June Music Recommendation - David Bowie

All Things Pop Culture

Moderators: Lex Green, Aquaria Sandalwood, Rose Dove, Ravenclaw Staff

June Music Recommendation - David Bowie

Postby Lex Green » Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:22 am

This is David Bowie, our choice of music recommendation for June!

David Bowie is an English pop-rock artist, who released over 26 studio albums in his lifetime. He is another very influential performer, whose work greatly impacted the social climate of the time, and his influence is still seen in the music industry today.

If you want to give his work a listen, you could start with some of his biggest hits, like 'Starman,' 'Heroes' or 'Moonage Daydream.'

Feel free to use this thread to share your thoughts about Bowie's music (as long as you do so in a respectful way) - did you enjoy his music? Will you be listening to more? Was there another song you listened to by him that you enjoyed?
Lex Green
Prefect

Re: June Music Recommendation - David Bowie

Postby Florence Contelli » Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:18 pm

I was already familiar with the music of David Bowie. I like his music but for me it's mot my favourite singer. I would describe his music as dreamy, melancholic and alien-like. He is a very mysterious person.

I have an achievement of my school years during I was in the theatre club. We made a space teamed show with the group and the intro was "Space Oddity" by David Bowie. Now I realise, how it fitted in that situation.
Florence Contelli
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Return to E=MC Hammer