Week Four - Task #16. - "Words Of Encouragement"

Moderators: Mia Fountain, Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Lex Green, Amy Smith, Anne-Marie Gagne

Week Four - Task #16. - "Words Of Encouragement"

Postby Lex Green » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:49 pm

As the olympics, tournament and activities draw to a close, you feel an innate sense of accomplishment and pride, for both yourself and your team, and your successes throughout the tournament. You notice that some of your teammates don't seem as pleased with themselves, and instead feel disappointed about the small things that they didn't do quite as well in as they hoped, and you decide to try and cheer them up.

Task:
Write a letter to your teammate, congratulating and encouraging them to not feel negatively about their experience. You could remind them that it is not all about the winning, or motivate them by reminding them of activities that they were excellent at. Make sure your letter is at least 100 words long.

Alternatively, in 125 words or more, describe your experience during one or more of the activities you completed.

Submitting this task will earn you 10 beans & sapphires, with 10 additional beans & sapphires available for submitting all the week four tasks. The deadline for this activity is November 30th at 11:59pm HOL time.
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Re: Week Four - Task #16. - "Words Of Encouragement"

Postby Janne Halla » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:12 pm

Our wondeful flying star!

I hope this letter finds you well amidst the revelry of our recent Quidditch Olympics adventure. First and foremost, congratulations on your remarkable effort and dedication throughout the Bronze and Blue Olympics. Your contributions to the team were invaluable, and witnessing your skills on the pitch was nothing short of amazing!

Win or lose, the Olympics were about more than just the final score. Your commitment, teamwork, and the heart you poured into every play were truly commendable. I wish I had half the talent you have in your position. Maybe that is why I am a Chaser. :P

It's not just the gameplay, I also loved our bonding sessions, at the Three Broomsticks and the pranks we pulled on the opposing team. I can't believe they haven't figured out it was us!

Looking forward to our continued adventures on and off the pitch.

Janne
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Maeve Madden » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:44 pm

Hey superstar,

I know you’ve been feeling down these past few days - trust me, I’ve been there. It’s so hard to take your mind off of the small mistakes and tiny fumbles. But, I’m here to try and do just that!

No matter what you tell yourself, you are an excellent quidditch player. How could you have made the Wasps otherwise? I don’t know anyone better at dodging bludgers than you, and you’ve scored more points than I can count! I can say with certainty that that’s what the team is focused on, not anything else.

As I said before, I’ve been where you are. And I’m here for you, whatever you need. You will get through this!

From,
Maeve
Maeve Madden
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Adeline Morior » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:27 am

Dearest Team,

We have had a great time working together as a team so far, as friends beyond the fields and as fellow companions in our passions of Quidditch. I am honoured to have such strong individuals by my side as we battle it out in the finals.

When we look back at our accomplishments and failures, I am reminded again that no matter the final scores or end results, they are neither wins or fails, they are times we had fun as a team, we battled together, laughed together, cried together, and bonded together.

As we move to the next phases, remember your fellow team mate next to you, your friend, and have fun. Give your all to the team and not the scores, to each other and not the wins. We do these things because we love it not because we are obligated. Remember your passion for the game, for the excitement and the laughs.

May our bond always be strong and our passion burn with every game and in our life beyond the field.

Adeline

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:11 pm

Hey Champ,

I know you’ve been a bit disoriented lately, and I know the reason for it as well. But let me tell you that you have been absolutely phenomenal on and off the pitch throughout the Blue and Bronze Olympics. Yes, you failed to prevent a couple of goals from being scored by the Arrows. But that doesn’t make you a bad Keeper. It’s a rough game, and you cannot expect to prevent every single goal from being scored.

I saw you, you did your best, and that’s all that matters. Also, remember, our team and I are super proud of each one of us, and that includes you. So please stop worrying about it and let’s meet for some training exercises at 6 a.m. in the morning tomorrow. Sleep well.

Your friend and teammate,
DIBYARUP J. POTTER
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Clabbert

Postby Viviana Kingston » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:31 pm

Hey our quidditch ace!

I know you’ve been beating yourself up since you couldn’t find the snitch in time in the last match, but I can assure you, things like this happen to even the best of players. There’s always going to be opportunities where you’ll succeed and you have the hardest role of us all! Don’t be discouraged for too long, your efforts have always been prized and you have the entire team at your side to help you! We have your back and we know you have ours so don’t fret, we’ll focus on honing in your Seeking skills if you’re doubting yourself. There’s nothing a bit of practice can’t fix!

Viviana
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Evie Figg » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:47 pm

Hey Bestie,
I wanted to write you this letter in hopes of boosting your mood! I know you have been feeling not so great even though you did AMAZING in the quidditch tournement! I am in awe of the growth you have shown throughout the entire start to finish! You may not notice, but the people around you do! I've never heard a negative thing said about you! The team loves you, the fans love you and most of all, I love you! You make the game of quidditch worth playing, on days when I don't even feel like it. On early mornings, you are always there before I am, and I smile when I turn the corner and see you getting ready for each game! When we first started playing on this team together, I never imagined that out of everyone on the team, you would end of being my best friend! I was so intimidated by your talent and perseverance, I thought I was on the wrong team, but you befriended me and have taught me so much more about quidditch that I never knew before. I hope you continue to shine as the incredibly talented Appleby Arrow that you are!

With Love,
Evie Figg
Evie Figg
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:01 am

Hey there mate,

Just had to drop you a quick note after that match – you were a total Quidditch rockstar out there! Your moves had the whole stadium buzzing. I know the final score is still up in the air, but honestly, it's not just about the win. Your skills, the teamwork – that's what makes us a killer team.

Remember, we've aced tougher challenges before, and this is just another hoop to fly through. Your dedication and passion are what make you a standout teammate. We're in this together, win or lose.

Chin up, champ. We've got more matches and more victories waiting for us.

Much love,
Scarlet
Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Return to BBO 2023: Piercing the Nests