Task 11:Telling Scary Stories

Moderator: Mia Fountain

Task 11:Telling Scary Stories

Postby Mia Fountain » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:36 am

Everyone has been asked to share a scary story around the bonfire. Did you have a run in with a scary person, creature, or being? Were you out in the Forbidden forest or swimming in the Black lake? Or did you experience a scary event?

Tell us your scary story in 100 words or more below. Alternatively, you can draw a picture of a creature that scares you.

Post your story or image below by October 31st at 11:59 pm HOL time to earn 10 beans. Remember to keep any stories or images G-rated. Images should be 600x600 px or less.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Re: Task 11:Telling Scary Stories

Postby Janne Halla » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:28 am

It was a moonless night, and a group of Gryffindors decided to challenge themselves by swimming in the ominous Black Lake. The water was like liquid darkness, reflecting nothing but the cold glint of the stars above.

As they ventured deeper into the inky abyss, their laughter faded into nervous whispers. Strange ripples broke the surface, and eerie whispers carried on the breeze, even though they knew they were the only ones out there. The Black Lake seemed to come alive, and not in a friendly way.

Suddenly, a colossal shadow loomed beneath them. Panic gripped their hearts as the monstrous form of the Giant Squid emerged, its enormous tentacles snaking toward the group. It was a horrifying sight, and their screams echoed across the lake.

Frantically, they swam for the shore, adrenaline fueling their rather desperate strokes. The Squid's tentacles brushed against their legs, and they could feel the suction cups clinging to their skin.

They managed to reach the safety of the land just in time before being pulled beneath the water.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:30 pm

One evening I decided to venture into the Forbidden Forest, armed with only a dimly lit wand.

As I walked beneath the towering trees, a deafening silence surrounded me, broken only by the eerie rustle of leaves and distant, echoing calls of unknown creatures. The air grew heavy with foreboding as I came upon a glade bathed in pale moonlight.

Suddenly, a pair of bright, unblinking eyes emerged from the darkness. They belonged to a massive and majestic Thestral, a creature that only revealed itself to those who had witnessed death. My heart raced as the creature moved closer, its presence both terrifying and strangely mesmerising.

With each step, the Thestral seemed to emit an aura of wisdom, and I could almost sense its ability to understand my thoughts and feelings. Then I decided it was time to make my way back to the safety of Hogwarts. Approaching the gentle creature carefully, I extended a hand, allowing it to nuzzle my palm. It seemed to understand my intention and knelt down, making it easier for me to climb onto its back.

Returning to safety, I thought back on the initial fear I felt upon encountering the thestral and how my perception had completely shifted, realising that the thestral was, in fact, a gentle and kind creature.
Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Postby Amy Smith » Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:54 am

As I settled down by the flickering flames of the bonfire, my heart began to race. Everyone around me was sharing their spine-chilling stories, and it was my turn to narrate mine. My experience was not just limited to encountering a scary person or creature but something entirely different and haunting. I shuddered at the thought of the nightmare that I had gone through.

It happened during my solo camping trip last summer in the heart of the forest. It was supposed to be a relaxing escape from the monotony of everyday life, but things turned ugly pretty soon. I had pitched my tent near a small river, and everything seemed peaceful until I woke up to a rustling noise outside my tent. At first, I shrugged it off, thinking it was just the wind or some small animal, but the sound persisted.

Curiosity got the best of me, and I stepped outside my tent. What I saw sent shivers down my spine. There was an ethereal being, glowing with an eerie blue light. It was humanoid in shape, but there was something wrong about its features, like they were distorted or stretched. The being had long arms and legs, and it moved towards me slowly.

My fear grew with every step it took, and I stumbled back, tripping over a tree root. That's when the creature reached me. Its hand touched mine, and it was like I had entered a different realm. The surroundings changed from a lush green forest to a barren, deserted wasteland. The creature whispered something inaudible, and I felt like I was trapped in its grasp.

My mind and body went numb, and I knew that I was in grave danger. I woke up in my tent the next day, not knowing what had happened to me. I could never explain that unearthly experience and spent years trying to forget about it.

As I finished narrating my story, everyone looked at me, jaws dropped. They all wondered how I managed to escape. But the truth is, I never truly did. The fear of that entity still lingers on, haunting me even after all these years.
Amy Smith
Prefect

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:57 am

One of the creatures that scares me the most is the Runespoor.

https://i.imgur.com/lU2Ze0h.jpg
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Adeline Morior » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:20 pm

I am dead scared of a Lethifold...

https://i.postimg.cc/fLYpQHdJ/Untitled.jpg

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Lex Green » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:13 pm

One year at Hogwarts, there was a group of new Gryffindor first-years who had become the target of some bullying around the castle. Many of the older students teased them for not being brave enough for their house, and it became a great game around the castle to try and scare the members of this particular group.

One night, the young Gryffindors decided that they were tired of the bullying, and wanted to do something to prove their daring once and for all. They decided to sneak out late at night and go down to the lake to have a midnight feast. As the clock struck midnight, each of them snuck out of their dorms and started to make their way down to the lake.

However, when they got there, strange things started to happen. Items of food would suddenly not be where one student had sworn they had put them. One student would feel something brush past them, despite none of the others being near. And a variety of creepy noises started to echo through the darkness.

The students collectively agreed to abandon the feast and go back to bed - they had proven themselves by sneaking out, but now it was too much and they had to leave. They all returned to their dormitories and fell back asleep.

One of the group woke up the next morning, still slightly shaken by the events of the night. They sought out their friends at breakfast that morning, and started to discuss everything that had happened, but no other member of the group had any recollection of sneaking out at all...
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Return to The Fall Committee