Preparations - Task 4 - Comfort Zones

Moderator: Lex Green

Preparations - Task 4 - Comfort Zones

Postby Lex Green » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:02 pm

With most of the preparations out of the weigh, the professors are ready to start making decisions about the show very soon. Excitement seems to be building throughout the castle, and they all have a lot of hope that the production is going to be an excellent one! Before they move completely on to the next stage, they’d like to gather a few thoughts on how the process is going and what the consensus is amongst the students as to how they feel about the prospect of the show at this stage.

Task:
In 100 words or more, share your opinions and thoughts about the production (and activity) so far. Are you excited by the prospect of mounting a show? Is it something you had considered or done before, or is it completely new? Do you think the show will be successful?

This task is worth 10 beans/sapphires, with an additional 10 bonus beans/sapphires available for completing all Week One (Preparations) tasks by the end of activity (January 31st.)
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Re: Preparations - Task 4 - Comfort Zones

Postby River Fenwick » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:19 pm

I am very excited about the production! Though I never participated in theatre, many of my friends were a part of school plays. I would have loved to participate, but unfortunately, I had revolted at the thought of so many eyes gazing upon me, though I suppose I could have been one of the crucial roles behind the scenes. I believe the production will go off magnificently to those who find value in and enjoy the art. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but to us who enjoy it, I'm sure we'll make it a hit! I hope you all joining have a blast!
River Fenwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Viviana Kingston » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:21 pm

I’m over the moon! I haven’t had a whiff of drama productions since I was in the third grade and did I love those! The last time I was in a production, it was about an oversmart fish that managed to wrangle his way out of trouble. I had been so excited about it and being the lead, I learnt the words off by heart, but unfortunately it didn’t even make it out into the assembly…I definitely know that this production won’t be the same - it will be a major hit and I do hope I at least get a few seconds of the spotlight that I’ve been longing for since my last unfortunate play.
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:42 pm

I'm buzzing with excitement about the production! The acting in my veins is doing cartwheels right now. Sure, I've been on stage before, but this student-run venture feels brand new, fresh, and electric! The castle is practically pulsing with anticipation, and I can feel it.

I'm not gonna lie, there are butterflies in my stomach too. No script, but only a crazy yet hopeful map of what I want the final result to be like. But that's the magic, right? We're not after perfection, we're after that "wow" moment when the stage disappears, and we're all sharing a magical experience that all of us will cherish forever.

I've got a hunch we're in for a stellar performance. Can’t wait to see this production unfold and be a part of the magic! So let's raise the curtains, bumps and all! This might be something truly special.

Lights up, hearts pounding—It’s Showtime!
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Hiya Debnath » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:56 pm

I used to be a bit stage-shy. Holding myself together in front of large crowds was not one of my first loves. When I was in school, I truly enjoyed script-writing and story-telling. But over the years, I slowly eased into the idea of performing and finally managed to push myself out of my comfort-zone. My first stage performance wasn't my best but it was certainly fun. After that, there was no looking back. I was part of many stage performances thereafter. It felt good to express myself through another character. To express myself through a stage production at Hogwarts is nothing short of a dream come true. When I got the opportunity to become a part of Hogwarts, it was magical and unbelievable, and it is going to be even more magical to be a part of a stage performance. I can't wait to live the experience and embrace the magic. The enthusiasm in the air is noticeable, the tension is palpable, and I can feel the anticipations of all the participants building up around me. I am ready to give my best and dive into this experience.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Doxy

Location: India, or wherever you can see me on the Marauders' Map.

Postby Artemisia Thorne » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:25 am

I have a fair amount of experience with shows, mostly script writing and prop design. It’s been a couple of years since I even considered productions, I did a script writing course and I believe that was around the same time I helped out with my sister’s dance production, I did costume design for that which I’ve had a little experience with for Halloween and costume parties and such, but it was exciting to put those skills to the test on stage. There are definitely a lot of fun aspects of productions. This activity looks super fun, and it’s good to see the other elements involved in a production that I hadn’t entirely considered before. I’m definitely very excited to see how this goes.
"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Artemisia Thorne
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Aquaria Sandalwood » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:08 am

I am super excited for this production! I have always been very interested in theater, and have been loosely involved in it from a young age. When I was 6 or 7, I played a seagull in a children’s theater production of Treasure Island! I was a part of various productions in school on and off since then, and I have always loved going to see productions put on by local theater, and have even been to see two Broadway shows! I am excited by the research and preparation we are doing for this production, and can’t wait to see what happens with it!
Aquaria Sandalwood
Prefect-in-Training

Postby Adeline Morior » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:58 am

I am excited to see so many people and creative teams come together to piece by piece build an entire world for the viewers to be immersed in for the duration of the show. Working in your designated area and then fitting your pieces into the grand scheme of the production is exciting. I always love to see what the other teams did and how beautiful everything comes together. There are so many aspects of a production that every person and the role or job they do are so important to creating something magical. I look forward to seeing the end results. Especially with so many unique people involved.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Katherine Laurier » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:33 am

I am beyond excited to work with others and see what magic we bring to life, and to be able to share this hard work and creativity with others. It is honestly also quite nerve-wracking and pressuring to wonder about what the audience would think, but perhaps this is just beginner jitters. I have always been a fan of musicals and plays, though I have never actually done something like this before, and it's quite scary to think about how it will do in the end. I'm absolutely confident it will be successful though and it's such a mind-blowing thought to think that I will be producing a show! It's nice to realize that I went from watching it to making it. I'm eager and ecstatic to see what's going to happen and I'm enjoying the journey a lot with fellow talented members.
Katherine Laurier
Reserve Prefect

Postby Evony Senoj » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:17 pm

I am very excited about this production. I have never participated in theatre before, so I am having a great time learning about some of the preparations that go into making a show happen!
I must admit that I am a bit nervous though! I keep debating how exactly I want to participate. I may audition for a small acting role, just to be brave and try it out. But I'm no Gryffindor, so I would be perfectly happy working backstage if more hands are needed there instead.
Either way, I do think this show will be successful! Especially with all the enthusiastic support I've seen for it throughout the preparations stage of production! I can't wait for the next stage!
Evony Senoj
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Janne Halla » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:33 pm

I was never that much involved in theatre or productions, nor have I ever watched them. So, I was a little apprehensive at the start about how it would all go for me. Luckily, I got a pretty good role in the production which suits me perfectly.

I'm quite sure that the production will be a resounding success with so many talented people participating in making it come true.

After it premieres at Hogwarts, I wonder whether it could be expanded upon and introduced to the broader wizarding world. There's not much live entertainment it seems, except sports and singing concerts like Celestina Warbeck and The Weird Sisters. I think it might be a fresh occurrence for the society.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:35 pm

For the school musical in 8th grade, I had a role in the play A Midsummer Night's Dream, so I have some experience. It was an incredible time and I definitely enjoyed it! The rehearsals, stage work, and performance were all a lot of fun and I made so many great memories. I'm sure the cast is going to have a blast during this production too! So far, I must say that the production and activity have been quite exciting. I've always been interested in the arts and the creative process, so it was great to have the opportunity to get involved behind the scenes. Mounting a production can be a challenge, but it's also incredibly rewarding to see everything come together and the final product. I'm looking forward to getting to know the other participants better and creating an unforgettable show together.
Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Return to Overture, Curtain, Lights!