Week Three - Task #13. - “A Voiceless Conversation”

Moderator: PiTs

Week Three - Task #13. - “A Voiceless Conversation”

Postby Katherine Laurier » Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:20 pm

After meeting the four formidable founders of the Castle, which you still are in awe over, you walk along the Haunted Hallway to find the portrait of Helena Ravenclaw, daughter of one of the founders you had just been with. She was a witty, intelligent soul, always curious and reading books, truly setting what it meant to be part of the Ravenclaw house and bloodline.

However, as you attempt to make conversation to find out more and search for clues on what to do next, she does not reply. You find out that her portrait is non-speaking.

It's certainly a bit hard to speak with a non-speaking portrait, but you can try. Try to make conversation and interpret what she's saying back to you.

Task:
Solve this letter tiles puzzle to interpret what she's trying to say. Please send your solution in a private message to me, Katherine Laurier, and Prof. Sindor Aloyarc.

Alternatively, communicate with her through writing instead. Write a letter of at least 125 words to Helena Ravenclaw about your current adventure in the Haunted Hallway asking for her help in finding out more information on what to do next and/or asking for answers to questions about the hallway.

This task is worth 15 beans. If you submit all Week 3 tasks before the deadline, September 30, 11:59 PM, you can earn an additional 15 beans.
Katherine Laurier
Reserve Prefect

Re: Week Three - Task #13. - “A Voiceless Conversation”

Postby Katherine Laurier » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:01 am

Correct Solutions From:
Prof. Will Lestrange
Dibyarup James Potter
Dawn Diya
Scarlet Robloutain
Katherine Laurier
Reserve Prefect

Postby Janne Halla » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:43 am

My fair lady Helena Ravenclaw,

I find myself in a most perplexing situation and humbly seek your wisdom and guidance. Currently, I am on a perilous adventure within the Haunted Hallway, a place shrouded in mystery and fraught with spectral enigmas. As the guardian of Ravenclaw House, I believe you might hold the key to unlocking the secrets of this eerie corridor.

My quest has led me to this foreboding place, and I am confronted by riddles and apparitions that seem to be connected to the very essence of this school. I wonder if you possess any insights or knowledge regarding the Haunted Hallway, its history, or the purpose it serves within Hogwarts.

Lady Helena, if you possess any knowledge of the Haunted Hallway's origins, its purpose, or the way to navigate its perilous puzzles, I beg you to share it. I am overwhelmed by questions and uncertainties, and I fear for my very soul as I tread deeper into this spectral realm.

Please, aid me in unraveling the mysteries of the Haunted Hallway and shedding light on my path.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Uma Daurka » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:44 pm

Dear Helena Ravenclaw,

I am currently confined in this eerie and bewildering hallway, baffled by what may face me next. As Ravenclaw’s ghostly guardian, I urge you to consider aiding me in my journey of discovery. I believe, you may have the information nessacary for me to continue on my quest, and eventually prevail. In my pursuit for both an escape from this perilous corridor, and the key to saving the ghostly bride who walks these halls, weeping, I must receive all the help I can need. I hope that in the best interests of this mysteriously wonderful school, you posses information that can help me on my expedition. My odyssey over my time in this corridor has been treacherous and my mind is drowning in fears and agitation. So I beg for you to share anything that may help me, for I need answers before I tread further into this ghostly kingdom. I fear for the sanctity of my soul, my mind, and my corporeal form as I explore the darkest crevices of this Haunted Hallway.

I hope you find the kindness to aid me , Lady Helena, and thank you for reading my plea, no matter your decision.

I beseech you to help,
Uma Daurka.
Uma Daurka
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:23 pm

Note: I had actually submitted this letter within the task deadline, in a private message to Katherine Laurier, but now I see that others have posted their letters as a post reply, so here goes mine. :o

Dear Helena Ravenclaw,

I hope this letter finds you well, my name is Dibyarup James Potter, and I am a first year Gryffindor student. Just after meeting the awe-inspiring founders of Hogwarts, I find myself in the Haunted Hallway, where I came across your portrait. Your reputation for wisdom and curiosity certainly precedes you, and I had hoped to seek your guidance regarding a matter.

Recently, I have been exploring the castle to discover its secrets, but I'm a bit overwhelmed and puzzled by the mysteries of this hallway, which is full of hidden passages, secrets and clues. I think you might have the answers I need. I've heard tales of your wit and intelligence, and I'm sure you would be the perfect source of wisdom. However, I've noticed that your portrait is non-speaking, which makes our conversation rather one-sided. Nevertheless, I'm determined to make the most of it.

As I stand here, I wonder if there's any advice you could offer regarding what to do next, or any insights into the Haunted Hallway, or perhaps a riddle that might point me in the right direction. Your assistance would be invaluable on this journey, and I'm eager to learn from someone as esteemed as yourself. With the utmost respect and admiration, I remain,

Yours respectfully,
DIBYARUP J. POTTER
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Return to Portraits of a Haunted Hallway