Transformation - Animagus or Metamorphmagus

Debate Club

Moderators: Prof. Kendra Givens, Prof. Alexander Brighton, Amy Smith, Ravenclaw Staff

Transformation - Animagus or Metamorphmagus

Postby Adeline Morior » Sat May 04, 2024 9:14 am

It is simple. If you had the choice to have a transformative ability, which would you consider the best to have?

To be able to shape into a set animal form as an Animagus or to change appearance at will such as with Metamorphmagus?

Tell us below why you feel your choice to be the better option in your opinion.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Re: Transformation - Animagus or Metamorphmagus

Postby Adeline Morior » Wed May 22, 2024 7:50 am

Although the thought to change ones appearance at any time and in any form, I choose Animagus. I think having a set form chosen by magical nature is interesting and shows more about your character to yourself. Besides that, since the spell is so complicated, I would see it as a great victory if or when achieved. Becoming closer to nature. Being born a Metamorphmagus is cool but it would offer to be too many options and I like a fixed state of what I can do and who I am. Changing into one form is in my personal opinion something of an acceptance from nature if I pass the long enduring of the spell needed to achieve it.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Return to Bird to Differ