The Eagles...ARE HERE!

Moderators: Prof. Ryan Granger, Head Staff

The Eagles...ARE HERE!

Postby Anonymous » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:37 am

Greetings Eagles! Norbert and I have spent a great deal of time sorting through all of the nominations, counting ballots, and putting out fires. There are 27 awards being given out today. Let Ravenclaw Pride Month begin:

Up first is Best Mistaken IRC Identity. We had a four-way tie on this one. Congratulations go out to Matt Whisp, Mark Mandrake, Prof. Angelus Darklost, and Maya Winters for being the most confusing people in Ravenclaw.

Next we have Best Use of an Unforgivable Curse. This goes, without much surprise, to Prof. Angelus Darklost.

Let's next torment the Prefects with the Most Feared Prefect award. Scary as it may be, there was another four-way tie, with wins going to Kimaire Seloiro, Cassandra Lobiesk, Chloe Fairchilde, and Tinuvie Levante.

Now to be nice, we have the Best PenPal Sort of Person award going to three lovely ladies: Amethyst Dooley, Prof. Audiaa Martin, and Lavinia Liadon.

It appears that Prefects aren't the only special people around The Roost. There are also the House Ghosts to consider. And this year's winner of Best Ghost goes to Prof. Ulol Kimil.

On we go to Best Misuse of an Unidentified Potion going to none other than Prof. Angelus Darklost in what one can only hope as a mishap in his Advanced Herbology for Potions class.

While I'm thinking of it, we'd next like to acknowledge the artistic ones in Ravenclaw with the Best Special Effects Used in Banner Making award. This year's winners are Prof. Ulol Kimil and Hanabi Mitsu.

Up now is Best Dramatic Performance in an RPG, which, without dispute, goes to Icarus Nazca. That lad certainly knows how to build suspense.

On to something a little more fun, Norbert will be presenting the Best Use of Hex, Jinx, or Charm in Self-Defense award to two deserving gentlemen: Prof. Ulol Kimil and Remus Potter.

Apparently some of the Eagles around here have some tendencies to badger people. With that, one lady has been named the Best Badger-Napped. Everyone, say hello to the almost-Badger, Cassandra Lobiesk.

Let's now return to the Land of Muffins and look at who has the Best Use of Muffins in a Comedic Role. The winners are Marley O'Keefe and Amethyst Dooley.

Norbert just pointed out that there are a couple categories where people want to praise the excellent name selection that the Eagles seem to have. The winners for Best First Name are: Prof. Ulol Kimil, Leora Lobel, Kimaire Seloiro, Prof. Rhiannon Llewellyn, Sophronia Bradenton, and Tinuvie Levante. As for Best Last Name, the award goes to Waddle Neurotic and Alita Lavender.

I seem to recall that with such great names, come Pen Names. Which leads us to the authors of the Writer's Society and the Best FanFiction as Written by a Member of the Writer's Society. There are two well-deserving winners in this category: Aphrodite Griffinclaw for her excellent exposee on Prof. Rhiannon Llewellyn and Ryuichi Hyori for her interesting telling of Luna Lovegood and the platypus.

The Best Knowledge of LOTR seems to be shared between Padme Undomiel and Niniel Sanders. Congratulations for knowing all things Middle Earth, ladies.

It seems that the Eagles love to have their funny bone tickled. And this year's winner of the Best Comedic Performance award goes to Prof. Angelus Darklost.

As intelligent as Ravenclaw is, no Eagle can resist a challenge. To this end, we acknowledge the Best HOL Challenge Partner: Abigail Lupin. Now we know who everyone is going to ask the next go 'round.

That was quite inspiring, as are the winners of the Best Ability to Inspire Loyalty award winners. Let's all give a round of applause to Kimaire Seloiro and Matt Whisp.

FOUND!

Norbert has just brought me the latest edition of The Squibbler, and it appears there are a couple categories relating specifically to this newspaper. First, we would like to acknowledge the Best Co-Editor of The Squibbler: Cassandra Lobiesk. Additionally, we would like to say "Thank You" to this year's Best Emergency Article Writer for The Squibbler: Sophia Manasa. Excellent work, ladies.

Since the Eagles all seem to enjoy talking so much, it only seems right to next be handing out this next award. The Best Greeting in #hpgalleries goes to a trio of men who rightly deserve this one: Prof. Ulol Kimil, Prof. Angelus Darklost, and Mark Mandrake.

The typing skills of Ravenclaw are quite evident during any Quidditch match. However, it takes a special gift to have creative typos to liven up a game, whether on accident or on purpose. This year's Best Typo During a Quidditch Match award goes to Tinuvie Levante.

Nest up, we have a special category known as the Best Co-Host of MARS award. And this award rightfully is shared between Alley Kitten and Prof. Angelus Darklost.

Only four more categories to go now. Let's delve right into Most Feared Professors and see who is scaring up trouble around The Roost. And it looks like the winners are Prof. Ulol Kimil and Prof. Angelus Darklost.

It seems that the only way to reign in those Professors is to give the Prefects some special powers. This year's winners of the Best Use of Prefectly Power award goes to Chloe Fairchilde and Kimaire Seloiro.

I'm starting to get hungry here, which leads me to the Best Overuse of Muffins category. Sometimes an Eagle just goes too far with their muffins. This year, the top abusers are Leah Samson and Amethyst Dooley.

And lastly, we come to the most romantic award of them all: Best One-True Pairing. This year, there are three very deserving duos: Sophia Manasa and Maya Winters, Kimaire Seloiro and Matt Whisp, and Prof. Ulol Kimil and his Dark Mark cookies.

Well ladies and gentlemen, that takes care of this year's Eagles. Congratulations to one and all. Now give me one of those cookies....
Anonymous

Postby Prof. Rhiannon Llewellyn » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:39 am

*giggles* A most excellent list! Congratulations to all the winners! :lol:

(I am a wee bit curious about that Quidditch match typo, though ...) :wink:
Veritas et Scientia Praebeo ad Astra
Prof. Rhiannon Llewellyn
Ruler of the Universe

Postby Sophia Manasa » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:49 am

Wow! Great Job everyone! Especially, Profs Ulol and Darklost with a very impressive seven eagles each! And of course Kim with five! What a way to kick off Ravenclaw Pride Month. Congratulations everyone (and thanks, too)!

*passes round the the special eagles muffins*
Last edited by Sophia Manasa on Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sophia Manasa
My MC is a... Red Cap

Postby Prof. Ulol Kimil » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:01 am

o.O

Me and my Dark Mark Cookies are very thankful for all the votes we received :D
And conrgratulations to everybody!!!

Vita sine libris mort est
Prof. Ulol Kimil
My MC is a... Unicorn

Postby Prof. Angelus Darklost » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:36 pm

:lol:

Thank you, Charlie, for a fabulous job well-done. You too, Norbert. *pets the dragon*

This is quite an impressive list, I must say. *giggles* I love it...

And really? When have I *ever* misused an unidentifible potion? Oh wait...there was that ONE time...Hrm.

Congratulations to everyone on your wins...*applauds*

[[Oooo...and Charlie...did you get a copy of that typo by chance? I so wanna see it....]]
Prof. Angelus Darklost
My MC is a... Bicorn

Postby Sha Moseley » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:52 pm

Whoa... Fabulous list!

Woohoo Icarus! I voted for you...!! Way to go with drama to liven up the RP!! :D

Congrats to Sophia!!

And Maya....!!!!

Also to Ange & Prof Ulol (and his dark mark cookies, of course [which happen to be delicious])... :lol:

The Roost is such an awesome place thanks to all of you guys. Thanks a lot! This is officially my second life now.
"Even her dreams tell only one story; even asleep she wants miracles."
-'Till I Wake Your Ghost (lifeinwords)
Sha Moseley
My MC is a... Bowtruckle

Postby Prof. Maya Winters » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:02 pm

Congratulations everyone! A very interesting list of awards....quite curious as to how some of those came about though! Especially worried about why Nuvi's one of the most feared prefects o.O

XD

Anyway, congrats again everyone! Go eagles! <33333
Prof. Maya Winters
My MC is a... Unicorn

Postby Padmé Undómiel » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:53 pm

That is a really great list :lol:

Congratulations everyone! There was deffinately never any doubt about Icarus' award, and it is somehow not surprising that prof. Ulol and Angelus got so many each. :wink:

Isn't it wondeful to be in a house with so many different, amazing people?

Congratulations again!!

Thanks to the amazing Alisha at the Sig 'N Av Palace!
Padmé Undómiel
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Tinuvie Levante » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:54 pm

Prof. Rhiannon Llewellyn wrote:(I am a wee bit curious about that Quidditch match typo, though ...) :wink:

Me too, actually. ;D

Thank you so much for these splendid awards!

I'd also like to point out that Wattle Neurotic is named just that, not Waddle. ;)
Tinuvie Levante
My MC is a... Grindylow

Postby Remus Potter » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:19 pm

Wonderful job to all those who won an award :D :lol: :cool:
Created at the Sig 'N' Av Palace Hogsmeade
By Nic

Thirteen eaglets, and some are all grown up :(
Remus Potter
My MC is a... Bowtruckle

Postby Elavial Mirkwood » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:53 am

WOOOO!! Better than the Oscars ladies and gents!!

Congrats everyone!! Pleas except my flowers and cute wittle muffins!! I'm not that good in the kitchen but, I'd do just about anything for these people!

Love ya'll!!
Elavial Mirkwood
My MC is a... Merperson

Postby Hanabi Mitsu » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:08 am

:shock: No...way... Can't believe it... I didn't think anyone even knew I existed... And congratulations to all the others who won with their Ravenclaw-tastic-ness!
Hanabi Mitsu

Postby Lavinia Liadon » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:42 am

Oh wow, this truly is flattering! Thank you so very much for the lovely acknowledgment. The title Best PenPal Sort of Person is too cute and I am very flattered to share it with two other ladies, one of which is my writing guru and exceptionally good friend, Audiaa.

Congratulations everyone. Soar high EAGLES!
~ Lavinia Liadon ~
Lavinia Liadon
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Hari O'Duibhleargain » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:18 am

You know you haven't been around when 1) you don't know half the people mentioned in the funny awards and 2) with a name such as mine you didn't get any awards at all...;) hahaha. Wow.

Congrats to all y'all! Especially the people I know, simply because I know you XD (That would be most of the scary prefects and Prof. Darklost, by the by.) *hearts all around*
~Preppy!Hari~
//Queen of Bluebonnets//The 4th Sistah//
Hari O'Duibhleargain
Haha! My MC is bigger than yours!

Postby Icarus Nazca » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:06 pm

Oh, wow! Let me think...I'd like to thank my manager, and the makeup crew of course, and the tecchies, and...

(giggles) Kidding. This was a cute idea. I'm so happy I won one. (preens)

I wanna see the typo, too!

ic600 - Defying Gravity
Ravenclaw Champion 06*Muffin Master*Reserve Prefect
I Support House Unity!
Icarus Nazca
My MC is a... Porlock

Next

Return to Archive