Week Two - Task #05. - “Ghostly Dress Rehearsal”

Moderator: PiTs

Week Two - Task #05. - “Ghostly Dress Rehearsal”

Postby Adeline Morior » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:29 am

As you wander through the halls in thought, something suddenly moves right through you and into a painting hanging on your left. You stop in front of it and notice a vintage looking dressing room in the painting. You reach out to touch it and suddenly find yourself in a dressing room that looks just like the one in the painting. You look around to find what looks like a ghostly bride panicking in the corner. “Does my dress look okay? It needs to be perfect for the day.” She seems in trance or some memory loss moment, thinking her wedding is today. Poor thing. You decide to calm her by playing along and having a good long look.

Task:
Follow this link here, and assist the bride with her dress. Show us by posting your image below. Please keep your image size 600x600 pixels when posting.

Alternatively write a descriptive piece in 100 words or more on either what the bride's dress would look like or what the dressing room would look like.

This task is worth 15 Beans. Deadline is 11:59pm (HOL Time) on Saturday September 30th.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Re: Week Two - Task #05. - “Ghostly Dress Rehearsal”

Postby Amy Smith » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:05 pm

Amy Smith
Prefect

Postby Janne Halla » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:18 pm

If anyone gets the completely blackened-out game, it happened to me when I wanted to change the eyes. Might be just my bug. :)
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:02 am

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:02 am

1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Penelope Friar » Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:10 pm

Penelope Friar
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:34 am

Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Postby Uma Daurka » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:21 pm

Uma Daurka
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Dawn Diya » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:00 am

The dress was beautiful. It was made out of silk and looked so soft. The color of the dress was off-white, and had an almost tan tint to it. The sleeves were trimmed short with thick pieces of lace, which met in the V of the dress's top. There was a layer of soft mesh with floral designs sewn in white thread over the lower half of the dress. The bride paired this dress with gloves that went to her elbow. As if this outfit wasn't beautiful enough, her hair was carefully curled in a way that let it bounce off her shoulder. There were small rose barrettes pinned in her hair and she wore a short see-through veil.
Dawn Diya

Postby Ellie Vernez » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:11 pm

Ellie Vernez
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Alexandra Rosier » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:17 am

The bride's wedding dress, a true embodiment of vintage elegance, held my gaze with its timeless allure. It was a vision of craftsmanship and artistry from a bygone era.

The gown was fashioned from the purest ivory lace, its fabric whispering secrets of romanticism and tradition. The intricate lacework seemed to be spun from dreams, with delicate floral motifs woven into the fabric. They cascaded gracefully down the bodice and skirt, forming a breathtaking tapestry of natural beauty. The lace was so delicate that it appeared to be ethereal itself, as if it were spun from moonlight and starlight.

The bodice was a work of sheer refinement, hugging the bride's slender figure in a way that accentuated her graceful form. The lace, with its gentle scalloped edges, framed her décolletage elegantly. Long, sheer lace sleeves extended from the shoulders, draping down to her wrists like gossamer wings. Each sleeve bore a pattern of lace that resembled intricate, winding vines, adding a touch of enchantment to the overall design.

The skirt of the dress was nothing short of a masterpiece. Layers of lace flowed from the cinched waist, creating a voluminous silhouette that billowed gently around her like a soft cloud. The lace extended into a breathtaking train that trailed behind her with ethereal grace, leaving a delicate impression on the polished wooden floor of the dressing room.

A satin sash, adorned with a delicate bow at the back, cinched her waist, providing a subtle contrast to the ivory lace. The sash shimmered softly, adding a touch of understated glamour to the ensemble.

As I continued to admire the dress, I couldn't help but marvel at the intricate details that made it a work of art. It was a gown that transcended time, a testament to the enduring beauty of vintage bridal couture. The bride, although caught in a ghostly moment, radiated an otherworldly beauty that was as captivating as any living bride on her wedding day.
Alexandra Rosier

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:06 pm

Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Return to Portraits of a Haunted Hallway