Task 2 - Ollivander's Shop

Moderators: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Silvana Mandeville

Task 2 - Ollivander's Shop

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:56 am

Silvana stared at Freda who was walking away with her friends. Then, she looked around her, decided where she should go first before she saw a girl standing in front of Ollivander's shop. The girl looked so intently at the shop door. So, Silvana decided to approach her.

She softly tapped the girl's shoulder. "Hello, my name is Silvana. Are you going to Hogwarts?" Silvana greeted the small girl. She was sure the girl was a First Year student.

The girl smiled at her and nodded. "I want to buy my wand but I'm not sure what wand I'll get."

"Don't worry. Come on, I'll accompany you to buy your wand," said Silvana, took the girl's hand and led her to the shop.

"My name is Leah Mauve," the girl said to Silvana, smiled.

They arrived at the wand shop, and Mr. Ollivander greeted them. He took out the wand one by one for Leah to try, a few moments later a wand was chosen.

"Pine wood with a dragon heartstring core, 9" and rigid flexibility," said Mr. Ollivander quietly.

"Pinewood? What a great wand!"

Task: What is your wand? Can you use it to color this picture?

( Direct Link )

Post about your wand and your completed colouring below for 10 beans by Aug 29, 11:59 PM HOL-time. Have fun!
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Re: Task 2 - Ollivander's Shop

Postby Astor Arensin » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:59 pm

https://postimg.cc/rzfXKQD6

My current wand is an English Oak wood with a Unicorn Tail Hair core, measuring at 10 inches in length, and with a reasonably supple flexibility. I do plan to make my own wand in Tarma's Wand-Making class this term, one that fits me more. But until then, I shall describe what my current wand means.
English Oak symbolizes helpfulness and endurance, which definitely fits well for me. Unicorn Tail Hair represents purity, innocence, and healing magic. I feel like that doesn't fit me too well, so I plan to use a different core when I make my own wand. 10 inches is represented by the number 1, which means originality, leader, arrogance, and dominance, which also does not describe me.
Astor Arensin
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:46 pm

My wand is 13 1/2 inches, cherry wood, blueberry stain. Self core.

Cherry wood has different meanings amongst different peoples, but often they share the same basic symbology. -- Death, and rebirth. New awakenings. Love and divination. Compassion. Happiness. Mindfulness. Strong expression.

The length represents 4 - Foundations, patience, builder, power and order, and the beginning. Making something happen (manifestation). A tendency to be stubborn.

She's a beautiful wand. I've had her for a while.
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Sissy Moonstone » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:13 am

My wand is an Ashwood wand its core is unicorn hair it is 10' is a flexible wand.
Ashwood symbolizes strength, power, and high awareness.
Unicorn hair core generally produces the most consistent magic and is least subject to fluctuations and blockages. They are generally the most difficult to turn to the Dark Arts.
https://postimg.cc/ZBd3TScZ/3ade741c
Sissy Moonstone
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Emily Spencer » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:41 am

My wand is a 6" pine wood wand with an eagle feather core. The handle is wrapped in strips of green and gray leather to represent my House, namely, Slytherin. I use my wand mostly for healing purposes, so pine is actually an excellent choice. One of the wood's main properties is to assist the wielder in the healing arts, as well as lend ancient magical knowledge. On the practical side, it is also a fairly sturdy wood, so that is a definite plus as well.

The eagle feather core also aids in healing and the length is congruent with home, service, and family, all of which are very important to me. Besides, I am a fairly short person, so having a shorter wand really does suit me quite well. Additionally, I am very much a city-witch and don't want to risk poking someone's eye out with a longer wand.
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Evelin Stockom » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:05 pm

My wand is Apple Wood with a phoenix feather core, 10 3/4 flexibility
Applewood wands are limited in number and certify their wielders with high aims and ideals.
Phoenix hair core wands are harder to tame but capable of the greatest range magic.
I love my current wand but I also wish to carve one myself in Prof.Tarma's Wand-making class.
Evelin Stockom
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Louis Walles » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:31 pm

https://i.postimg.cc/vT70Z9QP/image-2021-08-07-203045.png

My wand is 7" Cherry Wood, Phoenix Feather
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Harry Walles » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:39 pm

My wand is: 10¾" long, made of vine wood, and possesses a dragon heartstring core.

Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Prof. Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:42 pm

13 3/4 inches, cedar, dragon heart-string.

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
My MC is a... Mackled Malaclaw

Postby Mia Fountain » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:12 am

My wand is 12 inches holly wrapped in ivy. It has an unconventional core of dog hair.

Mia Fountain
Head Student

Postby Elysia Guerin » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:33 pm

My current wand is Laurel wood with a dragon heartstring core, 11 ½" and solid flexibility.
—Thank you for this beautiful siggy, Silvana Mandeville.
Elysia Guerin
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Lulu Peregrine » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:43 pm

[/img][/img]My wand is Red wood with a unicorn hair core 9 and 1/2 inches and a brittle flexibility.

PS : how do I upload an image here , please help. :sad:
[url][/url]https://dynamic.brandcrowd.com/preview/logodraft/e0f472b0-0de5-44ef-a5f9-7640524bfb60/image/large.png
Lulu Peregrine

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:28 pm

Hey, Lulu :D

Here’s a bit of info that may help. Let me know if you have further questions! <3

* How do I post Graphics?
A few popular Image Hosting sites are Postimage, Imgur, and Imgbb where you can upload your work, then receive a link toward sharing elsewhere. The “BBCode” to attach on Roost forum submissions (which can be accomplished automatically for you by the click of a button from options at the top of your editing page) is [*img][*/img] with url in the middle (i.e. [*img]link[*/img]) — NOTE: You would remove the asterisks (*) in order for this code to be successful. They’re added here to display the example effectively.

Xoxo,
-Sin
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Postby Aurelia West » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:41 pm

My current wand is laurel wood with a phoenix feather core, 10 inches, and solid flexibility.
Aurelia West
My MC is a... Jobberknoll

Postby Alexie Rose » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:19 am

The wand that I got from Ollivanders is an Alder wood with a unicorn hair core, 10" and surprisingly swishy flexibility.

Alexie Rose

Next

Return to Onto & Off Again: The HOL Express