Your Most Favourite Christmas Dish

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Your Most Favourite Christmas Dish

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:36 pm

I have been a foodie for as long as I can remember. I loved to eat all the unique recipes my mother would learn from various cookbooks. She has cooked dishes from all over the world, and my father and I often used to get a history lesson regarding those dishes as well.

When I was 14, I cooked my first meal ever, I boiled eggs and made instant noodles to go along with it. It might seem very trivial now, but at that time, it gave me the confidence to cook on the stove, by lighting a flame myself, watching the raw food get cooked and not letting it burn.

Ever since then, I have cooked several dishes myself, and now at the age of 21, I feel like I am what they call a traditional self-taught home-chef who can run a small, local restaurant named after himself.

Now, when it is Christmastime, one dish that I simply cannot avoid making is Cream Cheese and Herb Stuffed Chicken. Christmas simply feels incomplete without this dish. I like to pair it with any good red wine.

So with all that said, I would like to know what is YOUR favourite Christmas dish, something that you just cannot do without during Christmas.

Also, I would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, in advance!
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Diricawl

Re: Your Most Favourite Christmas Dish

Postby Evie Figg » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:15 pm

It just simply isn't Christmas without egg nog! I know it isn't a "dish" per say, however it is my favourite holiday treat and the holiday season just does not feel the same without it!
Evie Figg
My MC is a... Ramora

Re: Your Most Favourite Christmas Dish

Postby Adeline Morior » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:22 pm

Christmas time is a time of baking and cookies for us at home. If there is no cookies/biscuits or baking then it doesn't feel like Christmas. Baking warms a home tremendously and is, in my opinion, very important.

Happy Holidays to everyone as well.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Return to Below the Branches