Week Two - Task #08. - “Under Pressure”

Moderators: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Prof. Alexander Brighton, Silvana Mandeville

Week Two - Task #08. - “Under Pressure”

Postby Katherine Laurier » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:24 am

You wait at the dueling club training room with your friends. After learning about the history, spells, and agility for dueling, you wonder what you will learn this time. At last, silence yelled through the room as a girl cleared her throat, and eyes and ears perked up, "Hello everyone! My name is Katherine Laurier, and today, I will be teaching you one of the, I'd say, most important things in dueling - mental clarity."

"A clear mind is important in concentration, and concentration is crucial in spellcasting, especially in duels. It is important that during duels, you keep your cool even though you feel pressured. How else can you cast the spells properly when you can't focus and your mind is all over the place?" she paused, "And this won't just result in a potential loss in the duel, but also harm to yourself or to the other duelist."

She began to walk around the room, "Spellcasting is a complex thing, we all know that, and there may be unexpected backfires. There's one simple rule to keep in mind for this: if your mind is jumbled up, your performance will be jumbled up too. Pressure and uneasiness are normal, but it's how we handle these and keep our composure that matters. A clear mind is not an option, it is a must," she emphasized clearly.

"Now," she began with a smile, "let's see if you can maintain your focus under pressure!"

Task:
Prove your mental clarity and organize your thoughts by organizing these jumbled up letter tiles.

Please send your solution to me, Katherine Laurier, AND Prof. Sindor Aloyarc through a Private Message on the Roost.

Alternatively, write at least 150 words about a time you felt stressed, impatient, or felt like your brain was just all over the place. What made you feel that way? How did you handle it? Did you clear your mind and if so, what did you do to clear it? What can one do in order to clear their mind?

This task is worth 10 beans. You can earn an additional 10 bonus beans for completing all Week Two tasks by Saturday, March 30th, at 11:59 PM (HOL time).
Katherine Laurier
Reserve Prefect

Re: Week Two - Task #08. - “Under Pressure”

Postby Katherine Laurier » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:59 am

Focused Spellcasters:
Rosalinda Malfoy
Dibyarup James Potter
Lex Green
Scarlet Robloutain
River Fenwick
Prof. Will Lestrange
Hiya Debnath