December 2020 Monthly Theme Song

All Things Pop Culture

Moderators: Lex Green, Aquaria Sandalwood, Rose Dove, Ravenclaw Staff

December 2020 Monthly Theme Song

Postby Gail Allen » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:38 pm

I don't know if it's just me, but I've been listening to a large number of 'old, but golden' songs lately and I have to admit; I love it and now I want to hear what classics all of you would like to see given some spotlight this month.

Share one or two of your favourites below.

(If anyone wants a guide on how to embed videos, it can be found here )
Gail Allen
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Re: December 2020 Monthly Theme Song

Postby Mia Fountain » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:13 am

The song Stand By Me, performed by Ben E. King.

Mia Fountain
Head Student

Postby Prof. Maxim Trevelyan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:51 pm

What is a "classic"? :lol: But yeah, I got some of my favorites here.

I heard this song in multiple versions and Presley's is not even my favorite. However, I heard it a few days ago and it hits me with nostalgia and the feeling of coziness that rare few songs manage.

This is one of my favorite songs, especially these days. Unlike with the previous one, I love the original, though Disturbed's version is great as well.

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
My MC is a... Mackled Malaclaw

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps
Doris Day

"If you can't make your mind up, we’ll never get started // And I don't wanna wind up being parted, broken-hearted."

Not only one of my favorites, but has special significance for me and one of my best girlfriends from a memory we have of passionately dancing together to this song about a decade ago now in our early twenties one silly night at a local gathering. We have been talking about getting the word tattooed on our right little fingers, our own little “pinky perhaps” promise, signifying the uncertainty and impermanence of life, but that we’ll always be specially connected spiritually throughout our lifetime(s). She got me a gift certificate for one of my recent birthdays for us to set up an appointment with the tattoo artist we have both used previously (all of hers have come from him actually, as well as one of mine) however that got pushed off initially for other reasons then 2020 became a thing. Soon enough! Perhaps ;)

Xoxo,
-Sin
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:09 pm

I'm totally into 80s music. When this one comes up on my iPod while driving, I ALWAYS crank it up and dramatically act it out. While at stop lights and paying attention to the road, of course...
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Return to E=MC Hammer