Week Four - Task #15. - "Ready, Set, Duel"

Moderators: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Prof. Alexander Brighton, Silvana Mandeville

Week Four - Task #15. - "Ready, Set, Duel"

Postby Prof. Alexander Brighton » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:21 am

You can’t believe your ears. You have no idea of this stranger’s skill level with duels, but you just can’t back down from a challenge. There is only one answer here and you respond with “Alright, I accept your challenge.”

The mysterious shadowy figure takes out their wand while you take out yours and the duel commences. You both first bow to each other just like in an official duel, after all, this could be an official duel. You’re not sure what this mysterious stranger's motive is. They could be a friend or a murderer for all you know.

You are quick to cast the first spell, “stupefy”. The shadowy figure casts “protego” then “accio garbage bin” to a garbage bin that’s behind you. It hits you from behind, but you get right back on your feet and cast “tarantallegra” to cause the shadowy figure’s legs to twitch and turn. He bounces back quickly as well with the counter charm “Finite Incantatem.” The duel continues on with many more spells cast.

This duel is proving to be quite difficult. The mysterious shadowy figure is obviously a skilled duelist. You realize you will need all your strength and spell know-how to defeat them. You will need to put all you have learned in the dueling club to the test.

Task:
Think you have what it takes to win? Complete this wordsearch to prove you have the ability to succeed and come out from this duel victorious.

{click for full size}

Please send the solution to me and Prof. Sindor Aloyarc in a PM titled "Week Four - Task #15 - Ready, Set, Duel"
This task will be worth 10 beans/sapphires and is due on March 30, 11:59 PM HOL time.

Alternatively, in at least 150 words, invent a new spell that you can use in this duel against the mysterious shadowy figure. Tell us the incantation, what it does, the origins of the spell and/or the origins of it's incantation, and anything else you would like to add.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Professor

Re: Week Four - Task #15. - "Ready, Set, Duel"

Postby Janne Halla » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:51 pm

Is there a bigger version of the puzzle? It's incredibly small and hard to see different letters.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Jobberknoll

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:03 pm

Same issue here! The letters in the word search are way too small. It's readable but while solving a word search, we need to zoom in, and it immediately gets pixelated and nearly illegible.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:09 pm

Apologies, all! I’ve updated the post linking the graphic to its full size of Alex’s imagery. Hopefully it should now be a little more manageable. Thanks for alerting us! :wub:
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Return to RPM 2024: Dueling Club