Week One - Task #02 - "Hidden Histories"

Moderators: Mia Fountain, Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Lex Green, Amy Smith, Anne-Marie Gagne

Week One - Task #02 - "Hidden Histories"

Postby Amy Smith » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:48 am

You have always dreamed of interviewing your favorite quidditch player and that dream, finally came true. You received an invitation to interview your favorite player.

You were excited beyond belief and arrived at the stadium three hours before the commencement of the match, not wanting to miss a second of the action. The stadium was a spectacle to behold with the crowd, cheering and booing in unison, making the experience more trilling.

You finally met your favorite player and you were pleasantly surprised at how down-to earth they were. You settled down at the dressing room and then started the interview.

Task:
Your task is to interview, any quidditch player, make sure to include at least 5 questions, along with the answers in an interview format.

Alternatively, in at least 250 words you can write about any quidditch player of your choice.

You can earn 10 beans and sapphires by completing this task. Additionally, you can earn 10 more beans and sapphires, if you complete all the week one tasks. The task is due on November 30th, 11:59 PM HoL Time
Amy Smith
Prefect

Re: Week One - Task #02 - "Hidden Histories"

Postby Janne Halla » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:28 pm

SPOILERS FOR HOGWARTS LEGACY AND GAME-RELATED MATERIALS

Spoiler :: Show this spoiler
Chiyo Kogawa was a flying instructor at Hogwarts in the late 19th century and a Mahoutokoro school Quidditch player. Chiyo's early years were spent at Mahoutokoro school, where she formed a strong friendship with her best friend, Asuka.

Together, they aspired to try out for the Toyohashi Tengu, a Quidditch team. However, Chiyo was unaware of Asuka's anxiety about failing, which had a negative impact on her try-out experience as well. During her try-outs as a Keeper, her performance took an unexpected turn when she unknowingly consumed Felix Felicis, a luck potion, secretly added to her tea by the nervous Asuka. Realizing this advantage, Chiyo chose to withdraw from the tryouts without exposing Asuka's cheating.

In her career, Chiyo joined the Japanese Ministry of Magic, where she had an eventful partnership with Matilda Weasley in Yokohama. Matilda later recruited her to work at Hogwarts as the Flying instructor.

After Phineas Nigellus Black became Headmaster, he instituted a ban on Quidditch due to it being 'dangerous', citing previous injuries to students during matches. Chiyo made it her mission to remove the ban during her tenure as a Flying instructor. When her request was declined by the Headmaster, Chiyo expressed her intention to contact the Department of Magical Games and Sports.

While not much is known about Chiyo Kogawa during her Quidditch years at the Japanese wizarding school, she must have been quite a good Keeper if she had been allowed to try out for the Toyohashi Tengu team. I wish we knew more about that time in her past or seen her play (or referee) Quidditch at Hogwarts.
End of spoiler.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Adeline Morior » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:04 pm

Going into a time of being able to talk about a player named Dragomir Gorgovitch.
Mr. Dragomir Gorgovitch, a Wizard that played as a chaser for the England Team Chudley Cannons, has held the position for quite some time. Gorgovitch was transferred to the Cannons in 1995 because of his ‘record fee’. What were his most proud or successful moments as a chaser for the team? I would say he and England was most proud of him to be known for holding the record for the most Quaffle drops in a season. It is something that is said to have taken him many hours, days and years practicing to perfect.

The same goes for his name. The story about him tells us a bit about its meaning and origin.
The name, Dragomir, Known to mean ‘Precious and Peaceful’ to the locals, actually derives from the Slavic element, Dorgu, which means ‘Precious’ and is combined with Mir, which means ‘peace’. Although it means these things now, it wasn’t always so. In the Old Slavic language, it actually meant more along the lines of ‘large, great and greatly’. So translating it, it would mean something along the lines of ‘He who is dear and precious to his family’. Not much is known about him today as he was a very private person it is said. The team he played on, The Chudley Cannons, have won the league cup, a whopping twenty one times. Bringing a great reputation to Great Britain. Unfortunately they also ended up getting a bad streak causing some tension and possible mix in with some Felix Felicis. No one can really say.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:28 pm

Lengthy Interview With Harry Potter [794 Words]

Spoiler :: Show this spoiler
Dibyarup J. Potter: Good morning Mr. Harry Potter, it’s great to finally be able to officially interview you today. With your level of experience in Quidditch, as the youngest Quidditch player of the century, I hope to have a very interesting conversation about your Quidditch journey. Today you are not my father, but the ex-captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team and a Seeker. So, without any further ado, let’s get started.

Harry Potter: Thank you, it's a pleasure to be here.

Dibyarup J. Potter: To start, can you briefly tell us about your Quidditch journey and how you got your start in the sport?

Harry Potter: Well, Quidditch was a bit of a surprise for me. I didn't even know about it until I arrived at Hogwarts.

I only got into the team because Professor McGonagall saw me perform a fifty-foot dive before catching Neville Longbottom’s Remembrall which Draco Malfoy threw for me to catch.

I will never forget that day, I was quite nervous until Professor McGonagall told Oliver Wood that she had found him a new Seeker. So then I started playing as the Seeker for the Gryffindor team. It was love at first flight, and I had a bit of a natural talent for it, I suppose since your grandfather was also a Gryffindor Seeker.

Dibyarup J. Potter: Impressive! So, my next question to you is, what kind of training and preparation did you put yourself through to stay in shape during your Quidditch playing years?

Harry Potter: Quidditch training was quite demanding, especially during my time as Captain. I also had to make sure I wasn’t making the routines too easy for myself, so I always made it slightly harder for myself instead. We had regular practice sessions, exercise sessions, and manoeuvre drills. Additionally, we had to study our opponents, and their previous games and try to identify their key strategies and accordingly work on our strategies for our match with them. Mental preparation was just as crucial as the physical aspect as well.

Dibyarup J. Potter: It's clear that Quidditch requires both your physical and mental fitness. As a Captain, what leadership qualities do you think are essential for guiding a successful Quidditch team?

Harry Potter: Leadership in Quidditch is about setting an example, clear communication, and motivating your team. It's crucial to stay positive and focused, even when facing setbacks. Trust and mutual respect among your teammates are the keys to success, and a good Captain must foster that unity. However, it’s also important to point out when someone is clearly in the wrong, and conflict resolution is key. A team cannot function properly on the pitch if they are not communicating clearly, or playing for personal milestones instead of playing for the team.

Dibyarup J. Potter: Some very important lessons there. For my next question, I would like to know your top 3 Quidditch manoeuvres, the ones that you just couldn’t do without as a Seeker and why.

Harry Potter: The Wronski Feint, Spiral Dive and The Sloth Grip Roll. For the Wronski Feint, you would pretend to spot the Snitch quite close to the ground then race to catch it hoping that the opponent Seeker will also follow, and then at the last second before reaching the ground, you would pull out of the dive, usually causing the opponent Seeker to crash. This move was also frequently used by Victor Krum.

Next for a Spiral Dive, you descend sharply, in a spiral fashion in order to intercept the Snitch. In 1992, during my match against Hufflepuff, I used this move to catch the Snitch, creating a record for the fastest Snitch catching in Hogwarts’ Quidditch history, just under 5 minutes.

And lastly, the Sloth Grip Roll involved hanging upside down from the broom, holding it tightly with your hands and feet to avoid an incoming Bludger. I can’t even count how many times I have had to use it, especially in my matches against Slytherin.

Dibyarup J. Potter: Those were some really great insights, Mr. Potter. Finally, can you share any advice for aspiring Quidditch players looking to follow in your footsteps and achieve success in the sport?

Harry Potter: My advice would be to practice hard and never give up. Quidditch can be challenging, but with dedication and perseverance, great things can happen on the pitch. Also, remember that Quidditch is a team sport, and it's not just about personal milestones, it's about working together as a team and winning as a team.

Dibyarup J. Potter: Wise words, Mr. Potter. Thank you for sharing your Quidditch experiences and insights today. It's been a pleasure interviewing you.

Harry Potter: Thank you for having me, and best of luck to all the aspiring Quidditch players out there!
End of spoiler.
Last edited by Dibyarup James Potter on Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Evie Figg » Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:39 pm

*Interview with Gregory Cotton of the Appleby Arrows*
I welcome Gregory into the makeshift interview space, as it was just a small corner within the library, a spot quiet enough to have a one on one conversation. I offer up a pot of tea, and he nods. Waving my wand with just a flick, I conjure a pot of tea, along with two empty tea cups and a tray of cauldron cakes, just in case we get hungry.

Evie Figg: "Now Gregory, first things first, I am sure the fans would love to know, how did you get into Quidditch in the first place? What's the story?"

Gregory Cotton:
"I suppose it was my father, he played Quidditch as a young lad and helped me ride a broom before I ever went to Hogwarts."

Evie Figg: "How fun! Did he also teach you the game while you were a young lad yourself?"

Gregory Cotton: "Oh yes, my brothers and I all learned the game from him. He even encouraged my sisters to give it a try, as well."

Evie Figg: "Do you have any fond memories of playing Quidditch as a young child?"

Gregory Cotton: "There was one summer, before I turned 11, that I had caught a golden snidget just out of pure luck. I remember being so happy I ran to my father to tell him."

Evie Figg: "So that was the moment you realized you'd make an excellent Seeker, then?"

Gregory Cotton: "Yes, that was the moment. I have been chasing that luck ever since."

Evie Figg: "Now, Gregory, you are currently a Seeker for the Appleby Arrows, has there been any stand-out moments for you?"

Gregory Cotton: "I am sure everyone is entertained by my playing skills, so I will leave it at that."

Evie Figg: "You have garnered a reputation for being somewhat of an instigator. What do you have to say to the fans about that?"

Gregory Cotton: "Those who have never played Quidditch don't realize what we are up against out there. You try and do the things that will ultimately score the win for your team, by any means necessary. Some people don't understand that."

Evie Figg: "One last question, Gregory, what would you say to an aspiring professional Quidditch player? Any advice?"

Gregory Cotton: "Only worry about yourself, and your team. And uh, practice, always."

Evie Figg: "Gregory, thank you for your input and good luck out there!"

Gregory Cotton: "Thank you, Evie."
Evie Figg
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Artemisia Thorne » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:38 am

Interview with Ginny Potter (nee Weasley)

Artemisia Thorne: I have with me today Ginny Potter, senior Quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet and retired chaser for the Holyhead Harpies. Good afternoon Ginny, thank you for joining me today!

Ginny Potter: Thank you Artemisia, it’s great to be here.

Artemisia Thorne: Ginny, tell me, when did you first get into Quidditch?

Ginny Potter: Well, I'd say my love for Quidditch started as soon as I could walk and talk. You see, I come from a family of avid Quidditch enthusiasts, and my older brothers, Fred and George, used to play with toy broomsticks around the house. I was always trying to join in, even if I was just toddling around on a tiny broomstick. So, you could say I was practically born with a Quaffle in my hand. As I grew older, I watched my brothers play for the Gryffindor team at Hogwarts, and that further fuelled my passion for the sport. Once I finally got my hands on a real broomstick, there was no turning back. Quidditch was in my blood, and I knew it was something I wanted to pursue seriously.

Artemisia Thorne: And you played for Gryffindor yourself didn’t you? What was that like, your first taste of the real thing?

Ginny Potter: Yes, I certainly did. When I arrived at Hogwarts, I was eager to continue the family tradition of playing for Gryffindor. My time on the Gryffindor Quidditch team was a thrilling experience. I was proud to wear the scarlet and gold robes and represent our house on the pitch. Those Hogwarts Quidditch matches were some of the most exhilarating moments of my school years, and I'm grateful for the opportunities and friendships it brought into my life.

Artemisia Thorne: It must have been such a big change to go from playing for Hogwarts to having a place on such an illustrious team, tell me, how did you feel when you first joined the Holyhead Harpies?

Ginny Potter: Joining the Holyhead Harpies was a monumental shift from playing for Hogwarts, and it was an incredibly significant moment in my life. Not only was it my debut in the professional Quidditch world, but it also marked my entry into a team with a rich legacy as an all-female squad.
The feeling was a mix of excitement and responsibility. I was thrilled to be part of a team with such a storied history in Quidditch, but I also knew the significance of being part of an all-female team. The Harpies had been breaking barriers and proving that witches could excel in the sport just as well as wizards for generations. It was an honor to contribute to that legacy and to inspire young witches who dreamed of a future in Quidditch.

Artemisia Thorne: That’s truly admirable. Now, I’d like to delve into your personal experiences on the pitch. Can you share some of your most memorable moments or favourite matches from your time with the Harpies?

Ginny Potter: Certainly. There were many remarkable moments during my career with the Harpies, but one that stands out is when we won the Quidditch League. That entire season was filled with incredible teamwork, brilliant plays, and, of course, the thrill of victory. It was the culmination of years of hard work, and lifting the trophy with my teammates is a memory I hold close to my heart.
Another standout moment was in a match against the Montrose Magpies, a team known for their formidable defence. We managed to break through their defences with a series of precise passes and stunning teamwork. That match really showcased the strength and spirit of the Harpies.

Artemisia Thorne: Those sound like incredible moments. On a different note, being part of such a historic team, you must have faced unique challenges and opportunities. Could you share some of the challenges you encountered and how they shaped your Quidditch journey?

Ginny Potter: Being a part of the Holyhead Harpies, an all-female team with a storied history, did come with its unique set of challenges. One of the challenges we faced was the skepticism from some of our opponents who underestimated us due to our gender. However, this challenge only fueled our determination. We saw it as an opportunity to prove that gender should never be a barrier to success in Quidditch or any other field.

Artemisia Thorne: Your perseverance and dedication are truly inspiring. Ginny, your career with the Harpies has left an indelible mark on the world of Quidditch. I must ask, what was it that made you decide to make a career change, to become a sports journalist?

Ginny Potter: Well, Artemisia, the decision to transition from being a Quidditch player to a sports journalist was something that had been brewing in my mind for a while. As much as I loved playing Quidditch, I also had a deep passion for writing. During my Quidditch career, I'd often jot down my thoughts, observations, and ideas about the game. It was a way for me to stay connected with Quidditch even when I wasn't on the pitch.
As I grew older and started a family, I realized that the demands of a professional Quidditch player's life, with all the traveling and rigorous training, were becoming more challenging. I wanted to find a way to remain closely connected to the sport I loved while having the stability to be there for my family. That's when the idea of becoming a sports journalist became more appealing. It allowed me to combine my two passions—Quidditch and writing.
Additionally, I felt that as a former player, I could offer a unique perspective and insights into the world of Quidditch. It was a way to stay involved in the sport and continue contributing to its legacy in a different role. So, the decision to become a sports journalist felt like a natural evolution of my career, allowing me to share my love for Quidditch with a broader audience and inspire others to follow their dreams in the magical world of sports.

Artemisia Thorne: That's a fantastic way to stay involved in the sport you love. And as you said, as a former player you bring a unique perspective to sports journalism. Can you share a bit about how your experiences as a Chaser with the Harpies influenced your current role as a Quidditch correspondent? Are there particular skills or insights from your playing days that have proven invaluable in your reporting?

Ginny Potter: Absolutely, Artemisia. My experiences as a Chaser with the Holyhead Harpies have been invaluable in my current role as a Quidditch correspondent. First and foremost, playing professionally allowed me to develop an intricate understanding of the game, both tactically and strategically. I could analyze plays, spot exceptional moves, and understand the nuances of team dynamics from firsthand experience. This perspective has been a significant advantage when dissecting matches and providing insights in my reporting.
My background as a Quidditch player also provides a level of credibility and rapport with the players, coaches, and other figures in the Quidditch world. They are often more willing to share their thoughts and insights with me, knowing that I've been in their shoes.

Artemisia Thorne: That firsthand experience is certainly an asset in your current role. Lastly, Ginny, I have to ask, do you have any advice for aspiring Quidditch players or young witches and wizards who dream of a career in sports journalism?

Ginny Potter: I'd be delighted to share some advice. For aspiring Quidditch players, my message would be to never lose sight of your passion for the sport. Work hard, train diligently, and always strive to improve your skills. It's the love for Quidditch that will drive you to success. Don't be discouraged by setbacks or challenges; they are part of the journey, and they will only make you stronger. Seek out mentors and experienced players for guidance and learning opportunities.
As for those aspiring to pursue a career in sports journalism, my advice is to read and write as much as possible. Develop your storytelling skills and gain a deep understanding of the game you're passionate about. Networking is also crucial; build relationships with players, coaches, and fellow journalists. It's a competitive field, but with dedication and a genuine love for Quidditch or your chosen sport, you can make a mark.
Both paths require dedication, hard work, and a relentless pursuit of your dreams. Stay true to your love for the game, keep learning and growing, and you'll be well on your way to success, whether as a Quidditch player or a sports journalist.

Artemisia Thorne: Thank you, Ginny, for the valuable advice. Your insights are sure to inspire many young witches and wizards who are passionate about Quidditch and sports journalism. It's been a pleasure talking with you today.

Ginny Potter: Thank you, Artemisia. It's been a pleasure sharing my experiences and insights with you today. I hope that my journey in the world of Quidditch, both as a player and now as a Quidditch correspondent, can encourage and guide those who share a deep love for the sport. Quidditch is not just a game; it's a way of life for many of us, and I'm thrilled to have been a part of this wonderful world. If my story can inspire even one young witch or wizard to chase their dreams, whether on a broomstick or behind a quill, then I consider it a job well done. Thank you for this opportunity to reminisce and reflect on my Quidditch career.
"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Artemisia Thorne
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Lara Westbrook » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:06 pm

Lara Westbrook
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:20 pm

Cody Lewis was a record-breaking Quidditch player for the Slytherin Quidditch Team during his time at HOL. When he was an active member of the Quidditch board, he pushed for the advancement and fairness of the sport. He also enjoyed creating many inventive methods to get new Quidditch players involved.

Scarlet: You've taken the pitch in each of the four different Quidditch positions as a Quidditch player at HOL. Which position was your favorite and why?

Cody: Can I pick two? Seeker and Beater.

Scarlet: What?

Cody: Just kidding.

I originally enjoyed being Keeper. It is a position that requires poise and composure under pressure as well as a bit of moxie. I could feel that my team truly depended on me as the last line of defense.

Later on, the thrill of playing Chaser beckoned to me. For me, it was a race against the opposing team's Seeker. I had to score enough goals to make catching the Snitch completely irrelevant.

Scarlet: Heh... I'll let that one go this time because this interview is about you. So, what do you feel is your greatest accomplishment in your HOL Quidditch career?

Cody: I worked extremely hard to be number one in the 20 Questions game that was found in the Quidditch department on the main HOL website. When I had finally beaten the time of Edmund Smethwyck, he immediately took back the top spot. It took many tries to re-take the highest rank!

I'm also proud that my play over the years speaks for itself. My name is found at the top of the Most Valuable Player award list for all HOL members.

Scarlet: What strategies did you use to stay mentally sharp and prepared for each game?

Cody: In the beginning, constant repetition of the basics was key. Once that was mastered, the sheer volume of mass practice was important for honing both mental skills and muscle memory. I noticed patterns and invented helpful tricks and mnemonics, some with the assistance of my teammates. An excellent playlist in the background was also helpful.

Scarlet: Although there are a couple i's in Quidditch, it is, after all, a team sport. Which teammates were the most memorable to you?

Cody: Opal Curare was my greatest role model, both on and, even more so, off the pitch. She helped me grow as a teammate and as a person. From her, I learned the best ways to interact with others and a great deal of patience. I will forever be grateful to have her as my mentor and friend.

Scarlet: And, finally, what advice would you like to give to aspiring Quidditch players?

Cody: Don't let anyone else tell you what you are unable to accomplish.
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Viviana Kingston » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:36 pm

Cho Chang is the quidditch player I chose. Cho was a Ravenclaw and a year above Harry Potter. When Harry had first seen Cho, he noticed she was the only girl on the Ravenclaw team. Due to Cho’s excellent flying skills, she had been chosen for the position of the Seeker for her team, but had almost entirely lost her flying ability after the death of her then boyfriend Cedric Diggory.

Since the age of 6, Cho had been passionate about quidditch. She was an avid fan of the quidditch team the Tutshill Tornados. She showed her support through owning and wearing one their badges. She owned a model of the Comet 260 which she used while on the Ravenclaw quidditch team.

During the match against Ravenclaw, Cho tailed Harry instead of trying to find the golden snitch herself, a sneaky tactic that almost worked if Harry hadn’t realised her strategy.

Cho’s known record in quidditch was 0-3 against Gryffindor. Two includes straight defeats against Gryffindor seeker - Ginny Potter née Weasley.

Straying away from Cho’s quidditch history because I’m not sure there is much more history regarding that known, Cho was Harry’s first crush, girlfriend and breakup. Cho had been admired by many and eventually married a muggle after the Battle of Hogwarts. Cho was a member of Dumbledore’s Army and was a supporter of Harry during times many wanted to give up on helping him and didn’t believe him. Cho, up until her sixth year was very popular, especially because she was a quidditch star.
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Katherine Laurier » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:38 am

Interview with Oliver Wood

Katherine Laurier: Hello, Mr. Wood! Thank you for taking the time to have this interview with me, it's truly an honor. So, to start, can you tell us about yourself and your journey with Quidditch?

Oliver Wood: It's a pleasure to be here. My name is Oliver Wood and I am a professional Quidditch player, Keeper of the team Puddlemere United. Before reaching this point, I was a student in the incredible school you are in right now, and the Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team for several years, and I was able to lead the team to the Quidditch Cup. I still have many years ahead of me on my journey, but I'm glad to be able to share my experience so far.

Katherine Laurier: Wow, well, It's truly amazing how successful and devoted you are at Quidditch; I'm sure many people are inspired by you -- including me! What would you say sprouted your love for the sport? Did, perhaps, Hogwarts start it, or have you always loved it?

Oliver Wood: Ah, I wasn't really surrounded by Quidditch before Hogwarts, but I had always been a passionate and determined lad, so when I first found out about it in my first year, I was very eager to try it out, and when I was finally able to, I was jumping with joy. Though my first match was... um, not a very fun one for me, ahem, as corny as it may sound, sparks flew in my heart and eyes, and I stuck to it happily.

Katherine Laurier: Oooh, that's very interesting! What would you say is the best part about playing Quidditch or being a Quidditch player? You are so clearly devoted and loyal to your sport, which is so admirable. What things about Quidditch make you stay?

Oliver Wood: Oh, that's an incredible question. Quidditch, for me, is... a life-changing experience. I'm not sure what I would be doing right now without it. I believe it's not something that I just found to be something that I like, but something I unveiled and discovered was part of me ever since I could breathe. Now that I've found it, I can't look back. Plus, there's always something new I haven't yet discovered or something I wouldn't expect in every match, like what move your opponent is going to pull, or what move you're going to do. It's truly unpredictable, and the way it's the same but different every time is what makes me stay. The adrenaline rush, excitement, and pride I get when I play and the hard work paying off in successful matches is what makes hours of training and minor injuries in the process worth it.

Katherine Laurier: That is so well-said! What do you think got you to where you are right now? I mean, you're clearly very passionate and talented at what you do, so what do you think gave you the push to want this career and what made you actually achieve it?

Oliver Wood: Well, the one thing I would like to firstly say is this did not come easy. Like I said, during my very first match -- which, gah, I don't even want to remember -- I took a Bludger to my head not even five minutes into the game and was in the Hospital Wing for about a week. Obviously, not a very monumental first game, but now I'm on a professional Quidditch team! So to put simply, perseverance, passion, and hard work. Be hard on yourself sometimes and strive to be better. Love what you do. Work well with others, have initiative to make you and your team better, and practice a lot.

Katherine Laurier: Amazing! Well, it has been an honor to have this interview with you and get to know you and your Quidditch experience better, sir. Now, to end this interview, what is one piece of advice you would give to young, aspiring Quidditch players?

Oliver Wood: That's a great question. The one thing I would say is, if you love and enjoy it, keep going. There will be some challenges, but every day, you'll learn something even more incredible about Quidditch. There's so much to discover, like all the brooms and moves that are continuously being invented, and I can guarantee that it's all worth trying out.

Katherine Laurier: Woah! That's awesome advice. Thank you once again so very much, Mr. Wood, for your time, and have a great rest of your day.
Katherine Laurier
Reserve Prefect

Postby Maeve Madden » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:22 am

Gwenog Jones, born in 1968, is a famous Welsh Quidditch player. She attended Hogwarts from 1979 to 1986 where she first played Quidditch, playing as a Beater. Although a great Quidditch player, Gwenog was not the best at Charms; she once attempted to charm one of the school Bludgers to only attack the opposite team, but managed to curse it instead. She was unable to uncurse it and as such, hid it inside a statue. Gwenog was known to be part of two clubs at Hogwarts: the Dragon Club and the Slug Club. Incidentally, she gave the statue with the cursed Bludger in it to the Dragon Club. She had a particular fondness for Professor Horace Slughorn (and he did for her as well, hence the Slug Club). After graduating from Hogwarts, Gwenog joined the Holyhead Harpies as a Beater and later became their Captain. During her years on the Harpies, she would gift Professor Slughorn free tickets to her games whenever he wanted. After her retirement from the Holyhead Harpies, by 2014, she Gwenog became the manager for the Welsh National Quidditch Team. She had a fierce rivalry with the Brazilian manager José Barboza. José called the Welsh Chasers “talentless hags”, and Gwenog replied that she would “curse the face off” José. In 2014, Wales and Brazil played each other in the quarter finals; much to Gwenog’s chagrin, Brazil won. She did try to follow through on her promise to curse off José’s face; she was only unsuccessful because her Beaters dragged her away.
Maeve Madden
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Prof. Sirius Fudge » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:12 pm

Interviewer: Hello, Charlie. I am a fan. Let us make this interview short before the match starts. How did you get into Quidditch?

Charlie: Hello, no problem. Oh, with a family like ours, Bill and I would never let a day pass by without playing some rounds in the backyard. I remember Bill would never beat me in a race. Though it may have to do with a broken twig in his broom, or is it? The memory is not very clear to me now.

Interviewer: I wonder if Bill would have the same version of your story. Anyway, next question. What made you focus on seeking? It seems that you can play several positions. Why seeking?

Charlie: Hmm, let’s see. I think we must adjust the team that time. Even though I was quite bulky that time, I was a fast flyer so it is not a problem. I think no one is interested in being a seeker that time so I took the initiative. But I love the position. I love looking for the small shiny dot flying around. I think my motivation is that it is like discovering a dragon, that possibility of finding the snitch, I can compare it to that, with the gold, and the rarity of it.

Interviewer: Interesting. You did not bargain for the Keeper position from Oliver Wood?

Charlie: Nah, I am good. Oliver is a talented keeper. He excels at it so I do not want to mess that up. But yeah, overall, my Quidditch career at Hogwarts, I am satisfied with it. The award is a bonus. With the fun and enjoyment that I had, it was a good one.

Interviewer: After your quidditch career at Hogwarts, you have not played professionally again?

Charlie: Yes, I have found my passion of caring for some magical creatures out there. It is like finding snitches and then keeping and caring for it. There are lots of misconceptions about magical creatures out there. Dragons for example. They are kind and protective, and all their violence is to protect their family from people with ill intentions.

Interviewer: Well answered. Last question. If you are to play Quidditch with a dragon, do you think you can win?

Charlie: I certainly hope so. Harry did succeed getting a golden egg from the dragon in the Triwizard Tournament last eons ago. But it will be hard. I think I may have to get fit first. I will get back to you on that question after I lose some weight.

Interviewer: Will wait for your update on that. Thank you, Charlie. It is a pleasure to interview you on your short yet accomplished Quidditch career.

Charlie: Thank you as well. See you next time.

Sirius Fudge || si926 || Fifth Year || Hufflepuff
11.00" Birch and Ashwinder Ash
Prof. Sirius Fudge
My MC is a... Porlock

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:15 pm

Interview with Alicia Spinnet, Gryffindor chaser!

Scarlet: Hey, Alicia! Thanks a bunch for taking the time to chat with us. Let's dive into the magical world of Quidditch and get to know you a bit more.

Alicia Spinnet: No problem at all! Always happy to talk Quidditch and whatever else.

Scarlet: So, first things first, what's your earliest memory of falling in love with Quidditch, and how did you end up deciding, "This is my thing"?

Alicia Spinnet: Well, my older brother used to sneak me into Quidditch matches when I was a kid. The rush of the game, the soaring broomsticks – it just captivated me. When I got to Hogwarts, trying out for the Gryffindor team was a no-brainer. It felt like a natural progression.

Scarlet: And you made the team of course, as a Chaser. What's the secret to being an ace Chaser, and can you share a moment on the pitch that's etched in your memory?

Alicia Spinnet: Coordination and a dash of intuition, I'd say. You've got to read your teammates and the game. One standout moment has to be a crazy play against Ravenclaw. We pulled off this insane triple feint and scored. The look on their faces was priceless.

Scarlet: I can only imagine and surely your house was very proud of their team too. Gryffindor Quidditch – it's practically a legacy. What does being part of that legacy mean to you, and how does the house pride amp up your game?

Alicia Spinnet: Gryffindor pride is like a turbo boost. Knowing you're representing the lion on your chest, it adds a whole new layer of determination. The support from Gryffindors is amazing, and it creates this unbeatable energy on the pitch.

Scarlet: That seems lovely. Now enough of Quidditch. Outside of this, what's your go-to activity or hobby? Any hidden talents or interests we might not know about?

Alicia Spinnet: I'm a bit of a doodler, actually. Sketching random things during downtime helps me unwind. Oh, and I have this not-so-secret love for Muggle music. Wizarding Wireless is great, but sometimes you need a good Muggle tune.

Scarlet: I think I have to agree with you, some muggle tunes can't be beaten. Looking ahead, any post-Hogwarts plans or dreams you're itching to pursue?

Alicia Spinnet: Well, Quidditch is in my blood, so I see myself playing professionally for a while. But hey, I've got this dream of opening a cozy magical art café someday. Combine my doodling with some good coffee – sounds like a plan, right?

Scarlet: Absolutely! A magical art café sounds fantastic. Any specific theme or vibe you're thinking for it?

Alicia Spinnet: I have this picture in my mind of cozy corners filled with enchanted sketches, floating teacups, and a bit of live music. A mix of magical and Muggle art, creating a chill space for witches and wizards to unwind. That's the dream.

Scarlet: I love it! When it's up let me know, I'll be sure to pass by. Alright, last one – any advice for young witches and wizards dreaming of embracing the world of Quidditch or pursuing their passions?

Alicia Spinnet: Don't hold back! Whether it's Quidditch or some wild dream, go for it. Work hard, trust your instincts, and enjoy the ride. Life's too short to play it safe.

Scarlet: That's wonderful advice. Thanks a ton, Alicia! Wishing you all the best on and off the pitch, and fingers crossed for that magical art café dream!

Alicia Spinnet: Thank you for having me! And let's see where the broom takes me.
Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Return to BBO 2023: Piercing the Nests