Week One - Task #04. - “Once Upon a December”

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Week One - Task #04. - “Once Upon a December”

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:09 pm

Something so familiar about the tune the music box plays has you completely caught up in wonderment.

Who is this man? How did he happen to possess the one thing needed to have all these feelings flooding back?

Muddied feelings, yes. Feelings you still cannot attach to any specific memories, but that remind you of your greatest hope and wish. That one day, once again, you will truly belong.

“Come with me,” the man says, his eyes checking a watch from a pocket of his long jacket. “The bears will be done their dance momentarily, and they won’t be pleased if they find me.”

Still lost in a trance, he has to gently tap you in the shoulder, inviting you back to reality.

Blinking, you tug out the locket, hesitantly handing it back to him. Not wanting to let go. Wanting to know more about where it came from, and if there might be anything inside.

Relinquishing it back into his hands, your brow pinches together as you say, “But, to where? And who are you? I don’t even know your name.”

You learn the man is called Mitri, and that he believes you could help the royal family of Bearis find their missing heir.

“Me?” You scoff. “How the heck am I supposed to be of any help to a bunch of strange polar bears who have good reason to dislike humans?”

Mitri chuckles, and you sense he’s refraining from rolling his eyes.

“I don’t know you, or where you come from,” he says, “and I know you’re unfamiliar with this area, but based on what I just witnessed when you appeared among the bears, you may be the only chance we have of being granted an audience with the Dowager Empress.”

Raising an eyebrow and crossing your arms, you contemplate how ridiculous it all sounds. Then again, you never expected to see polar bears dancing like this in a land where the snow and the trees shine with unusual hues.

Mitri’s eyes are pleading his intent as he silently mouths that it’s time for him to go, giving a subtle nod toward the path behind him.

A swift glance back proves that the dance has drawn to a close.

As much as you’re still uncertain about why you’d ever run off with this stranger, you can’t deny something like fate seems to have brought you here to meet him.

Plus, you reason to yourself, there’s no way I’m losing access to that locket, and all the questions I want answered.

With a deep breath, you allow Mitri to lead you out of the clearing and into the woods.

Task:
Create a Signature &/or Avatar to go along with this activity and post below! 5 beans/sapphires will be awarded for posting an Avatar image (100x100px), 10 beans/sapphires for posting a Signature image (250x100px)

Alternatively you may Describe your signature and avatar in 100 words or more (what kind of imagery would you use, and what do you enjoy about that?) or use a minimum of 150 words to share any Reflections you have on this previous year.

This task is worth 15 beans/sapphires, with an additional 15 bonus beans/sapphires for completing all Week One tasks by end of activity. Deadline is 11:59pm (HOL time) on Thursday December 21st.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Re: Week One - Task #04. - “Once Upon a December”

Postby Adeline Morior » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:19 am

Both images depicts four bears in the snow looking on a path to a magical forest.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Artemisia Thorne » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:05 am

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Artemisia Thorne
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Viviana Kingston » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:15 am

- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Lex Green » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:47 pm

Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Postby Evie Figg » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:57 pm

Evie Figg
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:14 pm

This past year has been one filled with many changes and challenges. I look back and see myself growing and maturing in so many ways, becoming a more confident and self-assured person. I've learned to embrace the unexpected and to trust myself and my instincts. I've also developed deeper connections with my friends and family, and discovered new passions and activities. Despite some difficult moments, this year has been one of growth and learning, and I'm grateful for all the experiences I've had. I'm looking forward to the adventures and opportunities that will come in the year ahead. There's still so much more to explore, to learn, and to experience. I'm grateful for those around me and excited for the bonds we'll build in the coming year. I'm looking forward to new challenges, creative endeavours, and opportunities for growth. As I look ahead with anticipation, I remain grateful for all of the blessings of the past. With a positive attitude and an open mind, I know that the coming year will be one of joy, opportunity, and fulfilment - and possibly a few new surprises along the way.
Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:00 am

1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:00 am

Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby River Fenwick » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:06 pm

River Fenwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Aquaria Sandalwood » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:23 am

My avatar would be a picture of me surrounded by a circle of dancing polar bears. They would be dancing in a circle, spinning and generally enjoying themselves as they twirl. The ground is snowy and snow is falling and the sky is dark with a bright shining moon and stars. The bears are wearing scarves, and some of them have cups of some sort of steaming beverage, presumably to help keep themselves warm.
My signature would be much the same, having the same backdrop of the snowy night with the bright moon and stars, with a circle of bears, although in the signature they are not dancing, but rather they are sitting around, drinking their hot chocolate, and now some of them are also wearing mittens. My name, Aquaria Sandalwood, would be written in the middle of their circle in script.
Aquaria Sandalwood
Prefect-in-Training

Postby Hiya Debnath » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:20 pm

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Doxy

Location: India, or wherever you can see me on the Marauders' Map.

Postby Hiya Debnath » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:29 pm

The avatar and signature in my previous post were the wrong size, so here it is again, this time in the correct size.
Avatar - https://i.postimg.cc/63P6Wf4d/IMG-20231224-215405.jpg
Signature - https://i.postimg.cc/3NTz7yJK/IMG-20231224-213631-1.jpg
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Doxy

Location: India, or wherever you can see me on the Marauders' Map.

Return to Once Upon a December