What are your plans for this summer/winter holidays?

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

What are your plans for this summer/winter holidays?

Postby Adeline Morior » Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:03 am

It is that time of the year where we get to take a break from school work and just have fun.

I have a winter holiday this time of year where I am from and we love to either visit a nice warmer area or cozy up at home with some snacks, movies and games.

What are your plans? Be it summer or winter. Will you be visiting with family? Go to the beach? Cozy up at a nice cabin or home? What fun activities do you have planned? Tell us all about it! You can be in or out of character when doing so.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Prefect

Re: What are your plans for this summer/winter holidays?

Postby Galena May » Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:27 pm

For my summer holidays, I am planning to travel to some tropical beach spots, and get the much- needed breeze into my hair. I may also enjoy going to the mountains or a forest and really relax and/or enjoy my time in nature. I may also get myself a tattoo, I am longing for one, or maybe I will just straighten and/or dye my hair. I may go on a marathon read of one of my favorite book series, and watch some movies for fun.
Galena May for you, a first year witch student at Hogwarts. Say hi if you see me.
Galena May
My MC is a... Doxy

Location: Of course, Ravenclaw Common Room, and Hogwarts Castle.

Postby Prof. Felicia Hartwick » Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:34 pm

It's summer vacation for me, and so that means I work at our town's summer day camp for 5 weeks. Some folks at work think I'm crazy seeing that I work with kids all school year, and now I go right to the place some of the same kids are going to. But I'll be working in the Arts and Crafts booth... and I LOVE Arts and Crafts.

After that the family and I head out to Maine for a week at the beach.. and that's just what the plan is, no sightseeing... just finding a spot on the beach and watching the waves, listening to the gulls, and reading!

And through all of this, packing up the kitchen, dining room and the sunroom and moving out for a few weeks (months) while we have an addition added to the house. I think because of this I might have to make another trip to a beach.
Prof. Felicia Hartwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Katherine Laurier » Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:13 am

For summer, I'm looking forward to just completely relaxing. And my idea of relaxing is reading tons of books. :P Because of school, I haven't had much free time to start and finish the books I've been wanting to read, but I've been filling all my time recently with books now! Aside from that, I have a few plans with my family to travel to different places. ^_^
Katherine Laurier
Reserve Prefect

Postby Harry Walles » Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:40 pm

I do not have a lot of summer or winter plans. I think my life is still a bit too chaotic to be able to plan everything and have these things actually happen. I will have a rather busy year here in HOL with my OWLS happening in the upcoming year. I am a bit worried as to how this will look like and whether I will pass onto the next year.

In terms of planning in RL, we are going to Greece in September and so I have been looking for a pet sitter in the area to look after our cat when we are away. This seems to be a really hard task but I will not give up.

Christmas wise, I do not have anything planned yet but I am surely going to stay at home rather than going away. I am happy to see what the next months will bring.
Harry Walles
My MC is an... Ashwinder

Postby Louis Walles » Sun Jul 28, 2024 9:12 pm

In terms of my next months plans, I am mostly pet sitting and doing the typical 9-5. So to be honest not much different than any other time period for me as I am pretty much always juggling full time employment with managing my own business. I do have a few clients and wish to have more so I am doing business cards and planning to drop them around my neighbourhood as I know who has cats in the area.

As Harry said, we are going to Greece and so I have to organise a sitter for my ferret as they require much more than a regular pet sitter.

In HOL, well I will have an activity coming up soon in the Dungeons and we (as in Harry and I) want to perhaps have another fun activity in the HOL forum so I need to plan this whole thing up.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Bundimun

Return to Below the Branches