June 2021 Monthly Theme Song

All Things Pop Culture

Moderators: Lex Green, Aquaria Sandalwood, Rose Dove, Ravenclaw Staff

June 2021 Monthly Theme Song

Postby Gail Allen » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:52 pm

The last month of term! It's amazing how time flies and thinking about that makes me oddly nostalgic.
And it makes me think about the music of my childhood. Some of it was new at the time, some of it was the favourite music of my parents, but no matter what, it made up the soundtrack of my childhood.

For this month I would love to hear some of the songs that are on your childhood soundtrack.
Share a favourite or two below!

(If anyone wants a guide on how to embed videos, it can be found here )
Gail Allen
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Re: June 2021 Monthly Theme Song

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:53 am

I’m Sensitive
Jewel

"I was thinking that I might fly today // Just to disprove all the things that you say // It doesn't take a talent to be mean // Your words can crush things that are unseen // So, please be careful with me // I'm sensitive and I'd like to stay that way"

My sister had this CD when I was a little kid. I used to go into her room and ask her to play it for me all the time. At one point or another she wound up just giving the thing to me. Jewel is still one of my favorite artists to date (not that I'm much for actively seeking out music in general, but I sure did geek out when I saw her on The Voice recently!!), and especially looking back on my earliest years of getting more interested in music. The "Pieces of You" album was my very first 'favorite' album. To this day it remains among the top of my list when it comes to most influential. This song in the lot really spoke to me at the time. I've always been a sensitive soul, and when I first heard this was one of the years I experienced the widest and deepest emotions as a very young person who was realizing that not everybody understood how intensely I was feeling the words and actions around me, and how confused I was being a sensitive/melodramatic young boy who hung out with girls and went to dance classes and performed in musical theatre. Listening to this song/album still makes me so incredibly happy every time I hear it!

Xoxo,
-Sin
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Re: June 2021 Monthly Theme Song

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:28 am

Standing Outside the Fire - Garth Brooks
"Life is not tried is it merely survived, if you're standing outside the fire."

When I was little, our living room had a 6-CD disc changer stereo against the wall closest to the kitchen. When my mom and I would clean or she was cooking dinner, we'd often play the stereo and dance. Not surprising to many of you, I would get distracted and make up my own dance routines instead of helping her much of the time. This is one of those songs that brings back memories of my dance routine. It's also just a motivational and catchy song. If you like country, of course...
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Return to E=MC Hammer