1000 Things we learned from games

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

1000 Things we learned from games

Postby Adeline Morior » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:06 am

It's simple. Post things you learned from games. It can be video games, board games or even card games.

I will start the first two with examples:

Person one:

1. What I learned from Assassins Creed - "Nothing is true, Everything is permitted."

Next Person:

2. What I learned from Far Cry - Look both ways before crossing a road **Face Palm** :lol:

Your turn :)

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Re: 1000 Things we learned from games

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:55 pm

One thing I've learned while playing Dungeons and Dragons is that under pressure (like in a big fight that the party is in) I absolutely forget simple mathematics and must have a calculator on hand ALWAYS. I can do equations all I want for fun but once the pressure is on, my brain forgot what 8+6 is an unfortunate amount of times.
Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby Adeline Morior » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:40 pm

Nice and so true for me as well.

What I learned from Valheim - Pay attention in the forest, a troll might sneak up on you. They are sneaky like that!

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Viviana Kingston » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:09 am

What I learnt from the Legend of Zelda - even the people who feel they’re the most mundane are capable of extraordinary things
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Adeline Morior » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:32 am

Very nice

What I learned from Don't Starve - Charlie will miss you

Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:17 am

What I learned from Ezio Auditore, in Assassin's Creed: Life is not always fair, and unless you make the best of what you get, your existence will be meaningless and you will never be able to see better days.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Hiya Debnath » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:37 pm

What I learned from playing "Town of Salem" was that the person who talks the most and tries too hard to sound convincing, is actually the person who is lying. To provide context for those who don't play the game, it is a role-playing and strategy game like Mafia, in which the villagers in the town of Salem go to sleep every night, while those on the evil team, which may be one of the four Mafia roles in the game, or the solo evil role, which may be a werewolf, a serial killer, or an arsonist, go out to kill one or more of the villagers according to the abilities of their role. Some villagers have special abilities which they can perform by staying awake during the night phase. During the day phase, the players discuss among themselves and attempt to eliminate the evils by lynching. The evils must use deceit and lying to cover up their roles and pretend to be normal villagers. If all the evils are successfully lynched, the villagers' team wins. If the evils survive up to the point that there are no villagers or opposing evils' factions (such as werewolf vs. mafia) left, the surviving evil team wins.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Doxy

Location: India, or wherever you can see me on the Marauders' Map.

Return to Below the Branches