Task 4: Visiting the pumpkin patch

Moderator: Mia Fountain

Task 4: Visiting the pumpkin patch

Postby Mia Fountain » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:27 pm

You’ve decided to pick out some of the pumpkins that will decorate the Great Hall and the Entrance Hall. You see a variety of different sizes and shapes of pumpkins in the patch. Complete the skyscrapers puzzle below to choose the pumpkins in the sizes you want. Or decorate the pumpkin by showing how you might carve it or what embellishments you may add to it by colouring one of the pictures below.

Skyscraper puzzle

In a skyscraper puzzle you will see some numbers around the grid, the numbers represent the number of skyscrapers you would see if you looked in that direction. In a 4x4 grid if you see a 1 you would only see the highest skyscraper. This is a 4x4 puzzle so you will place the numbers 1 to 4 in each row and column, you cannot have the same number more than once in each row or column.

Pumpkin colouring images:

If you choose to complete the puzzle, send your completed puzzle to me. If you choose to colour the picture, post it below. Remember to keep any images 600x600 or smaller. Complete this task by October 31st at 11:59 pm HOL time to earn 10 beans.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Re: Task 4: Visiting the pumpkin patch

Postby Adeline Morior » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:47 pm

I Love the look of pumpkins as is or with scary face. I would add some nice lighting behind it to make it glow.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:21 pm

Stick around for the glowing animation.

Enchantments and Embellishments:

1. I decided to carve the lantern such that it has a scary face with visible teeth-like structures.
    2. I have put a fire enchantment on the jack-o'-lantern so that it looks like it is on fire and adds an additional layer of sinisterness to it.
    3. The jack-o'-lantern is also enchanted from the inside so that it glows from within.
    4. I have also put a small bat on top of the lantern to add some more spookiness to it.

Imgur Gallery Link

Imgur Direct Link
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Clabbert

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:13 pm

Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Return to The Fall Committee