Decisions - Task 7 - Who I'd Be

Moderator: Lex Green

Decisions - Task 7 - Who I'd Be

Postby Lex Green » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:12 pm

The time has come, and all the final decisions have been made! The students responsible for writing, directing and performing in the production have been chosen and all roles assigned, and luckily, the whole company seem very happy with their positions. Each person feels that they’ll be able to help make the production a success, and have a great time doing so.

Task:
Tell us what role you’ve been assigned (chosen) for the production! Are you on the creative team, or maybe the leading actor? Tell us in at least 100 words - you could also share why you think you have that role, or why it suits you, and if there’s any parts you’re particularly excited about.

This task is worth 10 beans/sapphires, with an additional 10 bonus beans/sapphires available for completing all Week Two (Decisions) tasks by the end of activity (January 31st.)
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Re: Decisions - Task 7 - Who I'd Be

Postby River Fenwick » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:08 pm

In this production, I have been assigned the role of the prop manager. I believe this role suits me very well. I wouldn't enjoy being on stage. A backstage role such as this one would benefit me. I keep track of things well and often double-check everything, so overseeing the props, ensuring their quality, and having them in the right place at the right time would be right up my alley. I have an inkling that this role would keep me busy, which I would consider to be a requirement in a role for me. I can only hope there aren't too many mishaps with the props!
River Fenwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Hiya Debnath » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:36 am

For this production, I was assigned the role of script-writer. I believe that I was chosen for this role because I thought I could handle it best. I have done script-writing in the past and I thoroughly enjoy the activity. A script-writer is one who converts the plot or narrative of the story being produced into dialogues for the actors and into a blueprint that can be followed for the play along with details. I truly enjoy writing scripts and making the dialogues worth listening to and putting the play together in a compelling sequence to make it worth watching. I think I am perfectly suited for this job because I can then defeat my stage shyness by contributing majorly despite being behind the curtain. I would love to watch the reactions of the audiences and maybe put in a few funny parts into the play's story to hear them laugh. Script-writing for a production on HOL would be nothing short of a dream come true for me. I am particularly excited about writing some enchanting dialogues for the lead role or other main roles. I will try my best to portray the personality of the character through their dialogues to ensure there is an effect on the audience. I would love to help make the characters' personas shine through the words that they speak.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Doxy

Location: India, or wherever you can see me on the Marauders' Map.

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:09 pm

In this production, I have been assigned the role of the Male Lead Actor. I have been a part of over 20 productions, both on and off-stage. In these productions I have donned several hats over the years, ranging from Assistant Set Designer to Assistant Director to an actor. Each role further adding to and improving my understanding of how a production works, storytelling on stage and all the work that goes in off-stage, behind the scenes. This experience, I believe, well equips me with the necessary knowledge required to be the Male Lead Actor, and I'm eager to dive into bringing my character to life.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Clabbert

Postby Viviana Kingston » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:29 am

In this production, I’ve landed the role of female leading character and I’d like to think that it was my charm and charisma that dazzled the panel during the auditions. Though it was probably my ability to deliver the dialogues with emotion and not to forget my history in storytelling. As a writer and poet, I’ve practised the art of creating emotion in words on a page so it wasn’t too hard bringing them justice through my voice. I’ve been to my fair share of poetry slams and it seems that paid off well for me. I spent a while dabbling as a narrator for productions so it’s probably the training that kicked it too.
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Artemisia Thorne » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:25 am

I would do prop design. It’s something I used to do with my mum ever since I was a little kid, helping her out with her stage productions in the village. It’s been a few years since I even considered prop design, but my love of art has only grown since then. The last prop-type piece of art I worked on came out pretty well so I’m confident. There are so many exciting elements to prop design, I think it’s a very underrated part of stage productions, but it still allows a person to hide in the shadows, so it’s perfect for me.
"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Artemisia Thorne
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Adeline Morior » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:53 am

I would say I would be assigned as a Costume designer, maker or dresser. I am excellent at making and designing things. I studied in the fashion design direction and I love making things from scratch with my hands or with any tools given to me. Being a part of the team that helps bring a production to life with the design of the character's looks and the way the character personalities shine through the costumes are a way of telling a story without words. I am excited about the creativity of it and expression and to be able to see the costumes in the production show bring colour and life with the rest of the props are always fun.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Katherine Laurier » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:08 am

I've been assigned the role of script writer for the production. This is an important role as they are the ones behind the curtains shaping the entirety of the play. Because of my skills in dialogue writing and story writing, including realistic character development, setting the atmosphere of a scene, knowledge of the elements of a story and the general outline of the plot, and conflict resolution, I would be a good fit for this. I am very detail-oriented and creative, and I can exercise my creativity and teamwork skills as we collaborate in thinking of a good story and writing a quality script, dialogue, characters and their background, and plot. I can have the characters' backstory and personalities shine through their actions and words and show the uniqueness of each character, the story moderately paced with clearly a lot of thought put into it. I believe I would be able to make the production an immersive, worthwhile, effective theatrical experience for the audience.
Katherine Laurier
Reserve Prefect

Postby Evony Senoj » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:22 am

I have been assigned the acting role of a minor supporting character as well as backstage worker while “off screen”. I only have a few lines in a couple scenes and otherwise I will be helping with setting up and moving the props between scenes.
I think these roles suit me because I want to help with the production, but I am a bit shy and perhaps not very talented. I am especially excited about seeing the whole show come together. There is something fantastic about so many people coming together to create a coordinated performance. The audience is going to love it, and I am very excited to be a part of making it happen!
Evony Senoj
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Janne Halla » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:50 pm

I've gotten the role of backstage helper, assistant, manager, or whatever the role is called. You know, the one that helps to move props around, makes sure everyone is at the right place at the right time. The role that requires more of a brute strength than a melodic voice.

Speaking roles or those that rely on sound would be wasted on me, so I'm quite happy to get what I did. I'm quite good with my hands and physical labour, so it seems quite suited to me. I'm also not that very good with crowds or chaotic places, so being somewhere backstage, where I don't need to interact much with people is a very good thing for me.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:49 pm

I have been assigned the role of Assistant Production Manager for the production. The production manager role suits me because I have a tendency to be organised and detail-oriented. I am also a person who finds satisfaction in seeing things done properly and efficiently. This role is very crucial for the organisation, as I will be responsible for managing the production team and ensuring the production runs smoothly and on time. The role will involve coordinating with various departments such as casting, props, costume, sound, and lighting, and making sure that everything runs efficiently. I am excited to be taking on this challenging but rewarding role!
Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Return to Overture, Curtain, Lights!