Week Four - Task #15. - "Moments to Remember"

Moderators: Mia Fountain, Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Lex Green, Amy Smith, Anne-Marie Gagne

Week Four - Task #15. - "Moments to Remember"

Postby Amy Smith » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:30 am

As the bludgers came to a stop and the snitch had been caught, the stadium erupted in cheers. It was the end of a long and intense quidditch match, one that had been filled with heart-stopping moments and incredible plays.

The air was electric as the players descended from their broomsticks and made their way back to the ground. Some looked triumphant, having played their best and led their team to victory. Others looked defeated, their hopes of winning dashed in the final moments of the game.

But despite the outcome, there was a sense of camaraderie that filled the air. Players from both teams shook hands and exchanged words of praise for a well-played game. Spectators hugged each other and high-fived strangers, united in the excitement of the sport.

As the stadium emptied out, the players left the field with a sense of accomplishment and pride. For in that moment, they had given everything they had and left it all on the field. They knew that they had truly experienced the magic of quidditch, and that no matter what happened next, they would always cherish that feeling of being part of something truly special.

Task:
Imagine you were one of the players playing the match, write about a core memory that may have occurred during the match in 150 words (this must be from your character's perspective).

Alternatively, In 100 words write about how you felt after the completion of the match. Any happy memories, shocking moments and so on.

You can earn 10 beans and sapphires by completing this task. Additionally, you can earn 10 more beans and sapphires, if you complete all the week one tasks. The task is due on November 30th, 11:59 PM HoL Time .
Amy Smith
Prefect

Re: Week 4 | Task #15 - "Moments to Remember"

Postby Janne Halla » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:25 pm

After the match, I felt relieved and hooped up on adrenaline, like I could still play for hours. No matter if we lost or won, the experience has been amazing!

Those bludgers were really pesky, I nearly got hit a couple of times, Wasps' Beaters were quite a force to reckon with.

A very shocking moment, in a positive way, was when I tried to do a Porskoff Ploy without agreeing with my fellow Chasers first. Luck would have it, that one of my teammates was right below me at the time, who caught the Quaffle and managed to get a score.

Overall, very positive experience and I hope we face off again soon!
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Re: Week Four - Task #15. - "Moments to Remember"

Postby Artemisia Thorne » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:04 am

The sun dipped low on the horizon as I soared through the brisk air on my trusty Nimbus 2000, adorned in the soft hues of the Appleby Arrows. Anticipation quickened my heartbeat as the Quaffle exchanged hands below me, yet my focus zeroed in on the fluttering glint of gold that danced near the edge of my vision.

Beside me, the opposing seeker, draped in the vibrant colours of the Wimbourne Wasps, matched my pace, both of us fixated on the same elusive prize. The stadium resounded with the fervent cheers of fans, a symphony of excitement that vibrated through my very core.

The Snitch veered towards the distant stands, and with a burst of speed, I pushed my Nimbus to its limits. The world blurred as I reached out, fingers desperate to make contact with the tiny evasive ball.

Time hung in suspension until, with a triumphant gasp, I felt the delicate flutter of wings against my fingertips. The crowd erupted into ecstatic cheers as I clutched the Golden Snitch in my hand, sealing our victory. The taste of triumph was sweet, a blend of adrenaline and sheer elation, as I revelled in the glory of capturing the wizarding world’s most elusive and coveted treasure.
"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Artemisia Thorne
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:10 pm

After the completion of the match, I just stood on the pitch with my broom, taking in everything around me. The cheering, the excitement, the joy and also the sadness among the players from my team the Wimbourne Wasps, the players from the Appleby Arrows as well as the supporters from both sides.

Then I noticed an Appleby Arrows Beater walk up to their other beater, and I immediately recalled the two instances when she had sent a bludger my way. I almost fell from my broom the first time but managed to dodge it using a Sloth Grip Roll, and the second time a bludger came at me diagonally at a 140-degree angle. As soon as it came within my peripheral vision, I made a split-second decision and ducked, so it went right over my head, but I could feel it in my hair, that one was pretty close.

But anyway, Quidditch is a rough game and bludgers and Beaters are an important part of it, so I walked over to them, shook their hands and left towards the locker room for a much-needed bath after such a competitive match.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Maeve Madden » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:35 pm

Wow, what a game! My blood was still pumping after the match, my body not yet realizing that the game was over. I would be extremely sore tomorrow. But it was all worth it, because I played my heart out and had a ton of fun doing it.

I looked over to my fellow Wasps, who I gathered felt the same as me. With smiles on our faces, we huddled together and started discussing the game. Voices rang on top of each other, everyone excited to share their favourite moments from the game.

“Wow, those Arrow beaters are so good! I was nearly hit by bludgers more times than I can count!”

“The snitch was not easy to track, it seemed particularly fast today.”

“Did you see when I saved the quaffle at the last minute? That was a great save, if I do say so myself.”

I listened to my teammates with pride filling in my chest. How lucky am I to be on the best quidditch team in the world!
Maeve Madden
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Adeline Morior » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:27 am

Once the match was over and everyone left to go celebrate and have fun, I remained seated on a bench in the quidditch team tent. I looked round the tent for the remainder of the match we just had. Brooms, kits, lockers, shoes. I turn and stare out the tent to the quidditch pitch.

It was a tough game and we worked together so well as a team. There were quite a lot of close calls and that one team member that almost ate a bludger. The crowds were cheering, music playing. The snitch was extra teasing around the players and the keepers defended their posts brilliantly on both sides.

What made this game feel so special above other games I wonder?

Perhaps because it was such a close call on the points, we all rallied together even stronger as a team. We had brilliant and formidable opponents that challenged us and helped us grow. I learned more from this match than any other and we are closer and stronger for it, as individuals, team members and friends beyond the field.

I hope we get to experience this again. Magical…

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Viviana Kingston » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:19 pm

The match was over and the atmosphere was electric! Congratulations was going around as I high-fived my teammates. Some fans and friends came barrelling towards us, lifting us into the air. Cheers erupted as someone suggested a midnight party to celebrate our success. I spied my fellow teammate and Keeper and sent a conspirators look their way. Our play had worked wonders. The most magical moment I felt was just after I hit a bludger away from hitting the chaser and they managed to throw the quaffle in, winning the match for us. The realisation we won had made all our hard work pay off and I couldn’t have been prouder.
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Evie Figg » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:33 pm

The crowd's cheering had begun to die down, and a cluster of people still remained in the stands, all moving in the direction of the way out. I know many of them will go on to live their everyday lives, thinking of this game as a mere form of entertainment for this particular day. I will not forget this day, however. It will forever linger in my bank of memories as a proud member of the Appleby Arrows. Our simple victory was not such reason as to why this match was unforgettable. Our team has had many victories, and this one felt no different. However, there was a moment in the air, a gust of wind had knocked me off my broom! I was free falling, down towards the ground, terrified. It was a second later that I felt myself being scooped up by someone on a broomstick. It wasn't a teammate, however... but a player on the opposing team. Although I would also do the same to any player on the field, no matter what team, it was the mere fact that it had happened to me, that I was truly grateful for the tremendous sportsmanship that quidditch holds.
Evie Figg
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Prof. Sirius Fudge » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:39 pm

It had been a very close match, the score lead passing on to the two teams several times in the match. Actually, I have no idea who won when the referee whistled loudly, signaling the end of the game. I could not see the score, thanks to my fog-filled glasses. I forgot to cast a spell on the glasses, only casted the spell so as not to lose the glasses when doing the roll maneuver.

But I would never forget the cheers from the crowd. It does not matter which team the cheers were for. The thrill of the cold wind, the changing colors of the sky, now nearing the orange hues of the late afternoon. Especially the proud smiles, the nods of approval from my teammates, the high fives, the shouts of encouragement (that no one hears but still matters). The assurance that you have your teammates with you, whatever the results of the game - that is unmatched.

Now, as I fly towards the rest of the team, what would it be? Did we win? Or we lost to a better team? It doesn't matter. Winning feelings or losing learning experience, the team would still eat the best steak at Hogsmeade after.

Sirius Fudge || si926 || Fifth Year || Hufflepuff
11.00" Birch and Ashwinder Ash
Prof. Sirius Fudge
My MC is a... Porlock

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:57 pm

After that match, I was buzzing with this mix of adrenaline and pure joy. We were up against it, trailing by a hair, and then bam, a Quaffle shot and a perfect Snitch grab. The crowd went ballistic, and so did we. High-fives, victory laps – it was this surreal, awesome haze. I remember this one crazy Bludger dodge that had the whole stadium gasping. But that final whistle, man, that's the soundtrack of victory. Happy faces, hugs, and the taste of a hard-earned win lingered. It's the stuff you replay in your head before drifting off with a grin.
Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Return to BBO 2023: Piercing the Nests