Space Shows

All Things Pop Culture

Moderators: Lex Green, Aquaria Sandalwood, Rose Dove, Ravenclaw Staff

Space Shows

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:13 am

Did you know there are so many tv shows about space? Do you even watch any shows that take place in space?

Neville and I just ran through Stark Trek: the Next Generation and Deep Space Nine within the last few months. I know I have seen every episode of ST:TNG before, but it was fun to watch it in order (especially since we loved the new show Picard and some of the back story was pulled from TNG) *geeks out*

Are you a major or minor fan of any space shows?

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
My MC is a... Knarl

Re: Space Shows

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:13 am

I really only have vague memories of this show (I would have been 8/9yo while the two seasons were airing on Nickelodeon), but as soon as I read through the post it was immediately popping into my head as I remember that it was one of my childhood favorites during the time it was on TV:

Space Cases
(1996–1997)

Synopsis: “One day at an academy, 7 people sneak aboard a mysterious spaceship. The people consist of 5 students, who are Harlan, the athletic leader from earth; Catalina, the Saturnian rainbow-head with a sonic scream; Bova, the negative sour-pus Uranian who can generate electricity; Rosie, the happy Mercurian who radiates heat; and Radu, the Andromedan with super strength and hearing; the other two people are Mrs. T.J. Davenport, the principal at the academy and Commander Seth Goddard, who is their teacher/commander. While on-board they meet an android named Thelma who informs them that they are on a spaceship that is half living and called the Christa. Just when they meet up they become aware that they are approaching a hole that if they get sucked into, they will be stuck in space for 7 years. They eventually do and along their journey they encounter many hardships and enemies that they work together to overcome. They also meet some new people like Suzee (Catalina's imaginary friend from another dimension who gets pulled into this dimension during a warp, putting Catalina in her dimension; she can read minds and has gills), Elmira (Sponge daughter of Warlard Shank), Warlard Shank (the arch enemy of them), etc.” - synopsis contributed via IMDB by ‘Bethany
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Re: Space Shows

Postby Janne Halla » Thu May 02, 2024 2:51 pm

I love the sci-fi genre, especially when it comes to TV and movies! Star Trek is a particular favourite of mine and I'm so happy to see it already featured in this post. :)

Sometimes, when people ask me for suggestions on which Star Trek show to watch, I always say The Next Generation is a classic, but a lot of them are scared of the many, many episodes.

I think Strange New Worlds is a good compromise for newcomers and I heartily recommend people to watch it. While it's a modern show (when it comes to production), it has that 'old' TNG feel to it and it features some of the OG characters, like Spock. It also has fewer episodes and I find it that people enjoy it a lot.

There's also Star Trek Lower Decks, the animated show, but no less heart because of it. It might appeal to those who love anime or just prefer that TV medium.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Return to E=MC Hammer