Week Two - Task #07. - "Move or Fall"

Moderators: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Prof. Alexander Brighton, Silvana Mandeville

Week Two - Task #07. - "Move or Fall"

Postby Adeline Morior » Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:40 am

As you enter the training room, you are taken aback by how empty it is. A massive room with nothing but floor, walls and windows. In the middle, the student you’ve gotten to know as Adeline Morior stands in wait for the group's arrival.

“Welcome everyone, please gather here with me in the middle of the room. My name is Adeline and I will be your physical agility trainer for the week.”

”Physical Agility? I thought we are training for dueling, not wasting time on fitness.” One of the students on the right complains.

It happened within a few seconds. Adeline elegantly waved her wand, muttered something and sent birds flying at a rapid speed towards the student. They managed to dodge two but got hit by the rest, knocking them completely over.

“If you had better agility and more stamina you could have side stepped the spell.” Adeline states with a straight face. The room becomes quiet.

”Dueling is about more than just throwing spells and winning. There are multiple parts, physical agility being one of them. You can only block so many spells, dodge so many things thrown at you before your stamina hits zero and you get knocked over. A duel is an elegant dance between opponents. You need to be aware of every move your opponent makes and the environment around you. Duels have taken place on impossible to balance terrains with creatures and objects constantly flying all around”

You look around the room again, thinking how is an empty room going to help?

”As a muggle so adequately stated, agility is defined as “a skill-related component of physical fitness that relates to the ability to rapidly change the position of the entire body in any given space with speed and accuracy.””

Adeline stops, looks at the student that complained earlier with a mischievous smile crossing her face.

”Now, I can either get some bludgers to chase you and see how well you adapt, or we can get this training started.” Adeline waves her wand.

The room suddenly shifts and changes, obstacles forming all around the sides of the room leaving only the middle untouched. An entire training room appeared out of nowhere.

”Who’s first?”

Task:
Practise your physical agility and stamina by going Here and collecting stars. Post your scores below. You need to have attempted at least three levels to receive full credit. (Attempted levels are blacked out). Show us by posting your score (any one of the level scores) and level screen below. Make sure your images do not exceed 600x600 Pixels.

Example: Score + Level:

Alternatively, share your opinion on stamina and agility training when it comes to dueling. 150 words or more. Do you think it is important or something to be skipped? What type of training would you recommend?

This task is worth 10 Beans/Sapphires and is due on March 30th before 11:59PM HOL time.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Re: Week Two - Task #07. - "Move or Fall"

Postby Rosalinda Malfoy » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:07 pm

Rosalinda Malfoy
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:02 pm

1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Lex Green » Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:44 pm

Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:55 pm

Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:06 am

Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Postby River Fenwick » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:05 pm

River Fenwick
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Postby Hiya Debnath » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:43 am

I think that stamina and agility training are very important when it comes to dueling training, whether magical or non-magical. As Adeline pointed out, a duel is an intricate dance between two opponents, throughout which good duelers calculate each other's moves and effectively dodge unexpected spells coming their way. Just like a Muggle fighter must be physically agile enough to be able to dodge a bullet, even if they are great at using a gun and shield, a magical dueler must be able to dodge a spell, even if they are great at casting spells. The same goes for fighting with swords, clubs, and any other weapons as well. One must know how to dodge blows, not just how to deal out attacks. A good dueler combines physical, mental, and magical stamina and agility. For this purpose, one must not only have a very active brain and quick reflexes but also a physically agile and swift body. While some people may naturally have quicker reflexes, it is merely a matter of training and habit. To develop agility, a variety of physical exercises are available, including plyometrics, side-to-side drills, and coordination exercises, and these can be really effective in helping duelers dodge their opponents' spells.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Doxy

Location: India, or wherever you can see me on the Marauders' Map.

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:25 pm

Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Postby Viviana Kingston » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:24 pm

- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Janne Halla » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:30 pm

Janne Halla
My MC is a... Jobberknoll

Return to RPM 2024: Dueling Club