Greetings to other houses :)

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Re: Greetings to other houses :)

Postby Dean Fuaddy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:55 pm

HI SIRI <3333 *takes a yummy raspberry muffin*

Glad that you've visited our common room. I hope you can enjoy your time here! :D

And erm, we ARE awesome ;)
Signature and avatar made by Secret Santa

Dean Fuaddy|Second Year|RQT|Little Monster!
Dean Fuaddy
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Demysel Whitewood » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:25 am

Hello there, Siri, welcome to the Roost! Enjoy your time here :)

*takes one muffin* And thanks for the muffin! Yummy! :D
Demysel Whitewood
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Violeta Lost » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:06 pm

Hello hello!

I finally found my way here (I'm famous for getting "Lost" hehe)... ehmmm I'm Violeta Lost and I come straight from the Sett! I'm a third year badger and I'm happy to be here :D
Violeta Lost
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby North Ellwood » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Welcome to the Roost, Violeta! Have a muffin! *offers Violeta a blueberry muffin* :D
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." Albus Dumbledore

North Ellwood | First Year | RQT
North Ellwood
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby MafEe Villarreal » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:39 am

Hello peoples:D
I am a Slytherin first year, Wooo! Go Slytherin!!!
Most my family has been in Slytherin and it wasnt a shocker when i was sorted into it. I am very proud Slytherin just to let you know.
anyway, i just came to say hello and i would also like to say how confusing the Ravenclaw commonroom is! gees! does anybody else agree with me or is it just me? it might just be me... haha
ha well gotta go now and remember,, Alaia Logan is awesome! haha
MafEe Villarreal

Postby Gertrudis Leheureux » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:17 am

Confusion. Well. No. Just keep repeating to yourself over and over that "What might be seen as chaos is just someone's else's sense of order". I think the roost looks like what it is: Life in the tree tops of an Avatarian jungle.

This makes me ponder over the positioning of the various houses:
Slyth dungeons, elegant and submarine-like with the cool green light of water coming in through panoramic windows
Puff sett, homey, safe and earthy like a hobbit house
Gryff all reddish, firey, feet on the ground of the forbidden forest where they always seemed to be ending up
Ravenclaw's tower with the stars painted on the ceiling, diadem sapphire blue of the sky, changing weather, airy with great 360º views. Gee, what's not to like?

Hope to see you hopping around in The Roost.
...or cranky wizards. J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Fellowship of the Ring"
Thanks to the incomparable Efie of Sparkly Butterfiles, Sparkleissa Ink, for the gorgeous signature
Gertrudis Leheureux

Postby Lillian Mayhem » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi to all of you!
I'm another Slytherin from first year! I come from a pure blood family in which most of the members were Slytherins but there were a few that were sorted in Ravenclaw :lol: I have to say that the Sorting Hat's second option for me was this house. I'm so proud of my house but if I were sorted in Ravenclaw I would be so happy anyways because I admire you.

So I'm glad to be here as visitor. See you around :)

Gertrudis Leheureux wrote:This makes me ponder over the positioning of the various houses:
Slyth dungeons, elegant and submarine-like with the cool green light of water coming in through panoramic windows
Gryff all reddish, firey, feet on the ground of the forbidden forest where they always seemed to be ending up
Ravenclaw's tower with the stars painted on the ceiling, diadem sapphire blue of the sky, changing weather, airy with great 360º views. Gee, what's not to like?

Looooove the way you described the common rooms. Slytherin and Ravenclaw ones are dreamy.
Lillian Mayhem

Postby Gertrudis Leheureux » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:22 pm

Lillian Mayhem wrote:Looooove the way you described the common rooms. Slytherin and Ravenclaw ones are dreamy.
Thank you thank you.

HPDH is probably my favourite book after HPPoA. When Harry and Luna get to the top of the stairs "...they reached a door. There was no handle and no keyhole: nothing but a plain expanse of aged wood, and a bronze knocker in the shape of an eagle."

You know what I might like to see in the HOL Ravenclaw House is a door just like that. We shouldn't automatically be able to come in but instead should answer some question or simple riddle. Or maybe we can have the option of answering and gaining a point or muffins or saphire for answering the question or we can just enter and have done with it.

Then the story continues: "....Ravenclaw comon roomwas a wide, circular room, airier than any Harry had ever seen at Hogwarts. Graceful arched windows punctuated the walls, which were hung with blue and bronze silks: by day, the Ravenclaws would have a spectacular view of the surrounding mountains. The ceiling was domed and painted with stars, which were echoed in the midnight-blue carpet..."

I just love the imagery.
Gert
...or cranky wizards. J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Fellowship of the Ring"
Thanks to the incomparable Efie of Sparkly Butterfiles, Sparkleissa Ink, for the gorgeous signature
Gertrudis Leheureux

Postby Vera Prince » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Hey! I'm Vera Prince, I'm a Slytherin 1st year :) Nice to meet you all! If you wanna know more about me, just shoot me a message :D

Oh, by the way, Alaia Logan is awesome ;)
Creds to Brie MacKenna for the awesome siggy~!
Vera Prince

Postby Victoria Frost » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:20 am

Hello, I'm Victoria from Slytherin. I'm a first year and excited to visit the roost! I see people talking about their family history. I'm one of the few half-blood Slytherins around. :)
Victoria Frost

Postby Bella Coupland » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:27 am

Gertrudis Leheureux wrote:You know what I might like to see in the HOL Ravenclaw House is a door just like that. We shouldn't automatically be able to come in but instead should answer some question or simple riddle. Or maybe we can have the option of answering and gaining a point or muffins or saphire for answering the question or we can just enter and have done with it.

What a wonderful idea!

And welcome, all you Slytherins! Welcome to the Roost :)
Bella Coupland
My MC is an... Imp

Postby Holly Synyster » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:32 am

Hello im Holly :D

A Slytherin house member :D
I think your common room is really cool :P

Im from England and am pretty friendly so just send me a message if you wish to chat :D
Holly Synyster

Postby Dean Fuaddy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Hello Holly!

Welcome to the Roost! :D Nice to see that there're many snakes had visited our common room. I hope you can enjoy your time here and have a muffin! *offers the snakes a basket of muffins*
Signature and avatar made by Secret Santa

Dean Fuaddy|Second Year|RQT|Little Monster!
Dean Fuaddy

Postby Blanca Solchoice » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Gertrudis Leheureux wrote:Confusion. Well. No. Just keep repeating to yourself over and over that "What might be seen as chaos is just someone's else's sense of order". I think the roost looks like what it is: Life in the tree tops of an Avatarian jungle.

This makes me ponder over the positioning of the various houses:

Hope to see you hopping around in The Roost.

That's why Ravenclaws ( :r6: ) are the best... they get the coolest, prettiest, AWESOMEST common tooms \:D/

Also, HI THERE!
I'm blanca solchoice, obviously, I'm a new Eagle. Nice to meet you all :)
~blanca solchoice
Blanca Solchoice
My MC is a... Boarhound

Location: flower-arranging at the Snuggly Duckling- thnx D! :)

Postby Kate Quinn » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:01 am

Hi Ravenclaws :) *waves*

I'm Kate and I'm a first year from Hufflepuff. I'm visiting the other common rooms to meet all the lovely people in the other houses. So, hi everyone! :D
Kate Quinn

PreviousNext

Return to Below the Branches