Week Two - Task #06. - “Scavenging for Scribner”

Moderator: PiTs

Week Two - Task #06. - “Scavenging for Scribner”

Postby Rose Dove » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:35 pm

Agnes Scribner was one of Hogwarts’ previous head librarians. Her portrait is in the library of course. Anytime a student who is involved in helping the ghost bride passes by the library, they are transported to the restricted section of the library. Ms. Scribner wants to know what is happening with the great mystery. She has very specific items that she is interested in and wants you to find them and photograph them. Then she wants you to come back to share the photos with her.

Task:
Find all of the items on the list (in real life or pictures from the internet) and take screenshots of them to show Ms. Scribner for her approval.
Ms. Scribner’s List:
1. Jack-o-lantern
2. Bride or wedding magazine
3. Haunted room or house
4. Spider web (with or without captured bugs)
5. Book about All Saints Eve or All Saints Day

As an alternative, you can write a description of the items and Ms. Scribner’s reactions to each in at least 100 words or more. Also, please remember to keep your pictures within the size of 600x600 pixels per HOL guidelines.

To submit your photographs, please post them below in this thread. For the alternative option, you may post that below as well or submit it in a PM to me (Rose Dove) and Prof. Sindor Aloyarc. If you submit this task, you will receive 15 beans. If you submit all of the Week Two tasks, you will receive an additional 15 beans. Everything will be due by the end of September, on September 30th at 11:59pm HOL time.
Rose Dove
Prefect-in-Training

Re: Week Two - Task #06. - “Scavenging for Scribner”

Postby Amy Smith » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:11 am

Amy Smith
My MC is a... Grindylow

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:07 am

2nd Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Penelope Friar » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:46 pm

Penelope Friar
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:12 am

Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Head Prefect

Postby Uma Daurka » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:33 pm

Uma Daurka
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Janne Halla » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:06 am

Janne Halla
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Dawn Diya » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:36 pm

Dawn Diya

Postby Ellie Vernez » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:33 pm

Ellie Vernez
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Alexandra Rosier » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:19 am

The bride's wedding dress, a true embodiment of vintage elegance, held my gaze with its timeless allure. It was a vision of craftsmanship and artistry from a bygone era.

The gown was fashioned from the purest ivory lace, its fabric whispering secrets of romanticism and tradition. The intricate lacework seemed to be spun from dreams, with delicate floral motifs woven into the fabric. They cascaded gracefully down the bodice and skirt, forming a breathtaking tapestry of natural beauty. The lace was so delicate that it appeared to be ethereal itself, as if it were spun from moonlight and starlight.

The bodice was a work of sheer refinement, hugging the bride's slender figure in a way that accentuated her graceful form. The lace, with its gentle scalloped edges, framed her décolletage elegantly. Long, sheer lace sleeves extended from the shoulders, draping down to her wrists like gossamer wings. Each sleeve bore a pattern of lace that resembled intricate, winding vines, adding a touch of enchantment to the overall design.

The skirt of the dress was nothing short of a masterpiece. Layers of lace flowed from the cinched waist, creating a voluminous silhouette that billowed gently around her like a soft cloud. The lace extended into a breathtaking train that trailed behind her with ethereal grace, leaving a delicate impression on the polished wooden floor of the dressing room.

A satin sash, adorned with a delicate bow at the back, cinched her waist, providing a subtle contrast to the ivory lace. The sash shimmered softly, adding a touch of understated glamour to the ensemble.

As I continued to admire the dress, I couldn't help but marvel at the intricate details that made it a work of art. It was a gown that transcended time, a testament to the enduring beauty of vintage bridal couture. The bride, although caught in a ghostly moment, radiated an otherworldly beauty that was as captivating as any living bride on her wedding day.
Alexandra Rosier

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:36 pm

Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Return to Portraits of a Haunted Hallway