August Music Recommendation - The Beatles

All Things Pop Culture

Moderators: Lex Green, Aquaria Sandalwood, Rose Dove, Ravenclaw Staff

August Music Recommendation - The Beatles

Postby Lex Green » Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:40 pm

Here we have The Beatles, our music recommendation for August!

The Beatles are an English rock band formed in Liverpool in the 1960s, made up of four members, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. I have no doubt that the majority of us are already familiar with the band's existence, as they are one of the most famous bands of all time, and set a wide variety of global records in their career, however, not everyone will have stopped to actually listen to some of their music.

If you haven't heard any of The Beatles' music before, you could start with some of their biggest hits like 'Yesterday,' or if you want to try something with more intriguing title, maybe look at 'Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey.'

Feel free to use this thread to share your thoughts about The Beatles' music (as long as you do so in a respectful way) - did you enjoy their music? Will you be listening to more? Was there another song you listened to by them that you enjoyed?
Lex Green
Prefect

Re: August Music Recommendation - The Beatles

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:57 pm

I've been a fan of The Beatles since I was a child. Grew up listening to them because of my mom. I did a report on Sir Paul McCartney in high school haha. I've listened to so much of their music (as a band and their solo stuff later) that I can't really name one song as my favorite of theirs. "Yellow Submarine", "Let It Be", and "Eleanor Rigby" are up there for sure though.

Also their movies are corny as heck but I adore them so much as well. Big Time Rush had a movie that had them cover a lot of their songs in it that I loved.

Across the Universe is a musical that the director made using their songs! That is one of my absolute favorite movies. That version of "Let It Be" by Carol Woods and Timothy T. Mitchum is heartbreaking but so, so good. I actually prefer it over the original.

"you are now my fourth favorite HOL person" -Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Anne-Marie Gagne
Prefect

Return to E=MC Hammer