Task 8 - Hogsmeade Station

Moderators: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Silvana Mandeville

Task 8 - Hogsmeade Station

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:21 am

"We'll be at Hogsmeade Station soon, let's put on your robes~" said Silvana, jumped from her seat and starting to put on her robes.

The others did the same. "Hogsmeade? The only all-wizarding village in Britain?" asked Neville, his voice full of curiosity. "I've heard about the village for a long time and was really excited to find out that we could visit Hogsmeade on the weekends."

"Ah, but not if you haven't reached the Third Year yet," said Silvana.

"Too bad, but that's okay." Neville nodded his head, took out his things.

The train stopped at Hogsmeade Station, one by one students got off the train. Outside, Prof. Dario Brighton was waiting at the station, where he would guide the First Years to Hogwarts through the Black Lake.

"Let's go! Elysia and Neville, you can follow Prof. Dario," said Hannah, pointing to where Prof. Dario is standing.

"What about you?" asked Elysia curiously.

"We will ride the horseless carriage!" Freda replied, step off of the train.

"Whoa, what's that?" asked Neville.

"You'll know later~ See you at school, Neville and Elysia!" Silvana exclaimed, waving her hand.

Task: Create your own shop at Hogsmeade. Tell us what's its name? What would you sell? What's the shop look like? Post below in a minimum 100 words for 10 beans, by Aug 29, 11:59 PM HOL-time.
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Re: Task 8 - Hogsmeade Station

Postby Astor Arensin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:33 am

Ohhh I have so many ideas! I have a great affinity for gardening and taking care of creatures, so definitely related to that! I'm also interested in potions ingredients as well as wand-making. Perhaps I could be a supplier for many different things, whether deriving from the plants in my garden, or the creatures I tend to! Similar to an apothecary, but not quite as limited in the selection of ingredients that I sell. Although anything taken from an animal will not be something that harms the animal, unless it has passed from natural causes. My store's inventory can be used as wood or cores for wands, plants for Herbology (or your own personal garden!), Potions ingredients, and more. Perhaps I could also have a side business there as a magical pet breeder, and having supplies and guidebooks for caring for your own magical pet in stock. I'd love to see some more magical dog breeds than just the Crup! As for the name.. Hmm.. Arensin's Haven, sounds enchanting, wouldn't you agree? :)
Astor Arensin
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:54 am

I would have a shrubbery, a la Monty Python.

I'd call it ... The Shrubbery!

When you enter, it does not look like a greenhouse at all, in that magic makes it so that the sky is open to view (sort of like the Hogwarts Great Hall). Pebbled paths lead to the different areas which are devoted to different kinds of plants. Since one plant might have many uses, for example, borage can be culinary, medicinal and 'for looks'. They are not separated for 'use' but rather for which plants grow well together in different areas.

Fully developed plants are along the pathways. Signs would indicate the plant, the name (common, Latin and magical) its needs to grow well, and the uses that it might have. This way people would know what the plant looks like so when they take it home they don't put it in a place where it won't have room or proper conditions. Around each of the mature plants would be young ones in pots for people to take home.

You might wonder how there is so much room in this shop. When you walk through the doorway, it's sort of like stepping into Newt Scamander's suitcase. :cool:
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Louis Walles » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:29 am

If I were to have a shop at the Hogsmeade Station, I would have a coin shop called 'Coinland'.

My shop would be filled with tones of collectable coins, which are not normally used to pay but are for all the numismatists out there who are going to Hogwarts!

My shop would have silver and grey walls and shelves and each of the shelves would be protected by glass doors. Each of the coins available in my store would be put in the alphabetical order, so that everyone would be easily able to find what they would like to purchase.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Harry Walles » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:32 am

In my shop, I would love to sell muggle books!

We all know that in Hogsmeade you can buy tones of magical books, but you cannot get any muggle books. Well, not anymore!

My bookshop would be called 'Muggle Bookle' and will be filled with new and old books by the best of the best muggle writers.

The shop would be green inside, and full of flowers and cozy chairs if someone would prefer to sit down to read. Each of the book will be put into different categories (e.g. crime, romance) and then put in the alphabetical order (surnames).
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Prof. Maxim Trevelyan » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:48 pm

I would have a food restaurant/shop called Quick Concoctions. Since Hogsmeade only seems to have a sweet-shop and pubs, it would be a good idea to have a restaurant for those full meals that you might not get in aforementioned businesses.

It would be a restaurant that offers seating inside and outside, with outside being protected by numerous charms against bad weather and other magical mishaps. The restaurant itself would be swathed in elegant black with grey and gold overtones, but it would not necessarily be a high dining experience where black tie/robes are required.

The food offered would be a mix of wizarding and muggle dishes with some pizzazz or magical twist to the latter.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
My MC is a... Mackled Malaclaw

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:05 am

My shop would be a "Create-Your-Own-Spells" shop for people who wanted their own unique bit of magic! Customers would go into the shop and tell me the desired effects of their spell, as well as other preferences, from language of spellcasting (Latin, vernacular, or something else) to other considerations (e.g. "I would prefer not to have to flick my wrist when casting this spell"). I would then take their wishes in mind and use the principles of magic to create a spell to achieve the desired effect considering the customer's requests. After that, I would teach the spell to the customer and charge them the appropriate amount of Galleons (starting at one Galleon for spells with relatively basic effects, such as temporary colour changes - and higher prices for more involved effects or permanence).
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Emily Spencer » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:37 pm

My shop would be called Emily’s Emporium of Eccentricities and would specialize in the different, exotic, and rare. Globally speaking, there is no one theme, just whatever curiosities I found amusing or exciting. It may be a mask made entirely of dragon glass from Egypt, a cloak made from the rarest of Moroccan silks, or a potion brewed from an extremely hard-to-find flower from Zanzibar. The sky’s the limit! Blame it on my Aquarian nature, but I am a collector of many things, and I would love the chance to indulge my passion for collecting with others of similar tastes.

Of course, there would be a section of the shop dedicated to Muggle finds as well. After all, in our world, Muggles can seem rare and exotic all on their own. There are certain aspects of Muggle culture that simply fascinate me, and maybe my discriminating buyers would feel the same. Lava lamps, for example hold a sense of magic in them. Also, I am a big fan of several Muggle cinematic entertainments, so ‘fandom gear’ from Star Wars and Doctor Who would have to be included as well.

In fact, the interior/exterior of my building would be based on Moroccan/Bedouin design with colorful silk tapestries, lush pillows, and bronze/gold accented walls. The outside would be white sandstone, with jeweled insets embedded in the door. I would also include a refreshment bar in the back of the shop where customers could relax, as well as magically enchanting the air to always smell tantalizingly elusive with spice and perfume. I know it would not be to everyone’s taste, but perhaps it would be just enough of a curiosity to whet interest. One can only hope!
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Elysia Guerin » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:41 am

I will sell bath soap and perfume.

I'll name the shop Elysia's Fragrance.

When you enter the shop, all kinds of fragrances will be smelled and make you want to buy it. By using magic, soap or perfume can adjust to your favorite scent.

My shop will look white on the inside and elegant on the outside. Lots of lights so it doesn't look dark. perfume bottles and soap wrappers visible from the outside. And lots of flowers outside the shop creating a fresh fragrance. You can visit my shop anytime or you can visit when you are in love.
—Thank you for this beautiful siggy, Silvana Mandeville.
Elysia Guerin
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Aurelia West » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:52 pm

I think it would be nice if Hogsmeade had an arts related store, so I'd create one and name it Crafted Curiosities. It would offer useful supplies, but would also offer artistic services and design ideas for events. One of its draws would be the large workspace underneath the store that boasts a peaceful atmosphere where people can learn more about different mediums. In one corner there would be a library of useful material, from simpler beginning books to more advanced techniques. The rest of the floor would be filled with places for artists to work, some outfitted with provided supplies, others bare spaces artists could bring in progress work and create alongside other artists. There would be a monthly open gallery walkthrough of any finished or in progress works present, and I'd like to hope some students would become regular attendees.
Aurelia West
My MC is a... Jobberknoll

Return to Onto & Off Again: The HOL Express