Task 13: A Brief Encounter

Moderators: Prof. Kendra Givens, Mod Squad

Task 13: A Brief Encounter

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:12 pm

Imagine you were to spend some time hanging out with any of the creatures listed in the titles of Gilderoy's famous novels. Tell us about that experience in at least 100 words. How did it go? Did you have fun? Was it too dangerous and you left right away? Did you have to save the day after some mishap occurred? Did you have a lovely lunch and you're looking forward to hanging out again? I'm so anxious to hear how it went! Post your story below by October 3rd at 11:59pm HOL time to earn yourself 10 beans.
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Re: Task 13: A Brief Encounter

Postby Harry Walles » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:24 pm

This time around, I decided to follow Gilderoy's steps and spend a nice evening with the Yeti. I reached his cave and knocked on the massive door. Yeti opened the door and smiled happily. After I have told him that I am a friend of Gilderoy, he let me in. He decided to cook me something nice, and it turned out to be a nice turkey. We spend two hours reminiscing our childhoods and we explored how different they were, I had an enormous amount of fun and I loved every minute of it. I am definitely going to visit him at some point again.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Louis Walles » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:31 pm

I was walking through the forest to meet up with the family of werewolves that lived near Hogwarts. It was not a full moon and so I was not scared of visiting them. I crossed the lake and spotted their small but very cozy house. I knocked and was welcomed warmly. They did not prepare any feast but they did made a few sandwiches for me, which was nice. They treated me with some hot chocolate. They decided to talk to me about the astrology and I was listening to them eagerly. This was a really nice day and I had so much fun.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Astor Arensin » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:24 am

I'm quite a fool for attempting to spend a day peacefully with vampires, now that I look back at it!
In the book Voyaging With Vampires, Lockhart managed to coexist with the vampire clan and work with them, so I thought, "I can do it too!" Well, no, I most certainly could not. Vampire clans are incredibly territorial and hostile to outsiders, especially if you are alone. I should have listened in my Defense Against the Dark Arts class more! I crossed the borders of their territory in an attempt to find their den and speak to their leader; I wanted to learn more about the clan and their way of life (or rather, death? unlife?) and almost ten minutes after wandering in their lands, I was ambushed! I only narrowly escaped their borders and disapparated out of there.
Astor Arensin
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Emily Spencer » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:49 am

When I started out on my quest to find hags suitable for hanging out with, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But following Gilderoy's footsteps seemed like a worthy venture, so off I went to do just that. Luck was with me that day, and I had not traveled very far before I came across a lovely group of four hags who immediately took notice of me. Not one to shy away from adventure, I boldly stepped forth and introduced myself.

Surprisingly, we got along very well. Velma, Gertrude, Olivia, and Prudence were quite friendly once I got past the 'we-eat-children-for-breakfast' phase. Granted, they were quite insistent on me stuffing myself with honeycakes, chocolate bon-bons, caramel fudge, and treacle tart while we chatted, but I think that was just their way of making me feel welcome. No, I don't think they were fattening me up for the slaughter, but I can understand why you might think that. Although, it really is a shame that they are judged so harshly just because they look like the Muggle version of witches in all those silly stories.

We spent the day quite peacefully. I even helped them gather mushrooms, wild onions, and various herbs for a stew they were making for dinner that evening. Velma informed me that it was a party for me; I was the guest of honor and everything! I tell you, hags are so misunderstood! Kinder creatures you would never find. They even wrapped me up snuggly in a thick blanket when the air started to chill. Prudence assured me that the rope binds were merely to keep the blanket from falling off my shoulders.

Alas, it was not to be. Hags are also fickle creatures, it seems. We heard the sound of children laughing and off they went, leaving me all alone. When they came back, they fell asleep immediately, groaning in contentment. The stew, the party, and I were all but forgotten. I managed to untie my bindings and slipped back to school, leaving them in their slumber. I will never forget my experience, so thank you, Gilderoy, for prompting me to take the chance.
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Gnome

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:06 pm

I went out to a clearing to seek some ghouls to dance with. Then I realized I had misread the title of his work: it wasn’t “Dancing with Ghouls” but rather “Gadding with Ghouls”. Thinking closely I realized “gadding” is just another word for “going” and that the ghouls had probably gadded away from that location! In great spiraling circles I walked in hopes of running into a ghoul, but to no avail. Eventually I reached an abandoned house; walking inside, I finally found a ghoul or two. They turned out to be boring creatures, feasting on the moths and spiders in the house and showing no signs of noticing me. I decided that this adventure was really not worth the effort and so I left the abandoned house and returned back to my comfortable suites back in the castle!
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Return to Galavanting with Gilderoy