Task 12: Proud Potioneering

Moderators: Prof. Kendra Givens, Mod Squad

Task 12: Proud Potioneering

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:02 pm

I very nearly forgot that Gilderoy Lockhart was also an amateur potioneer! He is responsible for inventing an expensive (and dangerous) shampoo made with Occamy egg - guaranteed to keep your hair gorgeous and shiny!

Now it's your turn! In at least 100 words, write an advertisement for another magically enhanced product that Gilderoy himself would be proud to put on store shelves. What makes this product special? What magical ingredient did you use to elevate it from its everyday use? Alternatively, you can create a graphic of said product with a brief description of it. 10 beans to those who post their advertisements below by October 3rd at 11:59pm HOL time.
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Re: Task 12: Proud Potioneering

Postby Harry Walles » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:52 pm

Ladies and gentlemen. Witches and wizards.

Being as awesome, and utterly handsome like me may be easy to me but for you? Well..it is a work in progress. But what if I told you that there is something that will make you look a bit more like me and allow you to feel as awesome like me?

Introducing a new face cream called 'The Glidering Shimmering'. This new face cream is made with Phoenix tears to make sure that your skin remains smooth and silky at all times. The cream can also heal any small wounds.

So what are you waiting for? Get your 'Glidering Shimmering' cream now!
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Louis Walles » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:56 pm

Good morning, everyone.

My name is Gilderoy and as you know...I am perfect. There is nothing new about this. But what else I have perfect? Well...everything but um...let's focus on the most important. HAIR. Yes! My hair is always shiny, on point and smells soooo nice. This brand new hair spray is one of the newest products on the market today. 'Glittering Gilderoy' is not a common hair spray, oh no. It consists of unicorn hair, to keep your hair refreshed and shiny. But that's not all. Glittering Gilderoy can be used as a dry shampoo or even conditioner! Go and buy one (or more)!
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Astor Arensin » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:18 am

Try my new product, Gilderoy's Fancy Facial Ointment, today!
Now, I know what you're thinking! "What an odd product for Gilderoy 'Flawless Face' Lockhart to have created when he does not suffer from any facial issues."
Well, dear readers, this product is for you, not me. Do you want to have a flawless, beautiful, or handsome face like mine? Not a single scar, pimple, zit, or blemish to be seen! And no, it's not glamour, haha! Gilderoy's Fancy Facial Ointment is a potion-based ointment cream with the main ingredient of Ramora scales and a splash of Runespoor venom. The venom is made inert during the production process, so you don't have to worry about any adverse side effects!
Astor Arensin
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Emily Spencer » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:33 am

Good afternoon, everyone! How fortunate it is for you to meet me!

Let me ask you this, my friends. Have you ever looked in the mirror and cringed at the ravages of time reflected back at you? Have you ever despaired over lost youth and the firmness of unwrinkled skin? If so, then you have certainly come to the right place.

Allow me to introduce my Wonderful Wrinkle Erasing Cream! Just a dab or two faithfully every morning and night will have you wrinkle-free and smooth-skinned in a matter of mere weeks. Made from the finest of ingredients, my cream will transport you back to bygone days, and once more you will be all smiles at the sight of your reflection. Guaranteed to take off at the very minimum 20 years from your appearance. Do not let time win the battle; it is your body and it's time you took back control!

Each batch of Wrinkle Erasing Cream is crafted lovingly in my own laboratory by dedicated employees trained by myself personally to ensure quality of product. A mixture of sweet angelica, boom berries, dittany, rose petals, and pearl dust, my cream is guaranteed to produce results. Order yours today and claim your very own fountain of youth! You will thank me for it; I'm quite certain.
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:26 pm

Are you almost as amazing as me, Gilderoy Lockhart - but need the rest of the world to know how amazing you are? Maybe you should try my secret trick: the Charisma Concoction! The recipe for the Charisma Concoction is secret, but it is very likely that unicorn hairs play a major part in its creation. Just get a spray bottle of Charisma Concoction and spray it all over your robes (and body), and I can guarantee that everyone will start to admire even the ground you walk on! Yes, the Charisma Concoction is absolutely the trick you need to boost your charisma today!
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Return to Galavanting with Gilderoy