Week Two - Task #07. - "Roll Up, We're Recruiting!"

Moderators: Mia Fountain, Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Lex Green, Amy Smith, Anne-Marie Gagne

Week Two - Task #07. - "Roll Up, We're Recruiting!"

Postby Lex Green » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:44 pm

In recent years, some Quidditch teams have seen dwindling numbers of players trying out for their teams, and you decide to try and do something about that! You think your team is amazing, and set out to advertise to new players and encourage them to join you.

Task:
Design a poster advertising your team. You could look to include images of your team playing, or maybe a slogan/motto that you think represents them best.

Alternatively, in 100 words or more, describe a poster or other kind of advertisement you could use. You could also talk about how you would publicise it to people - are you going to try and include it in a newspaper, or maybe stick it up on walls around Hogwarts?

Submitting this task will earn you 10 beans & sapphires, with 10 additional beans & sapphires available for submitting all the week two tasks. The deadline for this activity is November 30th at 11:59pm HOL time.
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Re: Week Two - Task #07. - "Roll Up, We're Recruiting!"

Postby Janne Halla » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:05 pm

I think the recruitment would do well over the radio as a lot of wizards and witches seem to listen to it. Perhaps it could go something like this.

*epic instrumental music*

Are you ready to soar to new heights? Do you dream of chasing victory through the skies? Then listen up, aspiring Quidditch players! The Appleby Arrows, a legendary Quidditch team, are calling for new talent to join their ranks!

*ting of a goal being scored*

Calling all wizards and witches with a passion for the game! The Appleby Arrows Quidditch team invites you to become a part of their legacy. Whether you're a seasoned player or a newcomer eager to learn, there's a place for you in this celebrated team.

*flying broomstick noises*

Join a community of skilled players, where teamwork makes the dream work. As an Arrow, you'll experience the thrill of the game, hone your skills, and showcase your talent on pitches from Newark to London, all the way to Tokyo.

*sounds of arrows being shot*

Don the iconic pale blue robes, mount your broomstick, and be a part of a legacy that spans generations. The Appleby Arrows Quidditch team invites you to embrace the sport and reach for the stars. Trials are open to all, so come and be a part of something extraordinary!

*crowd cheering*

Take your first step towards Quidditch greatness! Contact us now to learn more about tryouts and be a part of the Appleby Arrows. Join a team where even the sky's not the limit!
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Evie Figg » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:33 pm

Evie Figg
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:19 am

Imgur Link

There are exactly 7 wasps representing the 7 players in a Quidditch Team, and all of them look different too!
Last edited by Dibyarup James Potter on Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:39 pm

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Adeline Morior » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:40 am

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Viviana Kingston » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:54 pm

- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Artemisia Thorne » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:16 am

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Artemisia Thorne
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Katherine Laurier » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:37 pm

Katherine Laurier
Reserve Prefect

Postby Maeve Madden » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:46 pm

Maeve Madden
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:34 am

Step into Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, where mischief meets marketing magic! The Wimbourne Wasps' advertisement takes center stage, cleverly entwined with the antics of the Weasley twins. The shop's enchanted ceiling erupting into a Quidditch spectacle, showcasing the Wasps' thrilling moments. The twins, charismatic as ever, add their comedic touch—juggling Quaffles and zooming around on broomsticks, drawing crowds. In-store Quaffles transform into mini-Wasps, buzzing around customers, leaving a magical imprint of team spirit. As word spreads through Diagon Alley, the shop becomes a hub of excitement. The synergy of the Wasps' Quidditch prowess and the twins' mischief creates an advertising spectacle that's as unforgettable as a Quidditch victory.
Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Return to BBO 2023: Piercing the Nests