Week Four - Task #14: “Maintaining Your Sightlines"

Moderators: Mia Fountain, Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Lex Green, Amy Smith, Anne-Marie Gagne

Week Four - Task #14: “Maintaining Your Sightlines"

Postby Mia Fountain » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:02 am

You are chasing after the snitch, and you remember your coach’s advice to maintain your sightlines. You try to keep your eye on the snitch, while it flies around. You have to move wherever it does whether that means you have to move up, down, left, or right.

Task:
Complete this skyscraper puzzle to make sure you are able to keep your eye on the snitch.

To complete this puzzle each line and column must have the numbers 1 to 4 (for our purposes each number will represent an obstacle blocking you), you cannot have any repeating numbers in any column or line. Each “obstacle” facing you will be of varying heights, the tallest will be a 4 while the shortest will be a 1. The number in the arrows along the side indicates how many “obstacles” you will see if you were facing in that direction. If the clue says 1, you know you will only see one “obstacle”, so you would write the number 4 in the square closest to that arrow.

Alternatively, make a comic with three or more panels where you are moving around chasing the snitch. Or write about chasing the snitch in 100 words or more.

If you choose to complete the puzzle, please send your completed puzzle by private message to Mia Fountain and Prof. Sindor Aloyarc. If you choose to complete one of the alternative task, please post it below or send in by private message to Mia Fountain and Prof. Sindor Aloyarc.

Completing this task will earn you 10 beans and sapphires. You can earn an additional 10 beans and sapphires if you complete all of the Week Four tasks. This task is due November 30 at 11:59 PM HOL time.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Re: Week Four - Task #14: “Maintaining Your Sightlines"

Postby Adeline Morior » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:58 am

As I was hovering over one of the field lines looking on at the chasers and dodging the bludgers, a sudden golden flash moved past me. I turned my head to my left to find our little golden snitch hovering in front of my nose, teasing me. I slowly raise my arm and then suddenly try to snatch it, only for it to move out of my reach like it was no effort at all.

It suddenly bolts forward as the opposing teams seeker heads our way. I immediately pick up speed after it, trying to stay ahead of my opponent while still keeping my eyes on the snitch as it can be so easy to lose it.

A few sharp turns, almost ramming into the ground, blowing off a few hats from the onlookers as we chase the snitch, passing them. I try to maintain my sightlines and horizon line as I spin and move. I finally grabbed the snitch at the wing, cutting my hand from the fast movement and accidentally letting it go again. I pulled my hand back close to my chest and braked mid air, nearly having my opponent ram right into me as they passed by.

We both looked around and realised the snitch is out of sight. We will wait for another opportunity during the match.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Re: Week Four - Task #14: “Maintaining Your Sightlines"

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:54 pm

Chasing that Snitch is like trying to grab a handful of quicksilver while riding a broomstick. I’m up there, wind whipping past, eyes glued to that tiny glint of gold playing hard to get. It’s not just a race; it's a wild, airborne scavenger hunt. The Snitch, cheeky as ever, zips left when I go right, shoots upward when I dive. The stadium's a blur, and the cheers blend with the rush of air as I navigate the dizzying pursuit.

It's a mind game, a dance in the sky where every twist and turn feels like a puzzle. The crowd's cheers become this distant symphony, and I’m lost in the thrill of the chase. That Snitch, my elusive golden quarry, becomes a partner in this wild sky waltz. And when I finally grab it, the cheers below erupt like a magical storm—a sweet victory that makes every twist and turn worth the ride.
Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Return to BBO 2023: Piercing the Nests