Wizarding Schools

I beg to differ

Moderator: Gail Allen

Wizarding Schools

Postby Shadow Gaunt » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:31 am

As you all know, we have first been introduced to Hogwarts. And yet, we have a lot of information on other Wizarding schools such as Beauxbatons, Durmstrang, Illvermorny, etc. Therefore, I ask you all; what school do you think is the best? Which school will give you the best education? Which school is the safest? Debate the Wizarding schools in the world today!
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Shadow Gaunt
My MC is a... Ghoul

Re: Wizarding Schools

Postby Finn Cullen » Mon May 21, 2018 10:12 pm

I think it is debatable (lol, since this is the debate club) which school is the best -- indeed how does one judge such a nebulous concept? Surely not simply on academic results alone which are a rather mundane means of judging magical prowess, but i think we can assume that Hogwarts could not under any circumstances be called safe! The whole place seems designed to prey upon the weak and the unwary --- they have a Forbidden Forest that is out of bounds to all pupils on pain of potential death... unless they are sent there on detention. They have a killer tree in the grounds that was planted there for the convenience of a werewolf who hasn't even been at the school for over a decade, not to mention the various pet acromantulae, Polycranial canines and basilisks that turn up from time to time.
Hello everyone my name is Finn Cullen and I'm a Ravenclaw!
Finn Cullen
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Return to Debate Club