Week One - Task #01. - "Hogwarts Express"

Moderator: PiTs

Week One - Task #01. - "Hogwarts Express"

Postby Aquaria Sandalwood » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:32 pm

Stepping onto the train at last, you feel a familiar rush of energy and excitement. It's been a great summer, but you can't wait to get to Hogwarts, see your friends, and start the new term, not to mention your growing curiosity for that ghost bride story you heard about.

You walk down the corridors of the train, peering into the compartments in search of your friends. You have so much to tell them about your vacation! Going through the events of your summer in your mind so you're ready to regale your friends with fantastic tales, you almost don't hear the voices coming out of the open door of the next compartment.

"I bet Peeves will be messing with the first years when they get there. I'm going to hide and watch so I can follow Peeves to the Haunted Hallway, I want to know if that story is really true!" declares a smug voice.

"You’d better not," a more timid voice answers. "I bet that story isn't even real, you'll just miss the feast and get in trouble."

"You don't need to follow Peeves," a self-assured third voice chimes in. "I know where it is. All we have to do is --"

You jump and spin around as someone taps on your shoulder. All this talk about ghosts and secret hallways has been getting to you, but it's only a group of students handing out flyers.

"Hey, you should consider joining our club this year! We're always looking for new members," a friendly looking student says with a smile.

"Thanks, I'll think about it!" you reply, looking at the flyer before tucking it away in your trunk.

As you turn back around, the door to the compartment you were just listening in on slides closed. No more eavesdropping for you!

Oh well, you think to yourself. If there's anything to that ghost-bride stuff, I'm sure I'll hear about it later.

Task:
Create a flyer that was handed to you by a student on the train, or describe it in at least 75 words. This can be for any club or school sanctioned group that may meet at Hogwarts, and can be in the books/movies or of your own creation. Some ideas of what the flyer should have on it are what club it is for, when and where they meet, any special instructions or things to bring to the club, how to sign up, etc., get creative! Post your flyer below, keeping in mind that any embedded images need to be a maximum of 600x600 pixels.

Alternatively, research a club or sport that you may find in a school and write about it in 100 words or more.

This task is worth 15 beans, with an additional 15 beans available if you finish all Week One tasks by the deadline, September 30, 11:59 pm (HOL time).
Aquaria Sandalwood
Prefect-in-Training

Re: Week One - Task #01. - "Hogwarts Express"

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:04 am

Canva isn't working for me at the moment, so I'll describe this...

My flyer would be for a jigsaw puzzle club, hosted by Ravenclaw. The flyer's background image would be a bunch of different colored puzzle pieces linked together, with one piece missing somewhere in the middle. My details would say that anyone is welcome, and that we would meet in the library at 7pm every Thursday. Students are welcome to bring their own puzzles, or we will have one large one that we will continue to work on together. The last thing on the poster would say 'bring a friend!'.
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Postby Kalgri Sicaria » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:47 pm

Kalgri Sicaria
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Penelope Friar » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:52 pm

Penelope Friar
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:26 pm

1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Rosemary Sharpe » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:08 pm

Rosemary Sharpe

Postby Maeve Madden » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:57 pm

The dark green flyer with silver letters that was handed to me describes the Slytherin Arcade Club. Though hosted by Slytherin, anyone is welcome to join, and you do so simply by coming to meetings. You can come and go as you please; once you join, you are not committed to going to every single meeting. Meetings are monthly in the Great Hall after dinner. After the information was given on the flyer, the silver letters transformed into an old-school Muggle arcade game station.
Maeve Madden
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Marianne Moony » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:03 am

Marianne Moony

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:01 am

Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Postby Holly David » Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:20 pm

Holly David

Postby Amy Smith » Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:07 pm

Rugby:

Rugby is a sport that can be found in various schools, universities, alike. It was founded in the 19 th CE and is known to be a very close contact sport, wherein they have to run with the ball in their hand, ensuring that it doesn't get taken by the opponent team. The game is known to take place for 60 minutes and a team normally has 15 players. All the players are given respective positions and these include the forwards, front row, second row, back row, back, half-back and full back. The people in the front rows usually consists of strong players. It is one of the sports that's played worldwide.
Amy Smith
Prefect

Postby Uma Daurka » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:20 pm

Uma Daurka
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Dawn Diya » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:21 am

Dawn Diya
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Janne Halla » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:30 pm

One of the clubs that you can find in a school is an Archery club. Everyone can play archery. It promotes the development of hand-eye coordination, strength, and muscular flexibility. Archery promotes self-control, respect, and discipline, which have a positive impact on students' attitudes, work habits, and other academic pursuits. Additionally, archery may greatly enhance students' feelings of accomplishment. Participation is open to young people of all abilities. If people offered it more, I think it would bring students to the sport that might not find themselves enjoying the more popular and active sports like football, basketball, or athletics. Archery's demanding too, just not the same way, of course.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Next

Return to Portraits of a Haunted Hallway