Week Three - Task #12. - “Founder’s Finders”

Moderator: PiTs

Week Three - Task #12. - “Founder’s Finders”

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:12 am

Each of the Hogwarts founders is curious about what has been happening with this ghostly story. They (*their portraits) have been trying to follow along as best as they can. However, they are only able to hear bits and pieces from students as they walk by their portraits and talk about it. You are transported to the past version of each common room to talk with the founder of each house in person and show them pictures of the present mystery.

Task:
Take 4 pictures to show each of the founders to update them on the ongoing mystery. They can be anything from bridal/wedding photos to anything that is considered ghostly or any combination of such photos. Please provide a brief description (around 25-50 words) for each picture explaining why you chose it for this task. Also, please remember to keep your pictures within the size of 600x600 pixels per HOL guidelines.

As an alternative, you can write a description about the pictures that you would find to share with our formidable founders in at least 100 words or more.

To submit your photographs and descriptions, please post them below in this thread. For the alternative option, you may post that below as well or submit it in a PM to Rose Dove (I am posting the task for her since she's not able to at this time) and Prof. Sindor Aloyarc. If you submit this task, you will receive 15 beans. If you submit all of the Week Three tasks, you will receive an additional 15 beans. Everything will be due by the end of September, on September 30th at 11:59pm HOL time.
Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Re: Week Three - Task #12. - “Founder’s Finders”

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:45 pm

The Amityville Horror House is an infamous suburban residence located in Amityville, New York. It gained notoriety in the 1970s due to chilling reports of paranormal activity and a gruesome mass murder that occurred there. This unsettling history has made it an enduring icon in the realm of haunted houses.

The Bloody Mary is an urban legend where a young woman, chants "Bloody Mary" multiple times (three or even thirteen according to some sources) while facing a mirror in a dark room with a dimly lit candle in the hopes of being able to see her future husband. However, it's believed that sometimes the ghostly apparition of Bloody Mary may appear, and the woman chanting her name might have to endure a lot of horrific experiences due to the same.

La Llorona, also known as "The Crying Woman" or "The Wailer," is a vengeful ghost in Mexican folklore. She mourns her children whom she drowned herself, driven by jealousy upon discovering her husband's infidelity. It serves as a cautionary tale for children, warning them not to wander alone near bodies of water in the dark, as her cries are said to be heard while she roams, seeking to deter them from wandering too close.

The image reads "Naale Baa" on a door, translating to "come tomorrow" in Kannada, a widespread folk legend in Karnataka, India. Villagers use it to repel malevolent spirits and witches at night, safeguarding their homes. Variations include a bridal ghost seeking her husband, believed to bring misfortune by taking away the family's sole breadwinner. Comparable legends are also found in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Janne Halla » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:41 am

I'm really disoriented from all the spookiness and traveling to past memories. I did manage to produce some photos and sketches to ask the founders for help.

First is an ink sketch of the missing bride. Her dress is torn and there are dark spots and blots all over the dress. Her face is obscured by a veil and her hands are bound by thorny vines.

The second photo is that of an empty and seemingly disused Quidditch field. There's thick fog rolling down its grass and if one holds the photo to their ear, they can hear faint screaming. Screams of delight or horror, it's hard to definitely say.

The third photo is that of Barnabas the Barmy trying to teach trolls ballet. But instead of a humorous scene, it depicts trolls clobbering the wizard over the head if you move the photo just right.

The last photo is of Peeves, on whom I still blame this whole thing and who is my main suspect. He is cackling while juggling particularly small first years, whose faces are filled with terror.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Uma Daurka » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:23 pm

This is a portrait of Peeves the Poltergeist, whom I’m certain is behind the mayhem in the Haunted Hallway. His evil cackle, from when he terrorised me and my friends as first years, still haunts me.
This is a portrait, supposedly painted of the ghost bride, whom I am attempting to find and help. Legend has it, that she roams in this hallway, still crying over her failed marriage (all because of Peeves).
This is a picture taken of the ghosts of the knights of Arthurs Round Table. Whilst on my mission to escape the hallway (and hopefully save the bride), I came across Sir Cadogan, the brave knight who fought, victoriously, against the Wyvern of Wye.
This is a picture I have taken of the mischief and mayhem Peeves has brought. I came across him whilst in the hallway, and to make my escape, I played a game of match the potion, as he hurled bottles at me and I was tasked to match them.
Uma Daurka
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Return to Portraits of a Haunted Hallway