Task 14 - Gryffindor

Moderators: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Silvana Mandeville

Task 14 - Gryffindor

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Iverian Gnash grins at the crowd while standing in the front of the Gryffindor Common Room.

“If you need any help,” she says in her classically bold yet friendly voice, “either myself or Lorainia Riverrider, who’s just beyond this portrait, will be all too happy to assist in any way we possibly can.”

She's about to tell them this week's password, when suddenly the Fat Lady rips up a piece of paper she’s been scrawling away on writing a message, then tosses the mess in the air.

“Ah,” says Ivey as the fallen pieces separate, “I had a feeling this would happen. She does prefer to do it over odd years, after all.”

Task:
Seems as though The Fat Lady won't allow anyone in (even with the right password!) until her message is uncovered. Look inside her frame to see and solve the following Fallen Letters puzzle by Sunday August 29th at 11:59pm HOL-time and send to raves.activity@gmail.com to receive 10 beans! Alternatively, you can post 100 words below on what Courage means to you or a time you've felt particularly courageous.

{click for full-size image}
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Re: Task 14 - Gryffindor

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Solved by:
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Astor Arensin
Prof. Will Lestrange
Emily Spencer
Elysia Guerin
Freda Mandeville
Aurelia West
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Postby Louis Walles » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:46 pm

I have tried to complete the puzzle but since I really struggled, I decided to go for the alternative task.

For me, being brave and courageous is a very important aspect of life and I think everyone at some point has proven themselves to be extremely brave person. To be brave, you do not need to have any special skills or talents. All it takes it;s a good heart and a bit of faith in oneself. Being brave is not simply being strong either mentally or physically, but just to be proud of yourself and making sure you will give a lot to succeed.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Harry Walles » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:47 pm

For this task, I decided to tell you about a time where I think I was courageous.

I was about 9 years old when I first left Canada with my parents and moved to England. My first language is French so learning English in a completely new environment was crazy. At the age of 14, my mum wanted to go back to Canada and take me with her. I, however, didn't want to leave England and so after hours of arguing, my mum allowed me to stay in England in my cousin's house. I managed to live away from my parents at a very young age.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:07 pm

Solution:
"Sometimes bravery is continuing to climb after you've fallen back down ladder. Other times it's heading back down on purpose to assist someone else's ascent."
{click for full-size image}
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Return to Onto & Off Again: The HOL Express