Harry Potter - Should Harry have ended up with someone else?

Debate Club

Moderators: Prof. Kendra Givens, Prof. Alexander Brighton, Amy Smith, Ravenclaw Staff

Harry Potter - Should Harry have ended up with someone else?

Postby Hiya Debnath » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:32 pm

Should Harry have ended up with someone else other than Ginny? Well, Ginny was a great Quidditch player, not only an excellent Quidditch Chaser but also an occasional Seeker. She even went on to become a professional Quidditch player later in life. Therefore, of course, she had a lot in common with Harry, including being good at Quidditch and being loved and cherished by everyone for no reason (while Harry was the chosen one, Ginny was the youngest and only female sibling in the Weasley family), thus leading to their compatibility. Therefore, it is no surprise that they bonded over their common ground. Moreover, she had a crush on Harry Potter for a really long time, and her love for Harry had enough time to solidify as she closely watched him while he was growing up and being friends with her brother, Ron. He even saved her from the Chamber of Secrets. It's only natural that a girl would admire her savior in such a dire situation. Besides, she was a redhead, and it is likely that Harry Potter thought she resembled his mother because Lily was also a redhead. It is quite common for men to fall for women who remind them of the motherly figure in their lives. As for Hermione, she was better suited to Ron, who never agreed with her but respected her nevertheless and was able to take her bossy demeanor without flinching, creating the opposites-attract kind of relationship rather than the brother-sisterly love that Harry and Hermione shared. The other contender for Harry's lover could have been Luna, owing to the shared grief and understanding of loss that they both had. If it were not for her dreamy nature and blank stares, I would have guessed that Luna had a crush on Harry Potter because she was the only one who recognized Harry even through his disguise at the wedding of Bill Weasley and Fleur. She guessed him under his disguise by his facial expression and body language, indicating that she had observed him way more closely than she was given credit for. Yet I think that while they bonded on common ground, too, Luna was better suited to a dreamer like herself, as she later found her dreams fulfilled as a magizoologist married to the grandson of yet another great magizoologist. Harry could have ended up forever with Cho, but we all know why that did not happen, both in the books and the movies, and we are all satisfied with that because it could simply be seen right from the beginning that they weren't meant to be. So, what do you think? Has Harry ended up with the right person, or could it have been better?
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Doxy

Location: India, or wherever you can see me on the Marauders' Map.

Re: Harry Potter - Should Harry have ended up with someone e

Postby Lex Green » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:43 pm

I think that Harry should have definitely ended up with someone else in the long run. Throughout the books, we barely see any of the characters exploring romance at all, and whilst having the four main characters tie perfectly into two couples means everything gets wrapped up very nicely for the story, I think it's silly and unrealistic to say that Harry's first and only real romantic interest, who he meets at the age of 11, and who he only really knows because she's his best friend's sister, is, in fact, the love of his life who he should be with forever.
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Return to Bird to Differ