Week One - Task #04. - “A Budding Duelist”

Moderators: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Prof. Alexander Brighton, Silvana Mandeville

Week One - Task #04. - “A Budding Duelist”

Postby Katherine Laurier » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:00 am

You have been thinking about the dueling club for a while now and pondering whether or not you would join. Though you are hesitant, you can't think of a reason why not. Free time isn't a problem for you right now and if you did join, you would have a newfound skill which you could apply in different situations, including your current one with the person bothering you. What's there to lose?

At this point, it feels like you just have to make this decision. You peek into Flitwick's office and nod politely. He guides you as you sign your name and house onto the parchment.

Flitwick smiles, "Perfect! You seem like a bright student. The only thing you have to do now is make a nametag for yourself to wear during our trainings." He gives you a rectangular pin with a wide grin, "You can customize it however you like."

"Welcome to the club, budding duelist!"

Task:
To solidify your membership in the dueling club, you need a nametag signifying you are a member! Create a signature and avatar which you will use for the rest of the RPM event, or describe it in at least 75 words. The signature must be no more than 250x100 pixels and avatars must be no more than 100x100 pixels.

Alternatively, in at least 150 words, write about your experience with dueling. Have you ever dueled? Do you know anything about dueling, even the basics or perhaps the etiquette? Have you ever watched a duel? Do you know how to cast any dueling spells, and if so, what? Or are you completely new to dueling? Elaborate on what you currently know and what you want to know and learn more about through the club.

This task is worth 10 beans/sapphires. You can earn an additional 10 bonus beans for completing all Week One tasks by Saturday, March 30th, at 11:59 PM (HOL time).
Katherine Laurier
Reserve Prefect

Re: Week One - Task #04. - “A Budding Duelist”

Postby River Fenwick » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:43 pm

River Fenwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:30 pm

1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Rosalinda Malfoy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:31 pm

Rosalinda Malfoy
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Scarlet Robloutain » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:01 am

Scarlet Robloutain
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Postby Hiya Debnath » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:09 am

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Doxy

Location: India, or wherever you can see me on the Marauders' Map.

Postby Lex Green » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:00 pm

Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Postby Viviana Kingston » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:11 pm

- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Janne Halla » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:24 pm

The avatar, in its usual size, is dark scarlet with a thin, frilly gold border. In the middle rests a golden shield. There are two scarlet wands, crossed superimposed on it. On the left side of the crossed wands with a scarlet D and on the right side, a scarlet C, doe 'dueling club'.

The signature is similar, with a dark scarlet background and golden border. There is a golden silhouette of a figure on the left, aiming a wand to the right. There's a shiny, golden spell winding from the figure's wand the spell spelling the words 'dueling club'.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Return to RPM 2024: Dueling Club