Performances - Task 16 - The World Will Remember Us

Moderator: Lex Green

Performances - Task 16 - The World Will Remember Us

Postby Lex Green » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Emotions are high as the performances finally draw to a close. Some people are sad that the process is over, some are a little relieved that the stress is done with, and others feel like it hasn’t quite sunk in yet. Either way, everyone is proud of what they and their classmates have achieved, and some are hoping that another production might not be too far off in the future…

Task:
In at least 100 words, share your thoughts about how the show went and how you feel now, after the whole process. Did you have a favorite part? Did anything go wrong, or just different to how you expected? How did you find the experience?

This task is worth 10 beans/sapphires, with an additional 10 bonus beans/sapphires available for completing all Week Four (Performances) tasks by the end of activity (January 31st.)
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Re: Performances - Task 16 - The World Will Remember Us

Postby River Fenwick » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:07 pm

Now that it's over, it's safe to say the show went splendidly! I had so much fun, and everyone else seemed to enjoy it. The only thing that went wrong on performance night was that a prop broke right as the actor picked it up to use it onstage. Luckily, our experienced actor knew what to do and successfully hid the broken part while it was in use, so no one except us knew it was broken. I quickly fixed it once it was backstage so we could use it again later in the show. After that, the show went smoothly.

Thanks for organizing this, Lex!
River Fenwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Hiya Debnath » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:38 am

The show went amazing. Though many others and I were nervous prior to and during the show, we had the time of our lives, sometimes improvising the lines when we forgot them, sometimes being so much in character that we forgot who we were, and sometimes being outright goofy and silly during the acting by deviating from the original lines too much. Overall between improvisation and following the script, the play delivered a powerful message to the audience through a palatable mix of serious drama and comedy. The stage and the characters appeared put together, the improvisations went unnoticed, the props were on point and looked real, the lightings were beautiful, the decorations were eye-catching, the storyline and the script had the desired effect on the audience, and the acting was truly praiseworthy. At the end of the show, the theater was full of resounding claps that lasted quite long. It was a thrilling and fascinating experience to be part of the production team that staged such an amazing show. The amazing results of faith in oneself and great teamwork could be seen.
After the whole process, I feel elated amd refreshed. While I am tired and find myself breathing a sigh of relief, I am satisfied, very happy, and am feeling accomplished.
My favorite part of the whole process was giving my best towards writing the script, making sure that each word had a certain significance and produced a certain effect. I was glad to see how each part of the script brought out the desired reaction from the audience. I was also very happy and felt immensely relieved when the actors and actresses delivered improvised lines whenever they forgot the original lines, still managing to produce the same effect that was originally intended. It showed good understanding of teamwork and deep association with their own characters. While these unplanned parts certainly caused some anxiety, these were also ultimately one of my favorite parts of the show, because it showed that although planning is important, one can always fix any situation that goes wrong with some presence of mind and by improvisation.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Doxy

Location: India, or wherever you can see me on the Marauders' Map.

Postby Adeline Morior » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:50 am

I personally think this was a great experience. I learned quite a lot about an area I never really bothered to partake in. Having learned the different roles, jobs and places people fit in regarding a show or production. Having learned that I would fit in nicely and quite enjoy being part of a creative team helping put together such a nice idea or show. I also love watching shows and productions. It is amazing how so many aspects can come together and give out such an amazing entertaining and fun time for people in the show, working on it and just watching.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:26 pm

It was a superb experience for me overall. I got to design advertisements, and I also got to design backdrops for the stage. The Rehearsals were a blast and I had a lot of fun interacting with my fellow artists and production members. Not for once did I feel any sort of imposter syndrome, and it always felt like I belonged here.

My favourite part was designing the backdrop for a scene, since I could pour all my artistic creativity into that task. Almost nothing went wrong, except that one time when the new intern spilled a cup of tea over my copy of the script. He seemed so sad about it, that I decided not to react badly and instead got myself a new copy of the script.

The four-week journey was simply mind-blowing, to say the least. I got to act on stage after so long, and the fact that none of us made any mistakes on stage and the audience liked the performance so much, is of course a big, big bonus. Our hard work has finally paid-off. I am very happy with how everything has turned out. Looking forward to more such opportunities in the future.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Artemisia Thorne » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:01 pm

Participating in this activity was an incredibly enjoyable experience. Exploring the various roles involved in the production was enlightening, allowing me to understand the intricate workings behind the scenes. Discovering where I best fit within the production process was a rewarding aspect, highlighting the diverse skill set required for a successful show. My favourite part was definitely designing a piece of scenery, unleashing a wave of creativity that made the entire endeavour even more exciting. While the journey had its share of hiccups, they were minor and easily overcome, contributing to the learning process. Overall, this activity allowed me to appreciate the multifaceted nature of theatre production, leaving me with a newfound enthusiasm for the creative process.
"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
Artemisia Thorne
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Evony Senoj » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:49 pm

As the auditorium went black and audience exploded in applause, I let out a sigh of relief. That's it; it's over. I stayed after for a couple of hours, helping to clean up around the seats and pack away the backdrops, props, and costumes. In this time, I reflected on the whole experience.
It was difficult to wrap my head around the fact that it was over. After all the time preparing, stressing, anticipating… the actual performance went by in a flash. Aside from a mysteriously missing prop tree and a couple awkward moments where there was a few extra seconds as an actor momentarily forgot their line, everything went extremely well. (Better than I expected, I'll admit now.)
I'll never forget the looks on the audience's faces during those pivotal scenes, when they were completely engrossed, invested in the story we had created together. It was beautiful. I can't wait for the next Hogwarts production!
Evony Senoj
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Janne Halla » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:24 pm

It was quite a lovely production, though I wasn't really at the centre of it as some people. Theatre isn't really quite my thing, mostly because I can't enjoy it, though I did like to watch all the props being made. People are quite inventive.

I realized that there were a lot of people involved on stage, but I had no idea just how many workers it takes backstage to make it all run smoothly.

There was a slight mishap when I wrongly read the lips of the director who told me to go fetch an actress for the time on stage. I accidentally brought up the actor. Ah, they quickly realized the mistake and brought the right person in.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Viviana Kingston » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:44 am

It was overall fantastic. I had no clue that a production could be so stressful and satisfying at the same time. I’m sad that it’s over so soon but I especially liked being on stage but I had so much trouble with the costumes. I was pretty sure one of my friends kept pranking me. Every time I looked on the clothing rack, my clothes were either too large or too small and no one quite had the explanation why when everything was made to fit me. There was a mishap during the show, I was too slow in getting ready and I thought the lead actor was being called to the stage but it was rather me and I had the most unflattering fall in front most of the people behind stage as they rushed me because my shoes had come loose. I was lucky to have such supportive people working behind the scenes to help me out. They seemed to have the answers to everything, even when my prop was giving trouble on stage.
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Return to Overture, Curtain, Lights!