Nostalgic Foods

All Things Pop Culture

Moderators: Lex Green, Aquaria Sandalwood, Rose Dove, Ravenclaw Staff

Nostalgic Foods

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:43 am

Junk food has been a weird staple through the years and within the last few decades some amazing snacks, drinks, etc have come and gone. I recently saw in thew news that one of the super back-in-the-day snacks Dunkaroos were making a come back and it got me thinking, do you have any snacks or foods that aren't made anymore that you miss?

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
My MC is a... Knarl

Re: Nostalgic Foods

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:17 pm

I was never the biggest Pop Tart person (I liked them, but I have to be in the mood and typically only like —truth be told, I do love these ones really— Cinnamon Brown Sugar or Unfrosted Strawberry) buuuuut there was a period of time where they released a “French Toast” option that has mostly been discontinued since all those years ago. I think has been released as a speciality or seasonal thing once or twice since, or somehow people have managed to get their hands on some. The only time I’ve seen them since they stopped making them where I live in New England was at a store in Canada when a ballet company I was dancing with took the show we were doing (Giselle) to St. John New Brunswick and we stopped at some huge food store along the way where they happened to have some! It blew my mind, cause these were some of my all time favorites and I can’t believe they haven’t just been part of the regular lineup ever since. Maybe they didn’t sell well, but I couldn’t get enough. #obsessed!

Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Re: Nostalgic Foods

Postby Charlie Spencer » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:57 am

When I was very young, my mom would pack a Danimals Smoothie in my lunch box. Specifically, 'Swingin' Strawberry Banana' flavor. I have the vaguest memory of spilling one on myself in pre-school and being rather upset about it. Looking back, it had the weirdest texture and flavor, something only a little kid could look over because it had enough sugar in it. I also remember it being advertised on kid's TV channels a lot. I haven't seen them in stores since, but I'm pretty sure they're still made.

Charlie Spencer
My MC is a... Augurey

Return to E=MC Hammer