It really depends on how questions are worded and what they're trying to get at. I run both ends of the spectrum from being a complete smarty pants nerd, to a courageous rule bending meathead. I think I picked Ravenclaw with the HOL Sorting hat though because I can see every aspect of myself in the characters of the house.

-TL
Toni Lombardi

Postby Sage Kerregan » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:15 am

Hm, it was actually quite funny. When I signed up for my very first HP related/based forum/site, I had really no clue where I wanted to be or who I was. I am pretty much a bit of everything, so yeah, I was clueless.

So I answered the questions as honestly as I could and I got into Ravenclaw. And wich time, to any forum I would sign up, it would be Ravenclaw. And with time I came to love it to much that I can't imagine myself in any other house than Ravenclaw. If before I didn't mind being in Gryffindor, now no way.

Hm, I might not be the brightest eagle around, but I think I'm getting close to being a walking dictionary (translator) back at home. So yeah *hugz and cling to Ravenclaw* :P

Best house ever!!!
Sage Kerregan

PreviousNext

Return to Below the Branches