Christmas Debate: Parcels

I beg to differ

Moderator: Gail Allen

Christmas Debate: Parcels

Postby Gail Allen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Many of us have been the child who crawled under the tree to feel up the wrapped parcels, trying to guess what was inside.
The most noticeable difference would of course be whether the parcel was hard and maybe even 'box shaped', or soft and somewhat sounded.

But the question I pose to you is: Which is better? The hard box shaped parcel, or the soft slightly rounded parcel.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!
Gail Allen
My MC is a... Bicorn

Re: Christmas Debate: Parcels

Postby Shadow Gaunt » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:42 am

The hard, box shaped parcel of course, since it was always most likely to be a book. In fact, it was always (except for one time) a book.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Shadow Gaunt
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Scarlett Lacarnum » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:08 am

The hard, box shaped parcel is better. It leaves more to mystery and suspense as it can hold many items. Hopefully you can hold out long enough to open it on Christmas morning and not before. I used to wrap obvious shapes presents in large box shapes just to throw off the recipient.
Scarlett Lacarnum
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:04 am

I always liked the box shaped presents simply because they looked neater under the tree. A lot of times, my presents would include new books or dance wear that was put into a cardboard box. As Scarlett said, boxes can hold so many different presents whereas if it it's soft and rounded, I can often guess what it might be just by feeling it. I really liked to remain surprised until I finally unwrap the gift.
Shiloh Adlar, Sixth Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.” -Voltaire
Shiloh Adlar
My MC is a... Griffin

Return to Debate Club