Task 8: The Fortress

Task 8: The Fortress

Postby Mia Fountain » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:33 pm

Since Sandmen are at least partly made of sand, I think they might have a sand fortress nearby, draw or describe this sand fortress in 50 words or more. Does it have a moat? How many sentries are there, where are they posted? Are there any towers? How defensible is it? Does it have any visible weaknesses?

Due December 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm HOL time.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Re: Task 8: The Fortress

Postby Iverian Gnash » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:49 pm

The castle is a sandcastle with a crystal clear blue mote around it. The moat had one small bridge to get across to and a sentry is guarding it at the castle entrance. On the castle is a large door that swings down like a drawbridge to let sandmen in and out of the castle. There are two towers to keep watch from at opposite corners of the tower.

Iverian Gnash
My MC is a... Ghoul

Re: Task 8: The Fortress

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:56 pm

The sandmen are rather clever, and have partially hidden their fortress within a natural fortress of granite boulders and backed into a shallow cave in the hugeness of the granite rock. That way no one can approach them from the rear and prevailing winds would have a lesser chance of blowing away the structure of their walls.
No moat is needed, but they do have some deadfalls located here and there. The entrance is of a narrow space between huge granite boulders. Mostly the 'castle' is of one floor, with only a couple of higher turrets sticking up at either side of the entry to watch out for intruders.
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Re'em

Return to Winter In The Sand