What Makes You a Ravenclaw?

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

What Makes You a Ravenclaw?

Postby Andrea Caroline » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:55 am

The House of Ravenclaw values intelligence, knowledge, and wit. Describe one of your personal experience (from real life) that best portray the Ravenclaw house traits. It can be the time when you received a full mark for your school exam, when you helped your team to come up with a smart solution that rewards you to win the Smarts Competition, or share what worldy knowledge that you posesses that not everyone knows about. Visitors from other houses are welcome to reply on the topic as long as they posted a personal experience that portrays only the traits that the Ravenclaw house posesses.

I'll start :D

I fancy working on logic problems and solving puzzles. Sometimes I took some of my freetime off to play sudoku or took a quiz on Facebook with questions relating to History. On a game night my family and I usually played a game called Cluedo where we got to solve a murderer mystery using deductive logic, inductive logic, and the logic of elimination.

Now it's your turn :D
BRAWNY and a wee bit BRAINY
Andrea Caroline
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Re: What Makes You a Ravenclaw?

Postby Kimberly Combs » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:09 pm

i've worked in a library for bout 4 years now. i think that would count somewhat. oh, and i love love love to read.
Kimberly Combs

Postby Liam Weasly » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:52 pm

I love reading and even if i do say so myself im very intelligent
REMEMBER ALL THOSE THAT DIED FOR HARRY POTTER!

PEACE WILL COME AFTER WAR AS DAY COMES AFTER NIGHT...

THE WAY FORWARD IS EQUALITY AND FAIRNESS NOT IN POINTLESS WARS...
Liam Weasly
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Raoul DeLomel » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:30 am

oh by where to start.

Well when I was in University I majored in History which requires a lot of reading and writing papers. The only class I ever got a perfect paper in was Victorian Britain and the paper was on how Charles Darwin was not a head of his time in coming up with the theory of Natural selection but was actually a product of Victorian society. (the actual title of my paper sounded a lot better) Which is no easy feat to accomplish; most people believe that he was a head of his time. That was a fourth year class that I took in my third year. I begged the professor to let me in that class as I did not have the third year history pre-requisite for that class. Professor P. Loved my paper so much that she kept it. <('.'<)(>'.')> (<-that's me doing my little dance there)

My Optional classes that I took to fill in some spaces in my schedule were usually Classics, and intercultural studies which by no means are easy classes to take especially German, Italian and Spanish Lit. '.'; But the class I took on the Black Death an Enlightenment was pretty cool. So needless to say I was a sucker for punishment in University.

Now I'm applying for more punishment through work as I am filling out an application for an 18 month management program to maybe become a store manager to fill in the roughly three years I have to wait to get accepted into Teachers College.

Special thanks to the amazing Adelline Aldridge for making my sig <3
Raoul DeLomel
My MC is a... Jobberknoll

Postby Jamie Miller » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm

My love for reading, writing, and learning bring me to Ravenclaw. I think Gryffindors are over rated. Slytherins are just plain rude. Hufflepuffs are a bit too rule loving. Ravenclaws rule! Show your eagle pride!
Image Jamie or Jam or Muffin. I am a silly goose.
Jamie Miller
My MC is a... Ferret

Location: Ravenclaw Common room sitting upside down on a chair reading

Postby Zoe Daniels » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:11 am

I'd say it would be my love for reading and writing that is what makes me a Ravenclaw.
Siggy and avatar made by the amazing Jenna Hathaway!
Zoe Daniels
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:47 pm

I love to read. I like mysteries and thrillers. I also enjoy reading almost anything that is non-fiction, as long as I understand it. This is because I like learning new things :D

I also love puzzles. I cannot stop working on a jigsaw puzzle once I start one. I work on the crossword puzzle in my school newspaper between classes. I love trying to solve logic puzzles. I think games that require strategy are the best.

And blue is the prettiest color!!
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Ariel Kingston » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:28 pm

You wound me Jamie after all the good times we've had in the dungeons *mock cries*

If i wasn't sorted into my wonderful house of Slytherin I think Ravenclaw would have been a very close runner up. Knowledge is power and I love learning new things and I read like a mad fiend usually at least 2 books a week and beleive me I'd read more if I had the time. I think intelligence is one of the most important attribute someone can have as long as it's paired with a good dose of common sense to go with it.
Ariel Kingston

Postby Hermione Nadine Gillonder » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:50 am

I love reading books -- too much. And I love learning and studying something new -- I'm just a curious girl! I'm intelligent and creative, maybe it makes me a Ravenclaw. :lol:
"Here in wise old Ravenclaw,
if you've a ready mind,
Those of wit and learning
will always find their kind."
Hermione Nadine Gillonder
My MC is a... Puffskein

Location: Ravenclaw, values intelligence, creativity, learning, and wit!

Postby Pammy Rainroad » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:41 pm

I love reading and people say I'm pretty smart, and love leaning almost anything.
I need a Potter.
Pammy Rainroad

Location: In the Ravenclaw common room, by a bookcase, eating a muffin.

Postby Avira Wolvezevie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Well...books :lol: But not just that, I take all honors classes and love to write my own stories. Whenever I can get a chance to learn something new, I get excited, especially when its about the past. Blue is also my absolute favorite color.
Avira Wolvezevie, Ravenclaw First Year
Avira Wolvezevie

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:08 am

I've always seen myself as a Ravenclaw. I don't think I have the bravery found in Gryffindor and Slytherin, and Hufflepuff is hardly talked about in the books and seemed kind of boring. Ravenclaw is my favorite house!

I like to think I'm intelligent, and would fit well in Ravenclaw - I do well in school (most of the time) and enjoy almost all of my classes, and I love to read and write. I spend a lot of free time on crossword puzzles, logic puzzles, and especially brainteasers. Blue is one of my favorite colors, too, and I really like blue and bronze together, which I just realized were the Ravenclaw colors when I joined HOL.
Arielle Lemoyne | RQT Co-captain | Ravenclaw DHoH
Prof. Arielle Lemoyne

Postby Arnora Eleniel » Mon May 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Well, my love for books (I have more than 800 of them if you don't count textbooks!) and learning. However, one thing I don't want to learn about is the kitchen and cooking. You won't get me near there, nuh uh.

When I was a few years younger, my friends and I always played magic and Hogwarts and everything. We would get an old looking hat from the attic and play the sorting. I've always ended in Ravenclaw. :lol:

I just love logic puzzles and sudoku and everything like that. Even crosswords. So yeah, I'm a hard core Eagle. 8)
Arnora Eleniel

Postby Prof. Silmarien Szilagyi » Mon May 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Like Nora, I love books, too. I haven't counted how many books I own, but I know my mom has over 2,000, which may seem convenient until you have to take them all off the bookshelves, box them up, and then restock the bookshelves.

I actually have two amusing anecdotes from my childhood about books. When I was a lot younger, I didn't like to eat, which unnerved my parents. So to get me to eat normally, my mom bribed me. She'd say, "If you finish all your dinner, you can stay up later and we'll read books." It worked every time. Then, when I had entered elementary school, I would be the only one of my friends who would check out books, usually non-fiction animal books, from the school's library. It wasn't until I was in third or fourth grade that I started reading fiction (Chronicles of Narnia). My favorite genres are science fiction and fantasy.

In my spare time, I research things online or in books. Usually it's medical-related, because I have a morbid fascination with strange and deadly diseases. I enjoy doing puzzles (though not sudoku because I dislike math), and have over ten novels in progress. I also love languages and am teaching myself Finnish and German (partially). I speak English and Hungarian fluently, and Spanish near-fluently.

Finally, my mind is constantly whirring. It really never shuts up, which can get annoying when I'm trying to fall asleep, but I view it as a good thing.
Cassie Lobiesk knows me well. :)
Silmarien Szilagyi || pr_sil || DHoH || Alte
Prof. Silmarien Szilagyi
Countess of Centaurs

Postby Aveliana Goldthorn » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:43 pm

I'm not a huge fan of reading, but I do *love* audiobooks. I'm a natural multi-tasker and I find with an audiobook on the go, I can be 'reading' and doing something else at the same time! Productivity! ;P

I'm constantly doing crosswords, sudokus, jigsaw puzzles, or logic puzzles on my phone whenever I have a spare moment, and my brain works very logically in general. I work as a contract web programmer, so I work with code all day, and do my own coding in my free time. :)
Aveliana Goldthorn
My MC is a... Puffskein

Next

Return to Below the Branches