Week Two - Task #05. - Humans

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Week Two - Task #05. - Humans

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:00 pm

The more I understand about the human race
the less I comprehend about our purpose and place, and maybe if there was a clearer line the curiosity would satisfy.

Saffron transports you to a place like so many books and movies have depicted as the future of earth, with a city of skybound, intricate architectural structures, and people going about their days in vehicles that fly far above the ground.

Less like a science fiction world might typically be described though, in that there is so much nature built into the atmosphere.

Or, you amend, so much atmosphere built into nature.

Beautiful communities are woven into the most enormous trees that go up for ages, with apartment complexes and shopping centers designed with extraordinarily open concepts.

And the water!

People at the ground level where you are who aren’t on foot are almost exclusively traveling by fantastical boats along riverways. Countless waterfalls spill over mountain ranges surrounding the city, which have also been carved with dazzling artistry to create spaces of both personal and professional delight for the population before you.

Wow, your eyes open wide, I’ve never seen so many people look so…

“Happy!” Saffron beams, their wild range of eyes welling up with something akin to pride you guess.

Misty eyed yourself taking in this boundless paradise, you risk tears of joy flooding down your cheeks while asking where you are.

“The Pleiades,” Saffron tells you.

A small gasp escapes as you take in the knowledge that you’re not on your home planet.

“These people live in the Pleiades?!” Your volume is relatively mute for how incredulous you sound.

A belly laugh comes in reply.

“Don’t forget your ideas of alien life are somewhat limited,” Saffron smirks, “And perhaps your idea of what makes someone a person. It’s no secret that humans often treat cats and dogs like other people, even if they’re still not accustomed to referring to them as such.”

You give the eyes along their collarbone an upward, sideways look, having still been keeping your own cast low.

“People,” Saffron illuminates, “are not exclusively human, as most of you tend to conceive. Any sentient persona can be considered a person, regardless of things like species or race, and many would argue sentience is immaterial.”

Sensible enough, you suppose, but are still flabbergasted to find humans living outside of earth as the angel elaborates.

“Non-earthborn humans hail from many areas, such as the constellations of Sirius and Orion, as well as here in the Pleiades star cluster. While similar to you genetically, they are typically known to be much more spiritually advanced.”

Hmph, you purse your lips, defensive. “If they’re so much better, why haven’t they come to help us?

Task:
Connect with the Pleiadean humans by sharing a minimum of 75 words creating your own unique Forum Posting around the Roost, OR respond to other thread(s) using a minimum of 150 words for all 15 beans/sapphires. If you choose to reply to other people’s topics rather than create your own, these can be done all at once in a single thread or across multiple places. Post link(s) below for us to keep track. (Posts backdated prior to this task cannot be counted. Must be a new Topic or Reply for credit)

Explore the following areas!
BIRD TO DIFFER (Debate Club)
BELOW THE BRANCHES (Discussion & Games Lounge)
E=MC HAMMER (Pop Culture)

Alternatively you may write a Research essay using 200 words or more to share something about the human species (past or present) you find to be particularly fascinating or noteworthy. There are so many different ways you could take this, so free to get creative!

This task is worth 15 beans/sapphires, with an additional 15 bonus beans/sapphires for completing all Week Two tasks by end of activity. Deadline is 11:59pm (HOL time) on Sunday July 28th.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—I’ll follow you into the dark."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Re: Week Two - Task #05. - Humans

Postby Galena May » Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:06 pm

Galena May for you, a first year witch student at Hogwarts. Say hi if you see me.
Galena May
My MC is a... Diricawl

Location: Of course, Ravenclaw Common Room, and Hogwarts Castle.

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:19 am

2nd Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Janne Halla » Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:52 am

Janne Halla
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby River Fenwick » Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:05 pm

River Fenwick
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Emily Spencer » Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:42 pm

“ Cissy, put the boys in the cellar! I'm going to have a conversation with this one, girl to girl.”-Bellatrix Lestrange
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:34 pm

"you are now my fourth favorite HOL person" -Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Anne-Marie Gagne
Prefect

Postby Evelin Stockom » Fri Jul 19, 2024 8:46 am

Magic, madam, is like wine, and if you are not used to it, it will make you drunk.
Evelin Stockom
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Harry Walles » Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:41 pm

Harry Walles
My MC is an... Ashwinder

Postby Lexa Winslow » Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:27 am

Second Year Slytherin
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -Albus Dumbledore
Lexa Winslow
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Adeline Morior » Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:16 am

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Prefect

Postby Ellie Vernez » Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:13 am

Ellie Vernez
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Lex Green » Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:49 pm

Lex Green
Prefect

Postby Ellie Vernez » Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:11 pm