Task 15 - Slytherin

Moderators: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Silvana Mandeville

Task 15 - Slytherin

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:44 pm

Aurelia West has been sent on ahead to welcome everyone into the Slytherin Common Rooms, while Louis Walles leads them down the stone steps just off the Entrance Hall to the dungeons where Emily Spencer is waiting to set a few ground rules before proceeding through.

"Lucia Dinapoli will also be available," Emily says after going through her list of upcoming highlights and memorable reminders, "she's just skipped off to her dorm to grab a deck of tarot for anyone interested in a reading before turning in."

The house basilisk, Basil, slithers on by. Emily cracks a smile, caressing an affectionate finger across his scales.

"This is Basl," she informs, hissing his name in Parseltongue. "Can anyone take a guess what he might be saying?"

Task:
Even if you haven't taken the class with Professor Lestrange yet to grasp his full meaning, perhaps you'll understand the inflection and intention behind our basilisk friend's greeting if you decode the following Cryptogram by Sunday August 29th at 11:59pm HOL-time and send to raves.activity@gmail.com to receive 10 beans! Alternatively, you can post 100 words below presenting a piece of creative writing that includes a Basilisk in the story.

{click for full-size image}
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Re: Task 15 - Slytherin

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:45 pm

Solved by:
Elysia Guerin
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Astor Arensin
Prof. Will Lestrange
Emily Spencer
Freda Mandeville
Aurelia West
Evelin Stockom
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Postby Louis Walles » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:55 pm

'Okay students, now you are about to meet one of the most important characters of Slytherin.'said Emily. 'You need to be careful, though. He has a reputation of being a bit on edge'. All new students followed her carefully and quietly.

Louis decided to go first so he is the one opening the doors to the house of the Basilisk.
'Please, just like Emily said, remain cautious'. He opened the door and all the students looked up.

'Hello everyone' - said Basilisk. 'Welcome to Hogwarts. Although, I do not necessary enjoy people coming over, I am positive to welcome you to MY SCHOOL'.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Harry Walles » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:53 pm

The story is the continuation of what Louis said above :D

All students looked at the Basilisk in amazement.

'Oh c'mon Bas, try to be more welcoming' - said Louis. Basilisk grinned and said 'Alright, Louis, I will try my hardest'. Emily turned to the new students and said cheerfully 'Although Basilisk is a very large creature, he won't harm you guys, so no worries'.
'Unless' - interrupted her Basilisk loudly - 'Unless...you make me very annoyed or I will be in the mood or whatever'. He laughed loudly and turned its back on the group. 'I have enough of visitors for today' - he said. 'Make sure you visit tomorrow, though. I shall be waiting here'.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:12 pm

Solution:
"Patience is a virtue, and we're patient as can be.
Come coil 'round the endgame. Circle up now, join the team
."
{click for full-size image}
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Return to Onto & Off Again: The HOL Express