Week Four - Task #13. - "Well Deserved Treat"

Moderators: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Prof. Alexander Brighton, Silvana Mandeville

Week Four - Task #13. - "Well Deserved Treat"

Postby Adeline Morior » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:10 am

After a fun and wonderful month of dueling, learning more about spells and showing off what you’ve learned, you are more excited than ever for the trip to Hogsmeade. Even more so knowing those who have been picking on you aren’t allowed on the trip.

Everyone has gathered in Prof. Sindor Aloyarc’s class for the trip via the Floo Network. It is the only fireplace with special permission to allow travel in and out of Hogwarts.

Mia Fountain addressed the group asking who knows when floo network travel was invented and by whom. This was when you learned that it was invented by Ignatia Wildsmith, a thirteenth century Ravenclaw witch who went to school at Hogwarts.

It is said that Ms. Wildsmith was struggling with a particularly hard riddle at the Ravenclaw door knocker, causing her to be locked out of her dorm room for two days. It was suspected, although not been confirmed, that this was when she first had the idea of moving around without the need of using doors. Ms. Wildsmith furthered her studies into Herbology which is where she discovered the magical properties of the Floo plant, which in turn caused the invention of the floo network, transporting witches and wizards from one fireplace to another.

You look over at the fireplace and notice words at the top. “Vocem Tuam Destinatum”. You recognise it as Latin. Mia explained that the words mean along the lines of “Voice/Speak your destination.” A reminder that you need to actually know and say where you are going.

Mia mentioned where to meet once we are ready to head back after the trip and start ushering students towards the fireplace.

Your excitement rises as your mind starts to wander on everywhere you would like to visit in Hogsmeade.

Task:
Choose and decorate a colouring page from the list provided. Show us what it looks like by posting it below. The colour pages provided are fairly large for a better colouring experience. Do however please remember to resize and keep your finished graphic post at max 600x600 pixels or post it in link form. You are welcome to do more than one but will only be rewarded a total of 10 Beans/Sapphires.

Colour Page Options:

1. Floo Powder Fireplace

2. Hogsmeade

3. Three Broomsticks Inn

Alternatively, in 150 words or more, tell us how you plan on spending your time in hogsmeade. Include how it feels learning about and travelling by floo powder, what shops you plan on visiting and/or things you might see and want to buy.

This task is worth 10 Beans/Sapphires and is due on March 30th before 11:59PM HOL time.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Re: Week Four - Task #13. - "Well Deserved Treat"

Postby Dibyarup James Potter » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:19 pm

1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Dibyarup James Potter
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby River Fenwick » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:18 pm

River Fenwick
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Postby Hiya Debnath » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:05 am

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Doxy

Location: India, or wherever you can see me on the Marauders' Map.

Postby Lex Green » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:36 pm

Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Postby Janne Halla » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:18 pm

As he stood before the fireplace, Floo Powder clutched tightly in his hand, Janne couldn't help but feel a knot form in his stomach. The idea of hurtling through the flames, unsure of where he would emerge, filled him with apprehension. But there was no turning back now.

With a deep breath, Janne tossed the powder into the flames and stepped forward, the heat engulfing him in a whirlwind of colors and sensation. For a brief moment, he felt weightless, suspended in a void of swirls. Then, as suddenly as it had begun, the journey ended, and he stumbled out of the fireplace into the warmth of the Three Broomsticks.

As he dusted himself off and straightened his robes, Janne couldn't shake the lingering sense of disorientation that clung to him like honey.

Pushing aside his misgivings, Janne set out to explore the charming village of Hogsmeade. His first stop? The legendary Honeydukes.

The hustle and bustle of eager shoppers filled the air, mingling with the intoxicating scent of sugary confections. Janne found himself overwhelmed by the crush of bodies pressing in around him. Every step soon started to feel like a struggle.

He quickly bought the nearest pieces of candy and with with a heavy heart, made a hasty retreat from Honeydukes. Other stores like Gladrags' Wizardwear seemed less busy, so he moved against the numbers of the crowd, visiting the stores that were less busy.

By the time the trip ended, Janne had quite a collection of items with him. It wasn't easy, but he was glad he made the trip.
Janne Halla
My MC is a... Jobberknoll

Postby Viviana Kingston » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:23 pm

I sneezed, clamping my hand shut as the floo powder threatened to fly away. The smell irritated my nose and I could only imagine what the travelling would do to me. Wanting to get it over and done with, considering it was my first time travelling with floo powder, I quickly threw the powder into the flame and stepped through. I’m sure if space had to be a place on earth, it would be in this very fireplace, or wherever the fireplace had taken me, the in between of two destinations. It was a flurry of colours and I could feel my stomach churning. It felt like gravity had no hold here and when I appeared in Higsmeade, I could feel bile travelling up my throat, threatening to come out. i swallowed it, an acidic taste enveloping my mouth. It was a funny thing that both normal travelling and magical modes of transport had it out for me. First stop was Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop. I browsed around before an attendant asked me exactly what I needed. Upon the offer of assistance, I thought about it a bit too hard and nothing seemed to form in my mind. “Your most unusual quills and inks, please.” I said, as an afterthought. I was handed a pot of rainbow ink, one that looked like marble swirls and some very shiny quills which I happily paid for. The next stop was Honeydukes, and I settled for some fudge which had the most marvellous taste. I could have sworn it tasted like condensed milk one second, and toffee the next. The last stop was Zonko’s Joke Shop for a trick wand, just for a silly prank to play on the housemates as I sneaked around the castle. Once done, I was satisfied for the trip, but mentally crying I had to use floo powder to get back.
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Diricawl

Return to RPM 2024: Dueling Club